edited May 2013
    You'll get used to it. :)
  • darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but at the time, within the hour would of been 42 minutes

Well, yeah. But you get my point. ;)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wonder if cryptic has found the issue during maint just now, one hell of a coincidence that the maint has been extended shortly before the forums started getting non-responsive again.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • angiewilliamsangiewilliams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like maintenance, gives me a chance to get some work done and earn more money for Zen!

Says the cryptic employee alt account or cryptic employee relative
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wonder if cryptic has found the issue during maint just now, one hell of a coincidence that the maint has been extended shortly before the forums started getting non-responsive again.

Either that or the forums just became busy in response to the delay notice
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! Maintenance is going well! We will need a few extra minutes to do our final checks, and expect to be back up within the hour.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You only need a few minutes, yet it should be back up inside the hour?

So why has the maintainance just been extended by 30 minutes?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bran, aren't you guys secretly adding more servers? Talk to us! :)

When are we getting the new bugs fixed?
    i mean like:
    - finishing borg alerts for Romulans
    - Romulan/KDF PVP queues
    - queues as a whole
    edited May 2013
    well the point is mute now since within the hour no longer applys

it still applies, its not within the hour any longer its now within an hour and so many minutes from now... unless its extended again :D.
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me the downtime isn't a big deal, I started playing a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Enough so I bought the LTS, and despite what others have stated I found this game to have a lot of content, and engaging world that never feels empty, and a pretty good community.

I would rather fix things they didn't catch in the Beta or fix the unexpected that pop up after something goes live(which happens in every MMO). If they didn't take things down when needed for fixes and patches the lil amount of complaining about downtime, would be exponentially worse if they didn't.

Thanks for your hardwork Cryptic and Branflakes I have to ask do you ever sleep? I see you interact with the community at all times of the day. You are a great CM, thank you for the good communication.

On another note for the downtime I want 1000billiion Tribbles and a few Orion women sent to my cabin:)
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL!!! this guy is funny. Delusional but funny!!
  • tuscanmadakaius4tuscanmadakaius4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just hoping and praying that amongst all of the bugs present in Patch Trek Offline nowadays, some of the more annoying ones are dealt with asap. It's going to go beyond annoying sooner rather than later...
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Says the cryptic employee alt account or cryptic employee relative

LOL So that's why we always seem to do so well... It all makes sense now!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is a "mute" point?

Do they mean "moot" ?
  • infydelinfydel Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    - finishing borg alerts for Romulans
    the Fed (and presumably the KDF) can't complete those missions either; it's not specific to Romulans
    Vulcans are MEAN
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should just have another 9 hour patch day during which they actually fix stuff good and proper, not this piecemeal approach that isn't working. Call it a LoR Relaunch or something, but this is getting to be stupid :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maexthemangomaexthemango Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well looks like I won't be able to log in before I have to go to work.

there should just be one day out of the week they take to do a complete maintenance and do as many major bug fixes as possible.

ah well hopefully no downtime tomorrow, and hopefully less buggy in some way or another
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phadren wrote: »
    On another note for the downtime I want 1000billiion Tribbles and a few Orion women sent to my cabin:)

Call the animal protection charities! Someone think of those poor tribbles in this maniacs hands!
  • dolim227dolim227 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem with many IT professionals and software engineers is they have never worked a single day in costumer service positions where you have to look your customer in the eye and deal with them right then and there. Examples, cashier at a department store/ big grocery store/fast food restaurant, non commissioned sales floor associate, waiter/waitress. So they have no idea what customer service really is. So this is what you get.

As far as the Euro players complaining about maintenance times. I have played a few games where the company that operate them where in Germany. If you think they ever scheduled maintenance times to work for those of us that live in North America, you are lying to yourself. Cryptic Studios is some where in the Pacific Time Zone. It is not unreasonable for them to do maintenance based on that time clock. If you don't like it, there are many games where their offices are somewhere in the EU that will do maintenance work during times that are more convenient for you.

What truly baffles me about all this is, if the server is having trouble handling all the high player traffic, why not just purchase a new physical server unit with more memory and move STO, and only STO, on to that server unit? Each game should be on its own server unit, not its own partition within the main memory of a single server unit. Especially one with high player traffic as STO has.
  • alvarogarayalvarogaray Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Computer locate my pants I wish to go out side for some fresh air.
    Computer:"Your pants are in the warp core."
    What why are my pants in the warp core?!
    Computer:"Information unknown."
    Fine computer Coffee black.
    Computer:"Get it yourself."
    Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just because I see this misused quite a lot, within the hour, or within an hour?
    burstorion wrote: »
    Call the animal protection charities! Someone think of those poor tribbles in this maniacs hands!

If you only knew what you can do with Orion women and tribbles;)
    edited May 2013
    dolim227 wrote: »
    As far as the Euro players complaining about maintenance times. I have played a few games where the company that operate them where in Germany. If you think they ever scheduled maintenance times to work for those of us that live in North America, you are lying to yourself. Cryptic Studios is some where in the Pacific Time Zone. It is not unreasonable for them to do maintenance based on that time clock. If you don't like it, there are many games where their offices are somewhere in the EU that will do maintenance work during times that are more convenient for you.

such arrogance! you know full well there isnt another trek mmo for miles around so how can you go look for another trek mmo game and call it a "inconvenient" if someone else is having an issue? are you really that silly to believe such nonsense?

enough of that that though.

website and forums are playing around;

"Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

"Reference #3.f1920d9.1369931891.4d3a212"

"Reference #3.f1920d9.1369931922.4d3a9f5"

"Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later."

"Reference #6.2d1920d9.1369931941.1dbc62f7"
  • specopssec31specopssec31 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't believe it... It is a official Holiday in most of the european countries and the game is down again.
    I don't understand why it is so complicated to keep things running 23,5hrs a day. On the Hardware side it should be no problem with virtualized server farms and SAN storage and redundant network and uplinks. That means that PWE wants to run the game on low cost low end Hardware to save money which is almost fraudulent if you can not provide the service you are offering. Or the software is so buggy it needs some hours of fixing every day.
    Looks like PWE killed the game and is unable to fix it, and all that for 20 playing hours of content (after nearly a year with almost no new featured episodes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is a "mute" point?

A 'mute' point would be where someone pointed out a clear and present bug to PWE, and they subsequently chose to ignore it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a Seinfeld maintenance.

"The three and a half hours to do nothing has been extended. Serenity now."

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • masumunemasumune Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When Star Trek Online came out, 3 years ago, i considered buying a lifetime subscription.
    Being a Trek fan since i was a boy, i was very much tempted to jump in, however, the price being 299$ made me ponder.
    So far, all Star Trek games were not really up to expectations...

So, i put the box back on the shelf and walked away...

In January 2013, i found out that Star Trek Online was now a Free 2 Play game, JOY!
    I could now play the game freely and enjoy my passion as a Trek Fan and go Boldly!

I was impressed with the Graphic quality of the game and i enjoyed playing it, at first.

After 3 days of play, i realised how little content this MMO really had...
    It took me 5 days to get to Vice Admiral, and was left with a sour taste about how long i could play this game...
    I mean compared to other MMO where you need at least 8-12 months of play before reaching endgame stuff...

In all these 3 years since i left that box on the shelf at the store... that's all the content people got?
    I no longer have regrets about not buying a lifetime sub.

To be honest, i'm a DEV and i couldn't believe the amount of bugs i saw when i first started to play, and the game was 3 years in the making already.
    After reading the forums and talking with other players, most of which are lifetimers, i found out that many of these bugs were there at the beginning and were never fixed!

Please don't let this game go down the same path as many of the other Star Trek games.

This game has so much potential and such a loyal costumer base (even with all the problems the game his experiencing now and in the past)
    that i do NOT understand why the people at CRYPTIC do not take the TIME to talk the real deal with the LIFETIMERS at least.
    After all, THEY are the one that writes your PAYCHECK...

They deserve the right to KNOW what is happening about all the donwtime and the unfixed bugs and what CRYPTIC is going to do about it.

The way that CRYPTIC is handling the current situation with the release of LoR, is just
    unnaceptable! Aggravating your customers is NOT the way to do business.

I would like to personnaly thank Brandon on his valiant effort to keep us informed about what is going on, that being said, that's not enough!

PICK UP THE BALL CRYPTIC!
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance extended to last for 4 hours? With no patch? While a patch usually take half the time?

Cryptic, you have to answer to this one: what the heck is going on?

It's crystal clear now you run into some difficulty, and I have no doubt you will succeed, but you do have to finally share same information.

Otherwise the players' imagination of what can be the trouble will make it bigger than it is and mistrust will come.

There already are ones who think and said you don't know how to put your hands.

Make these rumors quell by simply telling us what's the matter and how you're treating it. Or doubts will rise and rise.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! Maintenance is going well! We will need a few extra minutes to do our final checks, and expect to be back up within the hour.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I feel sorry for you mate, you really do a great job for this whole franchise, yet the people feel Neverwinter is better then our STO, so we get the left over servers, while NW has not had any issues since going online. It really is a big shame...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is a "mute" point?

A 'mute' point would be where someone pointed out a clear and present bug to PWE, and the latter subsequently chose to stay silent about it for > 3 weeks.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • redpsirenredpsiren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The devs should take a lesson from old Montgomery Scott.

Scotty: Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would *really* take, did ya?
    Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: Well, of course I did.
    Scotty: Oh, laddie. You've got a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why am I seeing loads of repeated posts now? At first I just thought it was one person repeating a joke I didn't really find funny but no it seems there's random posts repeating... Seems we have a temporal issue here!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
This discussion has been closed.