test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Outage - 5/28

Comments

• chrisc85chrisc85 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just finished infected ground, was about to claim rewards and it went down. Typical.

I was just finishing mopping up the 20 player starbase defense, literally on the last two ships.

I love how they engineer this to have times of high usage. Here's a F&*^%# thought, stop DOING THE DAILY EVENTS, MAKE IT ALL THE SAME SO YOU DON'T HAVE HIGH SERVER LOADS.

They've engineered it so that everyone does the same thing at the same time, chasing the rewards. Even a half dead infant knows that's about the dumbest plan since Japan came up with the idea of bombing pearl harbor
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should bump up the maintenance to right now... since we can't get in.

last time they did that they still had to do another maintenance at the scheduled time
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And Crytpic/PWE wonders why their Better Business rating is a big fat "F"
  • morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the server crashed :(
  • lurker49alurker49a Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep timing out when trying to connect to the login server... Been trying to get in for the past 30 minutes. No Dice.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well to be honest, at this point I think the devs don't even care. LoR brought them a healthy profit already
  • zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience! Maybe with this much of an update. WIth so many changes to STO. Myabe it is taking them a while to fix these issues. I would rother see them fixed right the first time.Then see more bugs or worse server instability becuase they rushed it!
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE/Cryptic appreciate our patronage but are getting tired of all the complaints about the poor design/service; therefore,to fix the problem, they will be installing a patch that will cause the forums to be inaccessible next.
  • dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Wreck: Offline
    "working as intended: = we don't know how to fix it.

I survived the great outage of 5/28 and all I got was some yellow lettered gibberish from branflakes.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got stuck in a map transition adn had to shut the game down manually. Cryptic's Chinese overlords really need to step up with some funding for equipment upgrades. God knows they've gotten enough of my money to do it.
  • hunter966hunter966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should rename this game to Star Trek Offline, because "Online" is just misleading.

To Cryptic and [Im]Perfect World:

Here's a hint: If there is a server overload, you should freeze all free to play accounts until such time that you actually have the game functioning properly.

There are many subscription paying customers and a lot of life time members. I pay a monthly sub, and I am tired of getting kicked because your servers are overloaded.

Another thing, I don't want your stupid loxboxes. Give me an option to 1) opt out of lockboxes, and )2 Give me an option to turn of the stupid notifications about whoever won something from there.

I'm here to play, not for marketing gimmicks. You can take the lockboxes and the master keys and stick them where the sun don't shine if you catch my drifto.

I am getting sick of your incompetence, but what can you expect from a company that is headquartered in Redwood City?
  • voodookingsgvoodookingsg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 3 years of playing. This is like my 3rd or 4th server crash I've encountered. I don't play all the time and I'm in Asia so it could be the time difference.

It's not so bad.
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    Yep same for me. There is really nothing to say anymore except that Cryptic and all of their people are a complete joke. Their broken game has been going on and off for over a week now even before the expansion was released. Maybe I have really bad luck but every time I go to play the servers are down or some TRIBBLE. They do "EMERGENCY" maintenance like everyday, and then some days like today its down THREE different times in a day!!

Maybe this would be ok if they were actually fixing things. But because a group of monkeys could do this just as good as they can, we are left with numerous game breaking bugs a week after the expansion went live. Can't turn in RA's, Ce is bugged, CAN"T DELETE MAIL... And its been that way for a week now...LOL that is just crazy. And they are only the bugs I care about, look in the bug reports forums and you'll see tons more.

On top of all of it, they can't even manage to keep their server up and running. And I read in other threads comparing them to EA and sim city is laughable? Yea whoever said that statement is whats laughable because that's exactly what this is like.

I'm just venting tho. Cryptic will continue to do this, because this is what they do. As long as you guys keep buying your shinny ships, that's all that matters to them.

Heh. Yeah, that ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So as a European;

It's evening; emergency maintenance.
    I'll just go to bed, need to get up early anyway.

Early in the morning.
    Server down again(stil??) I don't have much time as I have a LIFE.

Are European players no longer allowed to play STO?

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • angryjonny55angryjonny55 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was stuck with a Server Not Responding for 600+ seconds until it kicked me to the login screen. Tried going to the website and all I get is this -

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.4c4b0317.1369800024.257421a

Had to Google STO Forums just to get here & it too a very long time to load it. No info on Twitter or Facebook. Looks like something really bad happened.
  • armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I get the bumpy issues with expansions, I've been around for all of them. This is sad. It has been a week since LoR came out and still we are having constant maintenance and unexpected failures. I can excuse this for a few days after launch seeing as it is the largest expansion since launch, but the fact that this was happening almost a week and a half before launch makes this inexcusable. Get your act together.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chrisc85 wrote: »
    ...that's about the dumbest plan since Japan came up with the idea of bombing pearl harbor
    :confused:

Uhh...

On another note, I tweeted Branflakes. ;)
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    natewest1 wrote: »
    exactly, hopefully they can get something fixed this time around...anything really, just any minor bug fixes or some actual server stability would be great, fantastic even.

I can definitely emphasize with this, and I am not beating down the OP there. I am just venting because it's frustrating as hell to keep ending up with downtime out of game lately. Some folks in this forum have seen me defend Cryptic MANY times over against angry players, but it is hard to defend a server that is down a lot as of late. So I apologize if I came off wrong in response to this. I want the email issues fixed, also, and those white Valdore wings . . . . but at the top of MY particular list (aside from server stability) is that bloody POPPING issue! ~cringes~

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=695261

But above all else . . . I just really want to log in right now and play a bit before hitting the sack before work tomorrow.
  • hawksscreamhawksscream Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 3 years of playing. This is like my 3rd or 4th server crash I've encountered. I don't play all the time and I'm in Asia so it could be the time difference.

It's not so bad.

It's been about the fourth time in the last two weeks for me (and I'm sure a lot of others).

I agree with @hunter966, the subs and lifers should get first in line to access the servers. I've been contemplating a life time sub, amazing how whenever I start thinking about that these downtimes happen.
    3560177.jpg
  • klingonkiller5klingonkiller5 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i Thought It Was Just Me When I Kept Getting "retrieving Character List" And Then It Crashed.

Cryptic Really Needs To Pick Their Act Up, Yes Some Crashes Do Happen, Servers Do Need To Go Down For Maintenance, But Sto Is So Bugged Ridden Even More Now After Lor And Their Stealth Nerfs And It's Getting Old Fast.

Dang It Just Put Up A Chain Link Fence Around The Servers So The Enginerrs & Interns Will Stop Bringing Coffe In And Spilling It On The Servers While Tripping Over The Power Cord Lololololololol
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the title says, it's down, again. I'm fed up, and so is almost everyone else.

We're not getting our money's worth anymore. Time to man up and buy a proper server or you'll bleed out customers and cash.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    So as a European;

It's evening; emergency maintenance.
    I'll just go to bed, need to get up early anyway.

Early in the morning.
    Server down again(stil??) I don't have much time as I have a LIFE.

Are European players no longer allowed to play STO?

No one is allowed to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'd think with the almost daily maintenence and emergency restarts things would actually get better and now massively worse.
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You'd think with the almost daily maintenence and emergency restarts things would actually get better and not massively worse.
  • historicalmanhistoricalman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like another "Emergency" repair. I think we are averaging 1-2 a day since LofR launched.
  • rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever since Neverwinter Open Beta, the server just hasn't seemed to be able to stay up, and this was before the LoR even hit Holodeck.

If that's the case, I would be pretty upset about that, have separate games on separate servers please.
  • fransiscosfransiscos Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    hunter966 wrote: »
    2 Give me an option to turn of the stupid notifications about whoever won something from there.

?

You can just turn off system notification in your chat tab.;)
  • valetheonvaletheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Branflakes via Twitter:

"We're working to bring #STO back up, and will take care of tomorrow's scheduled downtime during this downtime. Updates as available. Thanks!"
    "Sometimes we're freakin idiots, and that's fun" -Fleetmate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One of many reminders that i'm not a REAL Romulan. >_<
  • helconhawkhelconhawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hot off tweeter

Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 17s

We're working to bring #STO back up, and will take care of tomorrow's scheduled downtime during this downtime. Updates as available. Thanks!
  • spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's not so bad.

WOW! You must really not play very much. I've lost count on how many server crashes have happened in the last 2 weeks. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.