What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Announcement (May 27, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    xcaliber8xcaliber8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I found something unusual. The department heads change officers when ever I go to my bridge or go on a planet. It's only my First officer, Engineering, and Operations department slots but if you can fix this, it would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meh! meh! *shakes his fists* (I just wanted to be a part of it :-) )
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope.. fingers crossed and looking towards the sky... that this will address the constant lag/rubber-banding/disconnect issues I have been experiencing since this romulan update started.

I just want to play without logging on 5 times to complete one mission. Or even getting disconnected when viewing my inventory :mad:

It has been forever since I've got 8k dilith on one toon (I hear west coast don't seem to be effected as much)

If we have a huge increase in players then that should warrant another server
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Monday, May 27, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy the next round of stability updates. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Q&A

What happened to Branflakes?

He's off on a quick away mission, but he'll be back very soon!

Why is another maintenance necessary, and why at this time?

We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players, though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team

Fix two things:
    1. Respec tokens, because I cannot respec my toons.
    2. The queue system. It sometimes boots me out after five seconds of being in it.
  • Options
    arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drysyn wrote: »
    you are right i wasn't there for that i HATE WoW.

however i have played alot of other MMO's Star War Galaxies, SWTOR, Guild wars 1 and 2, Eve online, Uncharted Waters online, Forsaken World, Terra, APB, and alot more smaller ones that deal with problems better than cryptic have

Ah so you played eve then I am sure you remember the Incarna launch where Macs burst into flames and windows boot.ini files were deleted from people's computers which then caused them to have to reformat their hard drives and reinstall windows? With that being said lets not get to angry about a game where thus far all we have had is short downtimes and timely repairs to alot of the MAJOR problems which greatly impacted gameplay. I am sorry the mail bug and PVE queue bug is not as bad as being unable to use points to raise skills or not being able to log in at all. Apperently none of you have EVER played any other MMO I have yet to play one where after a major content release that hasnt been filled with bugs great and small that cause lots of downtimes. Get a grip folks they are working as hard and as fast as they can to fix the problems and sometimes the fix the come up with doesnt work or work the way it was intended too.

TO Cryptic/STO staff love the game thus far keep working on it and ignore the whiners you guys are doing the best with what ya have and most of us appreciate it

Thank you.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Give all STO players a special Maintenance Tribble for all our troubles.:D
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Monday, May 27, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy the next round of stability updates. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Q&A

What happened to Branflakes?

He's off on a quick away mission, but he'll be back very soon!

Why is another maintenance necessary, and why at this time?

We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players, though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team

How about telling us what is going on? You know communication, as peoples' patience is being stretched. Even if most of us won't inderstand the majority of the info a little communication goes a long way to keep people calm.

Does this maintanence mean we are finally going to be able to delete mail? If not when is a fix coming? This is important given the new 100 attachments restriction.

Will we finally be able to hand in the red alert dailies?
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    EDIT: WTF?! Shouldn't my Lifetime subscription be denoted on my profile here?

"ERMAGERHD, SOMEONE AT CRYPTIC MUST IMMEDIATELY CHANGE MY PROFILE FOR ME AS I'M TOO BUSY NERDRAGING TO DO IT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!!"

:rolleyes:

Wow. Just...wow. Welcome to The Thread of Ultimate Entitlement™. :D

Here's a much-needed clue: maybe instead of nerdraging about Cryptic not leaving enough lipstick on your ultra-entitled hiney, you could go to "Edit your avatar" at the top of the page and put up your almighty "Career Officer" tag so we peons know how (self-) important you are. Surely doing that would cause Cryptic to ask "How high?" every time Your Eminence yells "jump." Or maybe you'd still just look like an uppity, entitled whiner.

My money's on the latter. :D
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mailman650 wrote: »
    Give all STO players a special Maintenance Tribble for all our troubles.:D

that we can pet and one problem would go away... I would be petting it every day :D
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players.

- No really? just landing a maint right at game time europe, thats smart... and then not even compensating for it.

though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

every day there has been a 2 hour or more maintanence
    every day you say the same bull**** reason, server stability etc.
    When do you think its gonna be obvious that the servers are just not stable at all and that
    you are playing whack-a-mole trying to fix the issues.

I am a gold paying member, in europe, the losst of 2 hours per day in a week means that there is gone 10 hours of game time. That means that I have paid for game time that is not being compensated back to me in any way shape or form.

If this had been US and you had shut it down then you would definately come up with some kind of compensation for the lack of gametime.

I am serious fed up with the bull that is coming out of cryptics mouth and I do not believe a single word thats said about "server stability" and jackshiiit.

Poney up the missing amount of hours and I might be kinder.

I filed a support ticket with Cryptic cause the 30 keys from my legacy pack had vabished during the mess at start, that ticket suddenly just vanished, it was erased after 5 days.
    So I had to make enother ticket and wait additional days and that to me is utter horse TRIBBLE.

Get it done, shut down the fudging servers for a 24 hour shutdown and fix the ******n problem once and for all, shutting it down 2 hours per day at game prime time is just idiotic and pissing people off.

Being from Europe myself, I can state that this is most certainly not the case, as my younger siblings are currently in school (and will be until the maintenance ends, I suspect), and I believe people won't be coming back from work in my country for another hour or two. :P

Edit: And trust me, a 24 hour shutdown would incur the wrath of the entire playerbase, not just the European bit. It's much better to have small, manageable bits of downtime than one massive surge that you CANNOT work around.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are Maint Patches everyday, because of the large Expansion. It happens every 6 months when they do the Season Releases. So please take a chill pill.

Everybody please come up ouot of the basement and take a shower (you haven't had one since May 21st) ; make sure it is a long shower. Then open the front door and see that there is a world outside of the internet. Maybe you can even talk to a real person....in person....face to face....

100s of you are complaining about bugs daily. They are trying to address them...daily.
    Why are you complaining?
    These guys /girls have been at full throttle since before the release and haven't had a chance to enjoy their holiday weekend. So let's cut them some slack and thank them for their hard work.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, maintenance is good and all, but some bug fixes would be welcome as well.
  • Options
    vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Too Funny...everytime there is a downtime announcement it is always followed by a swarm of rude, nerd rage, over entilted, self important gibberish posts from neck-bearded, besement dwelling 30 something virgins who in the real world would be to afraid to ever speak to someone the way they speak to the Dev's at Cryptic when they are behind a keyboard. I just hope they know when thay make rude, threating, and insulting posts all it does is make themselves look like an idiot.

Do you read your own posts?
  • Options
    tharrisxtharrisx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic:

Once again, on a holiday weekend when the players actually want to play, during the only time I have to play, the whole morning in Eastern timezone, the game is down again. I have tried to be patient, but I have paid quite a bit of money into this game, and each time I attempt to play the game, I get kicked out for maintenance, or time outs, SNR, "Couldn't load map names", etc. The new content is great, BTW, when I am able to see any of it.

Considering how many days of useful game play have been lost, I think it's only fair at this point to consider how to compensate all those lifetime subscribers who have paid for this service and are not receiving the service for these long periods of time. You must be low on funds, or you'd have already bought more database servers so the shard wouldn't get all verklempt, so refunds are obviously out of the question. Perhaps you could find a way, in-game, to provide all of us lifers something equivalent for all this lost time?

The current situation is simply bad business, and, for me anyway, edging close to the point of wanting a full refund and leaving the game. Please try to hold up your end of the lifetime subscription agreement.

Very tired of this,
    tharrisx (Member of the High Council of the fleets Starfleet/Klingon Elite Task Force)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not here to whine, plenty of that going on, I just brought some sharp cheddar cheese to go along with it.

It's been explained (over and over) that maintenance is the first thing that's done when Cryptic's workday starts (which is about when they announce the maintenance). That means (for me) it starts at 9am and goes to 11am (if there aren't any extensions).

Of course, I don't do much during the day since I babysit my grandkids so their parents can work. If the shard is going down, then I boot up Oblivion (Yes, I know, but I love it) or DAO. STO isn't the only game on the whole planet.

Whining and complaining every time the shard goes down doesn't make it go any faster, and it wouldn't make me feel better to whine because I can't play for two hours.

Personally, most of the whining sounds like toddlers complaining because they were put into a time-out. But it's been most entertaining to read thirteen pages of it.

Call me a brown-noser for sticking up for Cryptic, or a noob because it's my first (very first) MMO if it'll make you feel better. But I have a friend who's a very good MMO player (she played FFXI for a long time) and she said they used to take the servers down for around 8 hours every couple of days after a big content addition and that, yes, it takes a couple of weeks to iron out bugs.

I haven't had much trouble when playing (except for a bug where my evasive maneuvers goes wacky), and being kicked from Starbase 24 PvE sometimes, but I've been able to get into others and then back into Starbase 24.

As for the mail, I haven't received any, being a noob and all, but I would like to ask Cryptic to fix that bug since so many others are complaining about it. I would like to not be told that I'm not part of my team anymore and getting booted from Starbase 24, but it isn't a game breaker for me. Maybe just fix the bug in evasive maneuvers.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel you drake. Just because they aren't fixing the one we think is important doesn't mean they aren't fixing something.

Personally, I am afraid to put things on Exchange until Mail is fixed. What happens if I'm at my LIMIT and something gets returned?

Plus we all have new Rommies and they are replaying FE rewards. We need rank to run them and Mirror queue is FUBAR.....
  • Options
    druinwalfdruinwalf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    US Players are in same boat you are Pal- I don't knwo what you are talking about. Stop hating.It has nothing to do with what nationality you are. Your complaints are legitimate, but they are the same ones US players have.
  • Options
    darkzenithukdarkzenithuk Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be helpful for Europeans if they could do the maintenance a little bit earlier, even by an hour or so would be appreciated.
    Mortem a mundo, ortum republica, imperii ruina.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    on another note, while we are stuck in this mirror universe, i just now had to slap a ferengi wanting umox from me at the bar on Terok Nor ... :S lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FIX THE BORG MISSION TURN IN ISSUE

or get a damn gm to respond to my week old ticket already, god damn
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    paulyman wrote: »
    Three times or more in the past week servers were down for between an hour and two hours each time at 8pm EST. No there was no compensation given. Why? its a free to play game! So lets work this out 2 hours of down time in a game that cost nothing per month to play means that cryptic owes you nothing. Thank you for playing. Now go be an emo-euro somewhere else. You people want them to fix things but complain when they do..

you sir are a muppet it is not free to play players are paying to keep the minority carried free no game is really free to play they infact cost and generate more cash then subscription games think before you talk,because your comment made you look a ****.
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nerd rant: Rant rant: Gibber gibber: Shaka when the walls fell: Moan moan: Rage quit rage quit: Sue you mentality: STO is dead Jim: Blah blah: meh:

1) Will this maintenance repair the mailing system
    2) When can i turn in missions completed for sector Borg alerts

And repeat: Nerd rant: Rant rant: Gibber gibber: Shaka when the walls fell: Moan moan: Rage quit rage quit: Sue you mentality: STO is dead Jim: Blah blah: meh.

By the way good expansion Cryptic, keep up the good work.
    P.S. PWE go f&^% urselves, fork out on a new server.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the PVE Queue...that's all I ask...

?

What is wrong with it? / what part is broken?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    redpsirenredpsiren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would just like to say that while the repeated maintenance server downtimes are annoying, the whole Legacy of Romulus expansion has been and is an amazing piece of work and all you game developers should be very proud of it. The missions, storylines, characters, new planets, ships and costumes are nothing less than awesome.

Now if you can just fix that bug which has my crewman's pants in place of my ship (the clones!) on the character login screen, everything will be golden. :D
  • Options
    fraethirfraethir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this had been US and you had shut it down then you would definately come up with some kind of compensation for the lack of gametime.

Not sure why you think it ISN'T being shut down in the US. I can assure you, the constant maintenance is happening to everyone, and none of us are getting anything for it.
  • Options
    pedrobobpedrobob Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players :
    -Get it done, shut down the fudging servers for a 24 hour shutdown and fix the ******n problem once and for all, shutting it down 2 hours per day at game prime time is just idiotic and pissing people off.

Cryptic :
    -Come on, stop complaining...its just a new daily released with LoR...called maintenance....duration: 2h, cooldown 22h. 100% Critical failure, so come back tomorrow & try again

:mad:
    NO to ARC
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is 2pm - 4pm British time, right?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    echatty wrote: »
    But I have a friend who's a very good MMO player (she played FFXI for a long time) and she said they used to take the servers down for around 8 hours every couple of days after a big content addition and that, yes, it takes a couple of weeks to iron out bugs.

Man that takes me back. Your friend is right, they would often have the servers down for 8+ hours. Also since SE is Japanese the maintenance would be smack in the middle of NA prime time. At the time I was in high school so some days I would come home wanting to play but nope! Servers down 8-10 hours, come back later.

They also didn't fix a lot of bugs. Some bugs were in the game for years and years, but never fixed them because "it didn't affect enough players to warrant further investigation."

That's just how it was back then lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    This is 2pm - 4pm British time, right?

3pm-5pm. Remember, we're in Daylight Saving right now, so all UTC and GMT times are an hour behind us.
  • Options
    xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First I want to say THANK YOU for creating such an amazing gameworld and gameplay experience in the first place. STO has consistently IMPROVED every day, every week and every month since launch(though I wish that the Foundry was the lowest priority - as myself and many others will ALWAYS want to experience REAL content over amateur content any day)

Also, after seeing what Cryptic has done with Neverwinter, and all the improvements made to STO to consider the LOR update a TRUE STO 2.0 - I am thoroughly IMPRESSED, as are most players. I hope that the overhaul of STO continues and we see the effort and epicness put forth into STO and NVW added to Champions Online and make CO on par with the otehr two titles, so all three will be as if they are brand new games of 2013(which 2/3 seem to be as the yare THAT AMAZING and THAT FUN!)

So, now to my point of this post.

PLEASE, understand that a LARGE PERCENTAGE of players in STO are living on the EAST COAST. Which means when you run maintenances between 8am and 12pm EST it is DESTROYING a large portion of our playtime. Please dont think every1 liveson the west coast and that your maintetnance times work - THEY DO NOT.

Your BEST BET for MAINTENANCE TIMES is 2am - 6am PST (5am -9am EST) that way the west coast, east cpast and all in-bewteen dont get screwed and anyone up that late or that early will be at a MINIMUM - cmpared to your maintenance schedule now.

PLEASE CONSIDER THIS UPDATED MAINTENANCE TIMEFRAME.

Also, please try to make fixes to the server MADE MORE FIXES AND CHANGES. The live server should have quick restarts, updates and patches - all fixes, and "maintenance" should be affecting the non-live server and then when things are hiow they should be, we have an update to the live server and it doesnt take long, nor take away from our play time.

Again, thank you for all your effort on two of the three Crytpic-created mmos and we all hope that the effort continues into an overhaul of CHampions Online - finally making CO a full-on MMORPG which we have ALL been praying and waiting for since day one.

Thanks again and PELASE consider my ideas and opinions. Regardless, I will remain a loyal fan no matter what bothers me or pisses me off, Cryptic's PROS outweigh its CONS every day of teh week.

Good luck and GODbless! Salute!

-X
This discussion has been closed.