test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 30, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• eri42eri42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Not true. It has nothing to do when they're in the office. Hell, they used to do season and major patches at 2AM PDT! (Or was it 3am I can't remember). As a LOT of gold names have stated, and even I stated earlier in this thread, it has to do with the amount of people logged in. And this is the time when there is the least. As tacoboy said a few maintenance threads ago (hell could of been a month ago and it could of been Dan for all I remember at 8:30am lol), if the lowest amount of players was at 4am or 11:30pm they'd do it then. They want to effect the LEAST amount of people as possible. Not the most. Someone will always get the shaft with downtimes. That's the sad truth about mmo's. Plus the 6am time frame is just right when more dev's and so fourth are entering the office incase things go KABOOM. It saves having to call in people from their comfy beds hehe.

I stand corrected, but you have illustrated part of what I was trying to say. I know WOW for example usually starts their maintenance around 9 AM EST as does Turbines LOTRO I believe. But yes no matter when it is, someone will lose 'prime playing time' Hell, after 7+ years, people STILL complain WOW's maintenance times being on their day off.
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3.5 hours and not a single fix? This made me sad panda :(
  • enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eri42 wrote: »
    Ok a few things People do not seem to realize:

for the European players who are complaining this is running into their prime time: The STO game is being run out of California. They are starting Their maintenance at 6:00 AM. Putting this in perspective. most office businesses in the US normally have 9 AM to 5 PM working hours.

I'm German and I don't understand why some people cry "European Prime Time"... Normally i come home from work at this time, eat something, talk to my wife and my daughter and I would play STO in about 1 or 2 hours. So maintenance wouldn't affect me at all. Other time zones in EUrope my be affected, but most of us use CEST

The last emergency maintenance was annoying, this was gaming prime time.

If Cryptic would delay the maintenance to afternoon (PDT/PST), it would affect other players and they would complain... No chance to do it right ;)

May I suggest a rotating schedule? One in the morning and dor the next one on afternoon (next week, not next or same day :) ) So everyone has a chance to complain about it :cool:

I think we STO has bigger problems than discussing the time of maintenance....

and sorry, my English has got pretty rusty
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Computer locate my pants I wish to go out side for some fresh air.
    Computer:"Your pants are in the warp core."
    What why are my pants in the warp core?!
    Computer:"Information unknown."
    Fine computer Coffee black.
    Computer:"Get it yourself."
    Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hav0khav0k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to PLAY now...
  • snarfler9snarfler9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when will star trek online be updated in est
  • eri42eri42 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3.5 hours and not a single fix? This made me sad panda :(

they just said no new patch to download. I imagine there might be some fixes to be placed on their end.
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the love of Kahless - please, do one of the folowing:

a)Take down the live server for 24hrs and ppaly your "maintenance" fixes and/aor patches or bug squashes or whatever you seem to be doing EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE LOR launched.

b) "Scheduled Maintenance" should be just that - Scheduled!!! Letting is know a few hours before or at best, in the middle of the night before id ridiculous.

c)Do what 99.99999% of other devs of other mmorpgs do and thats do your maintenance during the middle of the night/EARLY am (for both east and west, a middle area) not TRIBBLE any1 on the east coast that playes between 9am-12pm.

d)do what 100% of all american/european devs of mmos do and that is FIX ALL THE BUGS ON THE practice server, NOT ON THE LOVE SERVER. Then, when you have it fixed, you tell us theres an shard restart and patch(should never take more than 1 hour) and all the fixes are uploaded to the LIVE shard. Simepl stuff.

Seriously - you have improved the quality of your mmo creation and content updates for STO, have created something wonderful with Neverwinter and I hope at sme point Champions Online will get an OVERHAUL like STO did - but, your maintenance habits ARE STILL LACKING and is what causes investors and gamers alike to view your studio as "ho hum" and not a top tier studio that I believe it is. regardless of the wuality of the game and improveent since launches, you need to get this maontenance and bug thing fixed.

We CAN PLAY the game the way it is now and if you want to fix things, do it on the practice shard, and then take down thge live shard for a little time. Having the live shard DOWN for multiple hours EVERY SINGLE DAY since the LOR release, some days having it down for 2-3 hours twp separate times in that same 24hr period and I believ we have ONE DAY of no maintenance, possible two - every other dsya is maintenance, and its not when people arent hardly playing, its in latemorning.early afternoon on the weekends and in late morning during teh week. Not good my friends, not good atall.

i am BEGGING you to reconsider what you are doing because free to play or not, it WILL drive away players, if it hasnt already. Please do something.

Lastly, to have a 3 1/2 hour long "shard maintenance" from 9am EST to 1230pm EST , when you just had a 2hr maintenance yesterday - is abslutely BONKERS!!!(yes , bonkers i say!)

PLEASE FIX THIS MESS. And remember, the MAJORITY OF YOUR PLAYERS have either a)NOT experienced one BUG whatsoever or B) have experienced MINOR incinveniences that they can live with and could care less if it is fixed or not. Those that whine and cry and ask for this or that bug to be fixed 100 times on the forums, and all forums posters are 1% or less of your playerbase. Some , like myself, will read some posts or make one if it strikes them, but other than that random post or browsing, you get your feedback from less than 1% of the games playerbase. So please consider that when you make any chanhes or updates. And if you ever want to do a poll, POLL EACH ACCOUNT by email or game mail - dont have a poll on forums because it will be soooooooo skewed.

Thank you for your time if you have read this posting fully or partially. Long live Crytpic Studios and STar Trek Online! Salute! Qapla' ! Jolan Tru!

-X
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hav0k wrote: »
    I want to PLAY now...

well you cant, uve got over 45 mins to wait!
    1630 UTC is 17:30 GMT and thats 45 mins away. lolz
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hav0k wrote: »
    I want to PLAY now...

Still 45min to go. hopefully:D

*orici1701
    lol
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • hkinsha01hkinsha01 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey look, another maintenance. >.> Come to guess more than likely it will be "server stability" and then another hour on Friday or Saturday for emergency maintenance.

Cryptic, Pwe, YOUR SERVERS ARE AS STABLE AS A KID WITH SEIZURES. YOUR SERVER STABILITY EXCUSE HAS GONE ON FOR TOO **** LONG. Seriously when I see your server stability I think of iron man 1 "training accident"

With that said, all the downtime has not only caused frustration with the lifetime members (which I am) and frustration with all the monthly subscribers. We sit around and wait for you guys to get your act together and all the subscribers lose play-time and they still have to pay a monthly fee. With that said I can tell you that hands down there are many silver members who are WANTING to become gold or lifetime members. But they choose not to because they feel they would be paying money into a sinking ship. ON THE OTHER HAND, you have a bunch of gold and lifetime members who are CANCELLING their subscriptions and going to other MMORPGS because their servers not only are stable, BUT they don't have maintenance every other day.

To take a quote from another forum. (If you wrote this please let me know so I can give the appropriate citation to) It went along the lines that "Cryptic/Pwe is soo bad with their servers and customer relations that it is starting to become worse than EA." I can honestly believe that.

With my complaint complete. I wish to take a moment to say that I understand the GMs and the Devs. New content can have many unforseen bugs. BUT to also now run them over. THAT IS WHAT THE BETA TESTS WERE FOR. Oh yea mind you I was invited to the pre-beta but when it came time for the beta I couldnt get on the servers because they were soo terrible.

I believe that PWE and Cryptic wishes to do a good job, they wish to fix the bugs, but with this being the fifth day in two weeks of maintenance this has gone on long enough.

I suggest that PWE/Cryptic Pay us PER HOUR of maintenance. Not only would this show the gaming community that they do care about us and they thank us for subscribing and playing. But it would also show that they understand that all the downtime is frustrating many players

Chart:

Lifetimers : 500 ZEN per downtime hour (starts as soon as servers go offline)
    Gold Members (monthly payers) : 250 Zen per hour (starts as soon as the servers go offline)
    Silver members : 100 Zen per hour.

As a lifetimer. NOT ONLY have I payed the Lifetime fee of 299, but also I purchased TWO legacy kits (one for me and one for my wife) I have purchased at least 100 dollars a month in zen (to convert to dilithium for the fleet) Ontop of that I have also purchased enough zen to purchase numerous starships for both KDF and FED for my characters.

With that said I have purchased at least 1,000 USD on the game (and this is just me alone) and I feel all the downtime has really strained my relationship with Cryptic/Pwe.

Thank you for your time.
  • deadface1272deadface1272 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't wait to see how many more times a computer will go down, every day, on Nimbus III :(
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have absolutely no idea how a company is run.
  • reaperwrightyreaperwrighty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am really loving the new expansion, I have enjoyed the Romulan storyline I have enjoyed playing as a Romulan and Reman characters and flying around in the Romulan ships, but that being said can you please fix the bloody bugs in this game please, its really annoying that the mail is still broken and some times the PvE does not work right, for heaven sakes come on its been out a week surely with all these maintenance downtimes you would of addressed some of these issues by now
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkinsha01 wrote: »
    Lifetimers : 500 ZEN per downtime hour (starts as soon as servers go offline)
    Gold Members (monthly payers) : 250 Zen per hour (starts as soon as the servers go offline)
    Silver members : 100 Zen per hour.

I don't see the logic behind this "balance" between account types?

And TBH: They seem a bit nuts too...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I read the Forums at work, entertainment.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's unbelievable the TONS of bugs just get ignored by them for 3 weeks now. It's an incredible impertinence and EVERBYODY shoud send a mail to CBS to let them know how PWE/Cryptic is putting the name Star Trek in the dirt of something cheap and buggy. Maybe if CBS pats PWE's fingers they will care, because they obviously don't give a sh** about the users.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hkinsha01 wrote: »
    snip.

uh huh. venting aside, until cryptic come up with a more permanent solution to the game issues, complaining doesnt mean a whole lot.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    This is why I read the Forums at work, entertainment.

here you go:
    http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246573
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heres a new bug for ya
    An error occurred while processing your request.
    Reference #97.def354b8.1369931382.b61db4b

well , what can i say i spent hundreds a bucks on the game and ive played 1 hrs total ina week.....
    i come back today thinking to test if the bugs are sorted ...and its down....

and to let you all know im a disabled lad with actually not much else to do....
    so ill come back next wednesday...see how things are.
  • defufodefufo Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xaosmg123 wrote: »
    ON THE LOVE SERVER

That has a nice ring... I can see why you want harmony there...

Space - the final frontier. These are the adventures of Tovan Khev - told by his loyal servant ... err... Commanding Officer.
  • josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eri42 wrote: »
    they just said no new patch to download. I imagine there might be some fixes to be placed on their end.

That was a lie. There is a patch...a fairly small one but a patch nonetheless.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm from UK, -1 hour to mainland Europe, and I don't understand this gripe about 'Prime Time'.

I assume that most people in UK finish work around 5pm, a lot of others work shifts and finish at random times.

I visit mainland Europe a lot, usually south Europe and I note that everything seems to be open later anyway, and yes outside of tourist places too.

I realise I can't speak for everyone, this is just merely observations I have made.

So, with that being said, surely, 'Prime Time' for Europe, and UK should be about 2 hours from now, once everyone has gotten home, settled down and gotten on with gaming. I could understand people farther east complaining about this affecting 'Prime Time' but not mainland Europe or UK.

I would like to see data of users on line, similar to steam or many other services I'm sure.

But with the limited information I have, I imagine, the 9:30am PDT estimated time of conclusion would indeed be outside of the 'Prime Time' of the main player base. This, however, does not indicate, how it would affect the 'Career Player', i.e. play from start of day to finish of day. If you were to look at the prime time of this type of player, I would assume yes, the maintenance is cutting right into that player base's 'Prime Time'.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Install a BORG vinculum and we wont have this problem ?

Resistance is futile rage quitters.

Time for a shave and a mug of coffee :)
  • blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Tabs off netflix from watching star trek sees still down for maintenance tabs back and puts on another episode* ;P
  • ghostsofwar116ghostsofwar116 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, first off Lifetimers ( I know i am one) already get 500 Zen a month, they dont need more Zen, and the downtime while frustrating is actually helpful, it means we have to step away for a bit and reconnect with something other then STO. Yes, I am not a fan of the patches, because it seems the servers are not completely stable, but then again the amount of people playing this game has gone up slightly due to the release of LoR. More players = More stress on the servers = more server downtime to insure they are running as best they can be.
  • ewtasticewtastic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well , what can i say i spent hundreds a bucks on the game and ive played 1 hrs total ina week.....
    i come back today thinking to test if the bugs are sorted ...and its down....

and to let you all know im a disabled lad with actually not much else to do....
    so ill come back next wednesday...see how things are.

Dont come back between 1300 - 1630 UTC which is now the daily downtime for a couple of weeks. Apart from the gamebreaking bugs cryptic devs have no intention of fixing due to them having issues with their own structure and communications.
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    snarfler9 wrote: »
    when will star trek online be updated in est

The very first post has a link to display your local time, Brandon usually does this for every scheduled downtime post:

Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 30th, for scheduled network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 3.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

As we're only conducting network maintenance, there are no patch notes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

6:00 am - 9:30 am PST would be 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST.

Jolan'tru
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is 'prime time' to many people, all over the world. what is annoying many of us is that the constant daily maintenance is always at the same times, and always causes the same people to lose their only opportunity to play sto every single day.
    maybe it would be great if they would share the love and offset it by a few hours now and again.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! Maintenance is going well! We will need a few extra minutes to do our final checks, and expect to be back up within the hour.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.