Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Outage - 5/28

Comments

• Options
    fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    hunter966 wrote: »
    2 Give me an option to turn of the stupid notifications about whoever won something from there.

?

You can just turn off system notification in your chat tab.;)
  • Options
    valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Branflakes via Twitter:

"We're working to bring #STO back up, and will take care of tomorrow's scheduled downtime during this downtime. Updates as available. Thanks!"
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • Options
    helconhawkhelconhawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hot off tweeter

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 17s

We're working to bring #STO back up, and will take care of tomorrow's scheduled downtime during this downtime. Updates as available. Thanks!
  • Options
    spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 3 years of playing. This is like my 3rd or 4th server crash I've encountered. I don't play all the time and I'm in Asia so it could be the time difference.

It's not so bad.

WOW! You must really not play very much. I've lost count on how many server crashes have happened in the last 2 weeks. :eek:
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Subscribers and LTS's aren't getting value for their money.

Server up-time since the expansion has been horrible. 0 bugfixes is just icing on the cake.

Absolutely no communication what so ever other than "server stability fixes" that do not mean as much as it should.

Accessing STO is not a privilege when you pay for it. It better be quality, which it no longer is.

At this point, a thousand zen compensation wouldn't even be enough.

What I really want:

Can we expect a long explanation on what's wrong, on the known bugs, fixes that are coming, an apology for the total lack of communication, an apology for the lack of quality service and an explanation on what you're going to do about it?

Thank you
    -A disgruntled customer about to take his money elsewhere.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bergins wrote: »
    :confused:

Uhh...

On another note, I tweeted Branflakes. ;)

And he said "we're working on fixing the issue as quickly as we can, and hope to have the servers up shortly"

Which is BS. He's been saying that FOR YEARS!!! I'm tired of listening to his lies.

What they are really doing is just resetting it so people can log back on, and it will crash tomorrow.

Eventually, Cryptic is going to get it's wish, and people like me won't get fed up and stop playing for 6 months, we'll stop playing FOR GOOD.
  • Options
    firefox1afirefox1a Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone needs to fix that damned mail bug
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    up to 575 seconds to transfer a map.....i really think the game was running better the day after LoR launched...seems to be just getting worse all week...wth?
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since Neverwinter Open Beta, the server just hasn't seemed to be able to stay up, and this was before the LoR even hit Holodeck.

If that's the case, I would be pretty upset about that, have separate games on separate servers please.

I think they are on separate servers, there's just one door to get onto those servers. Kind of like three really big shops in a mall, but only one door to get in, the traffic and congestion is too much.

Though, while it's nice I can talk to friends in Champions and Neverwinter, it's not that big a deal that I do. When I'm in STO, I'm playing STO. I don't need to be in the middle of an STF and suddenly someone on my friends list hails me for a Nemcon.
    3560177.jpg
  • Options
    christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto - beamed up from the New Romulus Command Center - got a Server Not Responding for over 300 seconds (I then killed the 'gameclient.exe' process); tried to log back in - got stuck at "Retriving Character List" -- got a Login Server Timed Out -- attempted top Log in again from that screen -- got the infamous (and supposedly fixed...NOT!):

"Login Failed For Unknown Reason"

Now, I get that this is a new update, and issues will persist. But it's interesting how a problem they claimed was fixed keeps returning time and again. Methinks the programmers need better QA testing procedures as, if you claim an issue is fixed, it shouldn't re-appear two days later.

Exact same thing here.

Well, I'm off to play one of my numerous Gundam games, I guess.

STO needs Gundams anyway.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have got to be kidding.....

as if we would have more than half a clue what they're actually doing to their server even if they told us.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    voodookingsgvoodookingsg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, so dramatic.

I guess the game has been down 24/7 for the past 3 years which would then warrant a post like this and.....oh wait
  • Options
    s2iceos2iceo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifetime subscription, I either play or don't play. Makes no difference to me
  • Options
    rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe those guys @ MIT are not as smart as we've been led to believe ;)

One thing I will say, Branflakes is good at his job. I can't imagine having to deal with all the TRIBBLE thrown his way, esp when all of this is out of his hands being the PR guy.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Tama

Me thinks they are teaching the servers to speak Tamarian!

Shaka when the servers crashed!

Servers as they drown in the ocean!

Beasts at the forums as they post!

The instability may continue until we all speak Tamarian causing a new Tamarian faction!
  • Options
    gibbsptgibbspt Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah again ty for disregarding the f2p players, you know there are a lot of f2p that have putted more money in this game than a subscriver or a lifetimer in the last 3 years... some of them put in one month what youve payed for 3 years... so if there will appear any compensations it has to be to everyone...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Federation :: Fleetless :: Klingon
    Jorge Silva - Tac | Nayja - Sci | Jorge E. Silva - Eng
    Jorge R. Silva - Tac (Romulan Fed)
    Nayja K Silva - Sci | Vurg'jah - Tac
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If games make you this emotional, maybe it's time to find another hobby.

Seriously, it's just a game.
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why don't we just have a time travel thing go on here... Just revert the servers to back before LoR went online, when there weren't any issues... Then we'll put ourselves in a temporal causality loop and we'll be happy forver! :)
  • Options
    ypekypek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    k so im confused why the **** is sto down when neverwinter is still up get your **** together PW getting really tired of this TRIBBLE:eek:
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have got to be kidding.....

as if we would have more than half a clue what they're actually doing to their server even if they told us.....

Id understand, considering MMO development is my actual IRL job.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    paladinfury1978paladinfury1978 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zztoppers wrote: »
    http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Children_of_Tama

Me thinks they are teaching the servers to speak Tamarian!

Shaka when the servers crashed!

Servers as they drown in the ocean!

Beasts at the forums as they post!

Ha !!! :D

They should rename this thread "Rant Trek Offline"
  • Options
    zmacgzmacg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the upside, I think Branflakes said they are taking care of tomorrows maintenance during this outage.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Subscribers and LTS's aren't getting value for their money.

Server up-time since the expansion has been horrible. 0 bugfixes is just icing on the cake.

Absolutely no communication what so ever other than "server stability fixes" that do not mean as much as it should.

Accessing STO is not a privilege when you pay for it. It better be quality, which it no longer is.

At this point, a thousand zen compensation wouldn't even be enough.

What I really want:

Can we expect a long explanation on what's wrong, on the known bugs, fixes that are coming, an apology for the total lack of communication, an apology for the lack of quality service and an explanation on what you're going to do about it?

Thank you
    -A disgruntled customer about to take his money elsewhere.

Since the expansion? This TRIBBLE started well before the expansion... Tell the whole story please...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    lifedrainer110lifedrainer110 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have cancelled my subscription and will not longer be putting money into this game.

until i see fixes i will be putting my money elsewhere.
  • Options
    hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corjet wrote: »
    Why don't we just have a time travel thing go on here... Just revert the servers to back before LoR went online, when there weren't any issues... Then we'll put ourselves in a temporal causality loop and we'll be happy forver! :)

But... there were issues before LoR went live.
    3560177.jpg
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a life time member of STO, I say this with the utmost respect....

...no.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Things I wanted to do tonight on STO:
    1. Test drive my new Armitage Cruiser/Carrier
    2. Run some "Featured Episode" Reruns
    3. DOFF assignments, Epoch chasing
    4. Look into starting a Reman toon

Things I can do tonight on STO:
    1. Experience Connection Timeouts
    2. Disconnect for Unknown Reasons
    3. Goto 1, Repeat.
    :mad:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    psiredeyexxiipsiredeyexxii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zmacg wrote: »
    On the upside, I think Branflakes said they are taking care of tomorrows maintenance during this outage.

That would be optimal, I just started playing again after a long while, and I'd like to streamline the experience.
  • Options
    chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zmacg wrote: »

Except that none of us play at 9AM PST...
This discussion has been closed.