test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic/PWE Account issue.

I have previously subscribed to Star Trek Online whilst it was solely under the auspices of Cryptic Entertainment, enjoyed my time and then stopped playing after a while.

Recently I've downloaded the game and am attempting to play it once again but I am having some trouble with linking my PWE account with the old Cryptic account.

I have followed the instructions as per the website exhaustively but am still experiencing problems.

My old cryptic account and my new PWE account (which was created to try neverwinter a few weeks back) use exactly the same details. Both the login and the email address are the same on both accounts. As such, when I attempt to log in using these details, it connects me to the PWE version of this account NOT the Cryptic version and doesn't prompt me to link the accounts together.

I wouldn't worry except that I have a number of rather heavily invested, well developed characters on the Cryptic account that I was keen to incorporate into my play this time around and I can't access them at all. They don't exist on the PWE account and since it doesn't seem to recognise that I have a cryptic account, I see no way to get at them.

I've submitted a support ticket outlining my problem, but haven't received any communication from PWE at all so far, not even an automated response suggesting they've noted my ticket.

(Side note: I've also read some reports of cryptic accounts that weren't manually linked by players by a certain date being arbitrarily assigned to new PWE accounts for the purposes of transferring them to the new database. I'm not sure if this has happened here and my old account is simply linked to an automatically created PWE account that I have no knowledge of. I have no idea how to find this out.)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Post edited by booflebuff on

Comments

• Options
    ikedateramusaikedateramusa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with that. I've been waiting for 12 days for the same issue. Just get comfy.
  • Options
    booflebuffbooflebuff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck with that. I've been waiting for 12 days for the same issue. Just get comfy.

:(

That's rather disheartening to hear.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What complicates matters, was because of a security 'incident', there was a MANDATORY PASSWORD CHANGE requirement on Cryptic accounts. And if this wasn't done before the PWE buyout of Cryptic...
  • Options
    nevermuzzlenevermuzzle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having a problem like this, except for me the detail are different but when i try to link my old Cryptic account to my current PW one it tells me the PW account details are wrong (I'm logging in now with the same info so its not wrong)

and then when I try to link it to a new account it tells me my secondary email address is already being used, (which it isn't cuz i never use it) then when i try to go log in with that second email it tells me its not in use.

I've submitted a ticket but this sounds hopeless right now. :mad:
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My husband has been having the same issue for a few months now. Maybe they'll take it seriously since now they have the new LoR out and they have the chance of making some money off the players they help because 4 months ago when I talked about this we still didn't get any help.

What's really sad is my husband just created a new account to login to see the romulan stuff and even tho he just did it on PWE website, the thing is telling him it's not a valid login but he's at this very moment downloading the patch files.?!?!?

What the world is going on over there?
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if they have a different support team but I just went over the the PWE website (not the STO one) and posted another support request with my details (because they just closed the last one assuming wrongly that it was due to the new expansion) so we'll see how long it takes this time.
  • Options
    apocalystoapocalysto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue, I took a very long break and now want to spend a few months (maybe more) checking out all that has changed and play the Romulan storyline.

I submitted a ticket over the weekend hoping for a quick solution to my problem on Monday or Tuesday however now I'm worried that I'm going to be left waiting as other players have.

It's only costing them money if they let us wait too long, I will probably sub or at least buys some items on the store to check them out but I'm not going to hang around for too long if Perfect Worlds support is as bad as I'm hearing.

I hope they get this sorted out soon though.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

It sounds like you logged into the launcher with your PWE account before linking your Cryptic account to it (or played another Cryptic game with your PWE account before linking) -- this automatically creates a "Cryptic" account to link to it that allows you to log into the game, but it then makes that PWE account ineligible from being linked to a different, existing Cryptic account (because it's technically already linked, just to a different one).

Our GM team should be able to assist once they get to your ticket, but only they will be able to help. We hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    dnladdictdnladdict Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the exact same problem as the OP. This is especially frustrating because I have a LIFETIME subscription to STO. I would like to know the quickest way to resolve this. I sent a ticket in two days ago and have only received the standard atuo-response.

Why when we're required to log into the sites/games with PWE accounts to does it create a Cryptic account? Seems like a waste of time and only causes more confusion.

I really want to get in game and check out LoR because I've been hearing great things, but I'd like to do so with my previous characters and all the other cool stuff I bought.
  • Options
    derfling74forumderfling74forum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here - lifetime account - it must be easy to fix, I spent loads on my guy and now I cant use it until support manages to dig through all of the OTHER support issues... :mad:
  • Options
    malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

It sounds like you logged into the launcher with your PWE account before linking your Cryptic account to it (or played another Cryptic game with your PWE account before linking) -- this automatically creates a "Cryptic" account to link to it that allows you to log into the game, but it then makes that PWE account ineligible from being linked to a different, existing Cryptic account (because it's technically already linked, just to a different one).

Our GM team should be able to assist once they get to your ticket, but only they will be able to help. We hope to see you back in-game soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How many weeks will this take? Some of us have been waiting that long already.
  • Options
    effreem514effreem514 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This appears to be happening to me as well, lifetime sub. I want to buy the LoR pack but wont until my account is fixed. :(
  • Options
    notfirestormnotfirestorm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So this has happened to me also, and the lack of any sort of official feedback (other than the automated "we received your ticket and will work on it soon!" one) is annoying. Even a "Hey, this is going to take awhile because we have to manually do complicated process X Y and Z for thousands of afflicted accounts" would be nice, cause at least we'd know the problem has been diagnosed and a fix is being attempted.

Anyways, I do have a question about this. If our account is in this weird state, where the PWE account wasn't correctly linked to the Cryptic one, if we attempt to use the PWE account to create a new character and just play, will this complicate the recovery of our misplaced characters? I just want to play, but I don't want to loose anything on my old account
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So this has happened to me also, and the lack of any sort of official feedback (other than the automated "we received your ticket and will work on it soon!" one) is annoying. Even a "Hey, this is going to take awhile because we have to manually do complicated process X Y and Z for thousands of afflicted accounts" would be nice, cause at least we'd know the problem has been diagnosed and a fix is being attempted.

Anyways, I do have a question about this. If our account is in this weird state, where the PWE account wasn't correctly linked to the Cryptic one, if we attempt to use the PWE account to create a new character and just play, will this complicate the recovery of our misplaced characters? I just want to play, but I don't want to loose anything on my old account

I highly doubt we we have a chance of getting our old accounts back, but if you are holding out hope I wouldn't risk it.
  • Options
    snusnu82snusnu82 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't make a new char and play if you plan on keeping that char. I am in the process of fixing my account and to recover the old char they will delete anything new. Its total lazy bull**** on them.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • Options
    shadowexxshadowexx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave up trying to recover my account 9 months ago after only ever receiving the auto response to tickets. I however tried again a month ago as LOR looked like fun to try. 20 days for first response with generic links to fix problems. I followed the instructions for further information to be given and am currently at 2 weeks wait. Is this happening for everyone? I wanted to buy the LOR pack while it was cheap, 2 days until it goes up.
  • Options
    paracantusparacantus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, had a beta account and a maxed out char... The joys of the free-to-play business model !
  • Options
    jedtedjedted Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too came back to try out the romulan expansion but i also had a decent leveled starfleet char(I think at least Lt Cmdr) and i'd like to get that back.

I'd imagine customer service would want to make this issue a priority, no? Maybe if i posted the number for my ticket would that make it easier for them to find it?
  • Options
    wolfbane77wolfbane77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And guess hwat.....asme issue as mentioned before right here!
  • Options
    stylerockastylerocka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda good to see I'm not the only one with this issue,

Wanted to try STO again after the expansion, my accounts didn't link properly and i've spent the last 4-5 days waiting to get a ticket reply,

I'm honestly shocked how horrid the customer service is....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But hey, at least we have friendly moderators censoring this thread. Instead of anyone trying to help PAYING customers to actually have the service they are entitled.

Two weeks and counting now, only response has been "We are aware there is a logon queue..." after days, which means no one actually even read my ticket at that point.
  • Options
    mournnemournne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue. I have a STO Cryptic account with 4 characters on it that I paid for gold status. When I try to link the Cryptic account to my newly created PW account, I get an error message that that "account is already linked to another account." I sent a ticket in last week. I suspect the problem is I created the PW account to play Neverwinter.

Anyway, I paid for a gold subscription for Cryptic that I cannot access and I cannot access my characters.

Is there anyway for us to escalate this?

Thanks.
  • Options
    opulence00opulence00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I gave up waiting for customer service to do something. Instead I logged into the STO site with my Cryptic account and when it asked me if I had an existing PWE account this time I selected no. It then prompted me to create a new PWE account (I used an alternate e-mail address from my prior PWE account), and linked just fine. Was able to log in with all my old characters, lifetime sub, vet rewards, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    opulence00 wrote: »
    I gave up waiting for customer service to do something. Instead I logged into the STO site with my Cryptic account and when it asked me if I had an existing PWE account this time I selected no. It then prompted me to create a new PWE account (I used an alternate e-mail address from my prior PWE account), and linked just fine. Was able to log in with all my old characters, lifetime sub, vet rewards, etc.

I had that thought, but my PWE account and my Cryptice account are of the same name, and on the same email address, so it always logs into the pwe account.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    malwiz wrote: »
    I had that thought, but my PWE account and my Cryptice account are of the same name, and on the same email address, so it always logs into the pwe account.

Mine too. :(
  • Options
    paracantusparacantus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Tried it and it works, thanks a lot !
  • Options
    opulence00opulence00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malwiz wrote: »

Just theorizing here.

But do both accounts use the same password? Though both accounts have the same name, if the passwords are different you should be able to use the Cryptic password to login and it'll prompt you to link. If the passwords are the same you should be able to go through the password recovery in order to change it to something else.

Or perhaps change the e-mail address of your current PWE account to an alternate e-mail? Then you'd sign in with that account's e-mail address and not the PWE account name.

If nothing else it's worth a shot. Hope this gets resolved for you guys soon.

And glad I could help paracantus.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Dont forget to include the following info in your ticket to make it easier to find your account.

PWE registered Account Name:
    PWE registered Nickname:
    PWE registered Full Name (First, Last):
    PWE registered Account's Current Registered Email Address:
    PWE registered Date of Birth:
    PWE registered Country:
    PWE registered Secret Question and Answer:
    PWE registered IP address (go to www.whatismyipaddress.com to get this):
    E-mail address you would like placed on the account:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just theorizing here.

But do both accounts use the same password? Though both accounts have the same name, if the passwords are different you should be able to use the Cryptic password to login and it'll prompt you to link. If the passwords are the same you should be able to go through the password recovery in order to change it to something else.

Or perhaps change the e-mail address of your current PWE account to an alternate e-mail? Then you'd sign in with that account's e-mail address and not the PWE account name.

If nothing else it's worth a shot. Hope this gets resolved for you guys soon.

And glad I could help paracantus.

Unfortunately when I use the password for the cryptic account it just fails to login, bad password.

From my end, its as though my account doesn't exist anymore.

Over two weeks waiting now, and yes I included all of the suggested information and then some.
  • Options
    darknightivdarknightiv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the list, exactly the same issue. Very upsetting to hear you guys have been waiting weeks or worse on this. I had planned on getting a Founders pack for Neverwinter, definitely know better than to do that now!!! You guys saved me from dumping $200 on a company that cant handle even the most basic support issues, you have my most sincere thanks for sharing your experiences and saving others from investing in lifetime subs with this company!
This discussion has been closed.