test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance Announcement (May 27, 2013 - 7AM PDT) [Complete!]

dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Monday, May 27, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy the next round of stability updates. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Q&A

What happened to Branflakes?

He's off on a quick away mission, but he'll be back very soon!

Why is another maintenance necessary, and why at this time?

We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players, though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    sethf2pmorpheussethf2pmorpheus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then can I get into Mirror?
  • Options
    sethmorpeussethmorpeus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the PVE Queue...that's all I ask...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    47th Defense Division:Special Ops
    Fleet Director
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Mail. Fix the Mail. Please move heaven and earth to fix the mail.
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players.

- No really? just landing a maint right at game time europe, thats smart... and then not even compensating for it.

though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

every day there has been a 2 hour or more maintanence
    every day you say the same bull**** reason, server stability etc.
    When do you think its gonna be obvious that the servers are just not stable at all and that
    you are playing whack-a-mole trying to fix the issues.

I am a gold paying member, in europe, the losst of 2 hours per day in a week means that there is gone 10 hours of game time. That means that I have paid for game time that is not being compensated back to me in any way shape or form.

If this had been US and you had shut it down then you would definately come up with some kind of compensation for the lack of gametime.

I am serious fed up with the bull that is coming out of cryptics mouth and I do not believe a single word thats said about "server stability" and jackshiiit.

Poney up the missing amount of hours and I might be kinder.

I filed a support ticket with Cryptic cause the 30 keys from my legacy pack had vabished during the mess at start, that ticket suddenly just vanished, it was erased after 5 days.
    So I had to make enother ticket and wait additional days and that to me is utter horse TRIBBLE.

Get it done, shut down the fudging servers for a 24 hour shutdown and fix the ******n problem once and for all, shutting it down 2 hours per day at game prime time is just idiotic and pissing people off.
  • Options
    sierrabravofoursierrabravofour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point, you should probably call for reinforcements.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you want to stop people from raging, then fix the two biggest bugs: Mail and PVE
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about doing what has to get done/resolved one time, instead of multiple times. I mean really, I love seeing things get fixed but the amount of times you guys have to bring things down should of been resolved by now. I mean first time if you have to take it down for 5 hrs or 7 to get it done, do it, but get it fixed. You guys are dropping the ball on this expansion hugely, and were not even talken about gameplay bugs that have yet to be fixed...

Just some quality feedback here, not a rant.

Lets get this stuff fixed up soon pls..
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Greetings Captains,

We will be performing a maintenance on Monday, May 27, at 7:00 a.m. PDT to deploy the next round of stability updates. We anticipate that this maintenance will take approximately two hours.

Q&A

What happened to Branflakes?

He's off on a quick away mission, but he'll be back very soon!

Why is another maintenance necessary, and why at this time?

We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players, though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Dezstravus and the Star Trek Online Team
    Yeah, we have heard this one before.
  • Options
    skolldrachen#2061 skolldrachen Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone said you have head this one before......like really?

if your going to insult everyone at-least spell it right. without making yourself seem like some kind of pervert who's just talking to be talking
    They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."
    Kiba - Wolf's Rain
  • Options
    idonotlikethisidonotlikethis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We do understand that this time is unfortunately inconvenient for some of our players.

- No really? just landing a maint right at game time europe, thats smart... and then not even compensating for it.

though in this particular situation we have server-side maintenance tasks that need to be performed ASAP in order to ensure a smooth play experience for everyone. We will do our best to complete this maintenance as quickly as we can in hopes of keeping the downtime to a minimum.

When do you think its gonna be obvious that the servers are just not stable at all and that

I am a gold paying member, in europe, the losst of 2 hours per day in a week means that there is gone 10 hours of game time. That means that I have paid for game time that is not being compensated back to me in any way shape or form.

If this had been US and you had shut it down then you would definately come up with some kind of compensation for the lack of gametime.

I am serious fed up with the bull that is coming out of cryptics mouth and I do not believe a single word thats said about "server stability" and jackshiiit.

I filed a support ticket with Cryptic cause the 30 keys from my legacy pack had vabished during the mess at start, that ticket suddenly just vanished, it was erased after 5 days.
    So I had to make enother ticket and wait additional days and that to me is utter horse TRIBBLE.

Get it done, shut down the fudging servers for a 24 hour shutdown and fix the ******n problem once and for all, shutting it down 2 hours per day at game prime time is just idiotic and pissing people off.

alright, while i am the first person to jump on cryptic for its embarrassingly huge failings, I will say this, finding the problems in a system like a massive server (IE what we play STO on) is not, to quote Han Solo, like dusting crops. Every change you make can effect everything else and so, each maintenance is another attemp to hammer out a wrinkle in the system. If you have ever put a decal on a car then you can understand the process a bit cause its similar to getting all the air bubbles out.

Now, point two. the STO staff is likely made up of no more than 300 people and no less than 50 including GM staff and tech support and the people who sift through the reams and reams of Petitions trying to sort them and get them assessed. there are, in all likelyhood between 100 and 1000 times as many players as there are staff. so these things take time to get taken care of and patience is the key to getting things done.

Finally Cryptic entertainment is based out of California, and they have a world wide playerbase, maintenance, regaurdless of it being stupid stuff or just normal maintenance has to be done sometime on a regular basis, and that time is chosen based on when the least number of players will be affected compare to when the most number of relevant staff are available to make the whole thing get done as fast as possible.

So, while I am completely ok with ******** about cryptic and hoow they BS the hell out of people sometimes I CANNOT believe that somebody would ***** about stuff that, well makes sense to anybody with a basic understanding of how technology works. and I thank Cryptic for working diligently to try and make the whole thing work smoothly at all.
  • Options
    hammer51sthammer51st Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come on, stop complaining...its just a new daily released with LoR...called maintenance....duration: 2h, cooldown 22h. 100% Critical failure, so come back tomorrow & try again :D
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hammer51st wrote: »
    Come on, stop complaining...its just a new daily released with LoR...called maintenance....duration: 2h, cooldown 22h. 100% Critical failure, so come back tomorrow & try again :D

LOL

Okay, I'm not one to complain about all the downtime and maintenance, but that right there is a good one. You win good sir!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Three times or more in the past week servers were down for between an hour and two hours each time at 8pm EST. No there was no compensation given. Why? its a free to play game! So lets work this out 2 hours of down time in a game that cost nothing per month to play means that cryptic owes you nothing. Thank you for playing. Now go be an emo-euro somewhere else. You people want them to fix things but complain when they do..
  • Options
    edited May 2013

aaahhh..h... lol
  • Options
    puddlestomppuddlestomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would y'all like some cheese with that whine? There is more whine here than in all of France! It seems like most of my fellow players are the kind of jerks that spend 20 minutes berating a waitress because the cook made your eggs a little runny.

Stuff happens. Get over it and yourselves. I love this game and I'm gonna keep playing. If you don't feel free to go play one of the zillions of other games.

Thanks for the new content and for keeping me updated Cryptic.
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

:: clap clap clap :: I am in awe.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the rational people arent complaining of the fact it's going down, but of how often
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    What is with all the Europe QQing? is 3pm in the afternoon considered primetime - everyone gets off work early there I guess.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is with all the Europe QQing? is 3pm in the afternoon considered primetime - everyone gets off work early there I guess.

Nah kids finish school about that time so about 3.30 is the start of primetime over here. But even I have to agree every day is ridiculous and it won't be long before people leave the game again due to the amount of bugs and this ongoing downtime. Especially since I have taken time of work this week to enjoy he new content if it's down all the time whats the point
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I sympathize with you. It would be nice if Cryptic did their maintenance at a different time once or twice, just to switch things up.

But gold accounts are not paying for time in game. You're paying for a bunch of in-game services and queue priority.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Nah kids finish school about that time so about 3.30 is the start of primetime over here. But even I have to agree every day is ridiculous and it won't be long before people leave the game again due to the amount of bugs and this ongoing downtime. Especially since I have taken time of work this week to enjoy he new content if it's down all the time whats the point

What the heck would kids be doing playing a video game after school - there's homework and studying to be done first - and outdoor activities this time of year.
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    I sympathize with you. It would be nice if Cryptic did their maintenance at a different time once or twice, just to switch things up.

But gold accounts are not paying for time in game. You're paying for a bunch of in-game services and queue priority.

No, Gold members are paying for time in game; the services/queue priority are just "incentives" to keep them paying.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the people that defended Cryptic in the thread regarding the maintenance today, are we going to hear you defending them again? I'd love for you to do so although I recommend that you don't. If you do I suspect your reception may be a bit cold. I suppose that won't bother you too much if you're Andorian...
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said it yesterday when i logged on and saw maintenance "there be another tomorrow!" and oh look i was right :rolleyes:

This is the reason refuse to spend any more money here there inability to do anything right and are always conducting maintenance without any real reason other than "its needed" yes we know its needed because of your incompetence and the amount of things you f-up!

Edit:
    If you released more information and actually kept to the things you said then maybe id go easier on you, but before the release of LOR it was "Server maintenance to make sure things run smooth!" well you failed there, there have been 2days and 10hours worth of downtime since the launch and i expect more.
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, Gold members are paying for time in game; the services/queue priority are just "incentives" to keep them paying.

Strange, that's not what the features matrix says. You should notify PWE to tell them that they're not selling what they say they're selling!
  • Options
    denmodenmo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game has been playing great all day today. Even the graphics look great. I like the new Kilingon storylinE This is the best MMO I have ever pplayed so far. Keep up the good job PWE. :cool:
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the people that defended Cryptic in the thread regarding the maintenance today, are we going to hear you defending them again? I'd love for you to do so although I recommend that you don't. If you do I suspect your reception may be a bit cold. I suppose that won't bother you too much if you're Andorian...

Hi.

Now, let me be a bit clear. They just had a major launch, and surprise: beta testing didn't find all of the bugs and server stability issues because Tribble and Holodeck don't have the NEARLY the same amount of players. (For example, during the emergency maintenance, the database was filled. That's some achievement.)

Also, they appear to be resolving some of the errors every time they do a maintenance. It's annoying, yes, but it *is* just 2 hours. (I also suspect they do it at 7AM because it's the start of a workday, and they have everyone on the premises for it. I would imagine that Cryptic simply doesn't have a second team, nor wishes to hire one. I could be wrong though.)

I said it yesterday when i logged on and saw maintenance "there be another tomorrow!" and oh look i was right

This is the reason refuse to spend any more money here there inability to do anything right and are always conducting maintenance without any real reason other than "its needed" yes we know its needed because of your incompetence and the amount of things you f-up!

Uh. No. Repeated patches and maintenance following a major release isn't unheard of. Also, if you think they can find the source of all of these problems in about 8 to 10 hours, feel free to apply. But it's usually not that simple.

(Re: Your ETA: Yeah, but they probably patched something they *saw* coming, not realizing there's many more.)
    Strange, that's not what the features matrix says. You should notify PWE to tell them that they're not selling what they say they're selling!

starsvoids has it: appears to be no SLA for uptime.
  • Options
    catrick76catrick76 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If any of you COMPLAINERS can do a better job then they can then I want to see it and proven. If you cannot Wittle down Heavily on complaining. BUGS happen. Everyone wanted this and wanted it as quickly as possible.

Not Everything we do on Holodeck is done easily on Tribble. Tribble gets wiped once in a while not only that but how many people do Mail in game in Tribble or heavy Exchange Or even Heavy Use of the PVE content. Many things are found in Tribble and Fixed but when the stuff goes live the things NOT seen in Tribble in bugs comes readily appearant.

Its during this time that Cryptic takes the time to go through the petitions and bug reports and sets them to a priority list. The tress factor has played a big role in helping find these bugs and they are being Prioritized. Not EVEN Blizzard with millions of paid Subscriptions gave out flawless Patches and updates. They had to do the same thing cryptic is doing now at times.

So once again unless you can do the job better then them Shut it on the complaints and give proper comms with those that are trying to fix the game to let you enjoy it.

As for those that can't shut it well thin of it this way what if these Pitiful excuses of complaints were thrown in your face day in and day out would it make you like that person either. Think of it that way would you throw half the complaints you are if you were aiming them at yourself if you are at them now?
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh. No. Repeated patches and maintenance following a major release isn't unheard of. Also, if you think they can find the source of all of these problems in about 8 to 10 hours, feel free to apply. But it's usually not that simple.

(Re: Your ETA: Yeah, but they probably patched something they *saw* coming, not realizing there's many more.)

Its been over two days and they have added more issues and instead of doing a proper server maintenance over a few hours on a week day and explaining what they are doing they do crappy 2hours ones EVERY day and especially at weekends when more players will be about including new ones all this does is TRIBBLE off the players.

hardly any game does maintenance unless its REALLY necessary at weekends because they know all this. But hey ou can keep defending a company that couldnt organize a TRIBBLE up ina buwery if you want. I'll just keep holding back on the spending and complaining. Btw its over ?150 cryptic have lost out on i was willing to buy ships and everything have i? Nope and i dont plan to either.

Edit:
    Seeing as the forum is going at a snails pace again im off to find something to do, plus its pointless complaining with the fact cryptic dont care and many people defend there idiotic actions.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If things get fixed each maintenance I can bare with it. :)
    signwidrona.png
This discussion has been closed.