test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Outage - 5/28

Comments

• dracos84dracos84 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing as the rest of you. Just wish they would actually fix it for a change.
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With each supposed stability maintenance they do this TRIBBLE gets worse and worse.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Didn;t this happen last night right about this time? If I recall. the account server went down for 30 minutes or so. However I have forgotten the link to check server statuses, as I just followed a link provided in last night's thread when this happened.
  • startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, server is showing Red :).
  • rammaniac#8662 rammaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shes down, might as well do the maintenance now and fix the game...
    [=/\= ================= =/\=]
    Asset Steven Kenter
    Section 31 - Beta Squad
    Current Mission: [Classified]
    Current Location: [Classified]
  • vito1stfleetvito1stfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea It happened for me as wel. Someone had gotten the "orginal Thinker" achievement and the next thing I know I'm dc'd
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ARGH! Was just about to wack some Elachi and got DC'd. 8:45 PDT!! :mad:
    And of course can't get back in. Guess I'll go watch Deadliest Catch...
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • twoofnine1twoofnine1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SNR 237s then failed to login ofr unknow reson? sever down?
    edited May 2013
    just had a thought if all of us rushing to the forums slows down the site this much they must have a terribad bandwith issue :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dang it! I was at level 45 and was really, really hopping to finish off my leveling tonight so I could get my D'deridex Retrofit tonight! :(
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, talk about knowing how to drop a bomb on your expansion. Theres bugs galore and you cant even fix the mail issue let alone the zillion other bugs in game.

You must be kidding me. For a lot of people, server stability is THE issue going on at the moment. I have not encountered a single bug that prevents me from playing, however I have felt the pressure of server stability. If they focus on that, and fix that issue of all issues, I am certain a LOT of players will be very happy. Not being able to delete your mail cannot possibly be as annoying as not being able to log into the game or stay logged in without "Server Not Responding".
  • losoballosobal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a new feature, you need to pay both dilithium and zen to access the non-messed versions. Actually its a console you need to equip, then tada no more server discons. All part of the economy.

oops, and you need to level it up via reputation tiers.
  • hellsheart70hellsheart70 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my GOD there like ******* with uzzis how long did u have to fix these problems before the expansion?good thing its still free to play now I can put my money into something .that doesn't make my eye twitch.look at it like this if u bought a car and u had to hav it fixed 2x aday would it be worth havin or playin.FIRE YOUR DEV TEAM and go get drunk the world will thank u for it
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is really in trouble. They don't seem to grasp the necessity of providing reasonable infrastructure for game services. I can live with bugs, I can live with updates, maintenance and the occasional outage...but throw the endless infrastructure failures on top and it's getting to be too much. And for me it all went to hell after PWE got involved.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sigh...this explains why nothing was posting on the exchange...ironic how the authentication server going down affects the actual game, or in this case games.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ditto - beamed up from the New Romulus Command Center - got a Server Not Responding for over 300 seconds (I then killed the 'gameclient.exe' process); tried to log back in - got stuck at "Retriving Character List" -- got a Login Server Timed Out -- attempted top Log in again from that screen -- got the infamous (and supposedly fixed...NOT!):

"Login Failed For Unknown Reason"

Now, I get that this is a new update, and issues will persist. But it's interesting how a problem they claimed was fixed keeps returning time and again. Methinks the programmers need better QA testing procedures as, if you claim an issue is fixed, it shouldn't re-appear two days later.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is getting old... and in a hurry too... -.-
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes server is down, seems that cryptic are doing another maintenance but either have there times wrong or there servers just decied its fed up of maintenance being aan excuse and shut donw :rolleyes:
  • damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hamsters are dead...again. :mad:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akalayus wrote: »
    Are the forums and STO site in general lagging a bit too for anyone?

Yes it's moving like pond water.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    someone inform Branflakes of the problem via twitter yet? :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! I never saw this many Outages in my life! Come on! Let us play for at least a day!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    finished my rich vein mining went to beam out and nothing.

Not even the animation.

Tried again, nothing.

Change character, nothing.

Hard log out and restart to try to get some work on my ROmulan done (Knowing full well I wouldn't be able to) and constant lock up on retrieving list of characters.
  • mehobmehob Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nanomorph wrote: »
    It's more like they've secretly replaced the server's dilithium crystals with Folgers crystals, only everybody's noticing.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/schillervision-hidden-camera/n10139/
  • muppetdrummermuppetdrummer Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm getting the same message after getting kicked out while trying to beam down to Nukara.
    Boldly going where I have never been before.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got server not responding and when i tried to relog got stuck at char list loading. wtf??!!!
  • trivan1trivan1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got dc'd. When I attempted to log on (again, and again, and again, and etc.) the same error appears, that found in the thread title. I've seen a few threads about this, one of which had a cm stating that this problem was resolved as of about 7 hours ago. Unfortunately, this issue is apparently not resolved.

edit:
    Ah, now I see the servers are down, well then, clearly the issue (or at least issue(s)) are known, so disregard this post
  • cwilliams77cwilliams77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sucks, but at least I know it's not just me.
  • peevil31peevil31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting publicly that the server is down. It's a sign you guys might be finally trying on your big boy pants.
  • bwood0bwood0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A fleet member just invited me to join him on some Fleet Mark missions (STFs?). Hopefully he will believe my story when I tell him I got disconnected and wasn't able to log back on.
This discussion has been closed.