test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic/PWE Account issue.

2»

Comments

• malwizmalwiz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, don't give these people any money. I'm at well over two weeks now, with ZERO response, and positive indicators that they haven't even read the ticket.

This is theft, I gave money and they are failing to provide a service. At this point, I'm going to just suggest everyone in the same boat just gives up, and finds another game/company to do business with.

You will not get your account back.
  • effreem514effreem514 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, if you arent planning on spending more money with them, I wouldnt help you either. :)

P.S. I got a response asking for more info after 2 days. Try not being a prick, people might be more willing to help you.
    edited May 2013
    effreem514 wrote: »
    Well, if you arent planning on spending more money with them, I wouldnt help you either. :)

P.S. I got a response asking for more info after 2 days. Try not being a prick, people might be more willing to help you.

I actually was going to spend more money, when I tried to get back on over two weeks ago. I' glad you got an email asking for more info, did that actually result in any help? I got one response a few days in too, telling me there were logon queues and they would fix it. Totally ignoring my problem.

I haven't been a 'prick' to anyone, here merely warning someone that spending money with this company is risky, as it is. Go look at the other threads with, other people waiting for WEEKS to get access to a product they PAID for.

Or are you astro-turfing?
    edited May 2013
    malwiz wrote: »
    did that actually result in any help?
    Or are you astro-turfing?

No :(

And whats astro-turfing?
    edited June 2013
    I do know, they've lost hundreds of dollars of potential income from just me, so they are really shooting themselves.

I'm done trying to get my account back now, it's been over a month, it is not possible.

I'll be moving on to another game, Rift went f2p this weekend. Come join me?

PS. Astro-Turfing is the process of political or corporation employees (or fanatic volunteers) post misinformation on the web to improve a groups image.
  • kalza1kalza1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea, I am having the same issue with the OP. I had a cryptic account and a perfect world account when they where not technically joined. One for STO and one for blacklight. Now that they have merged it will not let me merge either account for some stupid reason. I put a ticket in and im hoping to get a reply but I doubt it. I had a lifetime subscription, 2 level 50 characters and countless items that I had bought with cryptic points. Can a forum admin or someone from support please help with this?
    edited June 2013
    kalza1 wrote: »
    Yea, I am having the same issue with the OP. I had a cryptic account and a perfect world account when they where not technically joined. One for STO and one for blacklight. Now that they have merged it will not let me merge either account for some stupid reason. I put a ticket in and im hoping to get a reply but I doubt it. I had a lifetime subscription, 2 level 50 characters and countless items that I had bought with cryptic points. Can a forum admin or someone from support please help with this?

The forum "Admins" are just volunteers who enjoy being censors. And no one from support comes here, or talks to them.

You will not get help, just as I have not, or many others for weeks and months. One person here has been waiting since december, thats the better part of a year.

You might as well find another game.
    edited June 2013
    kalza1 wrote: »

I've actually been playing Warframe and Planetside 2 but I might have to give rift another shot. I really like Rifts class implementations, especially the Rift Stalker. A rogue tank that teleports! Epic fun but hard to manage. I managed to tank a heroic 5 man fight that required an offtank by teleporting back and forth from the boss to the adds and back, it was epic!
    edited June 2013
    And best of all, trion worlds actually has a support staff. You can get them on the phone, you don't have to send an email and pray.
    edited June 2013
    Another full week gone by, still no response. No better than common thieves.
    edited June 2013
    I had a response after 2 days then nothing for about a week now.

This is actually a really interesting situation. They have customers who have already spent money on their games and want to spend more. Yet they continue to provide service to people who have yet to convert to paying customer.

Its a good bet that if they give people like me good service (after spending at least $200 on this game) that I will spend more. Why would you help 10 people who are un-paying and not 100% likely to pay at all. That logic doesnt make sense to a business.

They have 24 more hours to get my account issue fixed or they miss out on $120 (or more!)
  • gorlock6gorlock6 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having the exact same problem. I have already been playing Neverwinter with my PWE account. When I heard about the Romulan addition I decided to come back and give it a whirl. Unfortunately I logged in with my PWE credentials and played a little of the romulan side of things. I'm impressed at the changes to the game overall and wanted to get a founder's pack and play with my old characters also. When I attempted to link my old Cryptic account to my PWE I got the "already have a cryptic linked account" error.

Sent in a ticket. I did manage to get a response after a few days, but it doesn't look very impressive.

Response Support Staff 35 via Email 06/04/2013 02:43 PM
    Hello

Your Cryptic and Perfect World accounts are not yet linked.

It appears you have Cryptic credentials on your Perfect World account; these were created and automatically linked to your account when you logged your PWE account into a Cryptic game or website. This is why you were receiving the message that the account was already linked.

I can remove these credentials from your PWE account, if you wish. However, because this would clear all Cryptic information, you?d lose the characters you created in Neverwinter, STO, and CO since initially logging in using your PWE account. We will not make any changes without your consent; let me know how you?d like to proceed.

Thanks!

So I answered with this: ( I was a little ticked off at first. Answered twice)

Customer via CSS Web 06/04/2013 03:10 PM
    Okay. I'm trying to understand....You cannot link my STO Cryptic account because I have a PWE account in Neverwinter? Is this correct? Basically you want me to decide if I lose my top level STO characters or my Neverwinter ones? There has to be a way for me to keep my Neverwinter characters and my STO Characters....

Customer via CSS Web 06/04/2013 03:21 PM
    I have an idea. What if I create a second PWE account with a different email address. Can I link my STO Cryptic account to that?

So....

At this point I don't care if I need 2 PWE accounts. I don't want to lose my maxed-out STO or Neverwinter characters. I have put money into BOTH games and feel like if I have to do this, then my money was stolen.

I'm a server admin. I'm suspecting that they have front-line support staff using some kind of limited app to make limited changes to server accounts. There is no way they should have to do this to link my STO account to my current PWE account unless this is the case.

I understand their server admins must be busy, but if this is happening frequently (which I suspect by this thread) either their front-line staff need a better app or their server admins need to get involved.
  • gorlock6gorlock6 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well. Not an ideal solution, but I now have 2 PWE accounts with my Neverwinter on one and STO on another. At least I have my old chars.. :)
  • kahluakamikazekahluakamikaze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if any of you guys can help but I've downloaded Star Trek Online twice (the first without using Steam, and the second time through Steam). In both instances I get these weird messages that pop up every few seconds stating: "An error has occured in the script on this page, Line: (number changes) Character: (number changes). Do you want to continue to run the script." I continue to press yes so that I can log in and just play the game, but then it goes to "Do you have a cryptic account?" I have no idea what this means, but I click No, nothing happens. I click yes, nothing happens. The buttons don't work. I read somewhere that someone had to use internet explorer -for some god awful reason. So, I opened my internet explorer (version 9) and it says the same thing. I have Chrome open as well so is that the problem as well? :/ I'd hate to delete the game again, because I know for a fact, I won't download it a third time. If anyone can give me tips or help me out, I'd be so grateful. I was going to make a thread, but I'm too new of a user to create threads.
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if any of you guys can help but I've downloaded Star Trek Online twice (the first without using Steam, and the second time through Steam). In both instances I get these weird messages that pop up every few seconds stating: "An error has occured in the script on this page, Line: (number changes) Character: (number changes). Do you want to continue to run the script." I continue to press yes so that I can log in and just play the game, but then it goes to "Do you have a cryptic account?" I have no idea what this means, but I click No, nothing happens. I click yes, nothing happens. The buttons don't work. I read somewhere that someone had to use internet explorer -for some god awful reason. So, I opened my internet explorer (version 9) and it says the same thing. I have Chrome open as well so is that the problem as well? :/ I'd hate to delete the game again, because I know for a fact, I won't download it a third time. If anyone can give me tips or help me out, I'd be so grateful. I was going to make a thread, but I'm too new of a user to create threads.

This isnt really a thread for that but try searching the support knowledge base and google. If that doesnt work try running the game in administrator mode, if that doesnt work try installing it in admin mode (uninstall and use the same installer you already downloaded if you have it.)
    edited June 2013
    gorlock6 wrote: »
    I'm having the exact same problem. I have already been playing Neverwinter with my PWE account. When I heard about the Romulan addition I decided to come back and give it a whirl. Unfortunately I logged in with my PWE credentials and played a little of the romulan side of things. I'm impressed at the changes to the game overall and wanted to get a founder's pack and play with my old characters also. When I attempted to link my old Cryptic account to my PWE I got the "already have a cryptic linked account" error.

Sent in a ticket. I did manage to get a response after a few days, but it doesn't look very impressive.

At least you got a response, well over a month for me. Not a damn word. I'd love to play their game, and have access to the $500 I spent on it, but no.

I'm recommending to everyone that they just give up, move on to a better company. If you have any more problems, there is a good chance you will end up in the same boat as me. Locked out with no hope of recovery.
  • ronclironcli Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got the same two issues as well, one being that I can't link my STO account to my PW account (I created my PW account when I signed up for Neverwinter, not knowing that STO was also PW), and responding to my ticket is taking weeks.
    edited June 2013
    Not only that, if they ever do get back to you, you'll have to choose to get rid of either the neverwinter account or the cryptic account. You won't be able to keep both. As a previous poster on this thread mentioned.
  • gorlock691gorlock691 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I would recommend you create a 2nd PWE account and link your Cryptic/STO account to that one like I did. It's a pain in the rear, but at least you will have access to your old STO Chars...
    edited June 2013
    gorlock691 wrote: »
    Yeah. I would recommend you create a 2nd PWE account and link your Cryptic/STO account to that one like I did. It's a pain in the rear, but at least you will have access to your old STO Chars...

Its too bad not all of us have that options. Some (most?) of us are just out of luck indefinitely.
    edited June 2013
    So any news? I havent heard anything in a week now. I think this is the 3rd week this hasnt been resolved for me.

EDIT: 2nd week since the ticket was opened. I emailed support 3 weeks ago though and still havent heard anything from that email either.
  • shadowexxshadowexx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shadowexx wrote: »
    I gave up trying to recover my account 9 months ago after only ever receiving the auto response to tickets. I however tried again a month ago as LOR looked like fun to try. 20 days for first response with generic links to fix problems. I followed the instructions for further information to be given and am currently at 2 weeks wait. Is this happening for everyone? I wanted to buy the LOR pack while it was cheap, 2 days until it goes up.

At 32 days now and 2 tickets, reply was generic auto reply for both ( exactly the same )and they mark it as solved. I don't have my stuff back or even a reply saying no its gone. Great way to treat People that had to pay for subs before there was free to play.
This discussion has been closed.