• Options
    screwregisterscrewregister Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble rabble rabble!

Rabble! Rabble rabble!
  • Options
    cyberpapacyberpapa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What kind of system specifications do you have? How much memory; how much hard drive space?
    I have the advantage of several machines in my workshop which is used for team play. One of the lesser machines had issues because of low memory. I'm fairly certain that LoR has higher requirements and could be an issue.
    Of course, you've just tried logging back in, and trying again. I can't tell you how many times, (5-7) I've froze up on a map and on returning, everything worked fine, a fairly rare but existing occurrence. And right now, with people putting more of a load onto the patching servers, I'm sure that's a possibility too. The typical response to the last issue is to, not mention their servers are overburdened, and wait out the clog in traffic and know eventually it will resolve on its own.

Of course there's validating your files; and as a last resort, deleting your "Live folder", and download everything.
    FED Vice Admiral Gervnd USS Singularity
    KDF Commander Inuni IKS Ornovus
    ROM Centurion Aer RRW Scientology :cool:
  • Options
    blacksouleternalblacksouleternal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two days now server not responding , I can only assume this is the loading screen issue mentioned above in the notices. Ticket sent in and waiting on a reply hopefully soon.
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    woppy1 wrote: »
    you wont get an answer about that mate hes far too busy counting his money and laughing all the way to the bank to care about us little people!!!!
    Playing devil's advocate for a second, what's he meant to say? That there's no progress? We already know that, if there WAS progress he'd tell us.

All we can do is wait, and hope for positive updates.
  • Options
    pakledleaderpakledleader Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I did a little experiment and my Romulan character loads fine (but the play is choppy). However, when I try to log into my Starfleet main I get the Server not Responding issue. Are others seeing this as well?

Thanks!
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a joke just like the dev team. Leveled my Rom Sci to 10 and now for over a day, cant even log onto him. The worst thing is, i even bought the founders pack. Even worse than that, Cryptic wont even compensate us guys for their incompetence..
  • Options
    darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still broken.

For a widespread game-breaking bug to persist for this long is shameful.
  • Options
    thetruexenosthetruexenos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble! Rabble rabble!

Rabble Rabble? Rabble Rabble Rabble!
  • Options
    xenophreakxenophreak Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyberpapa wrote: »
    What kind of system specifications do you have? How much memory; how much hard drive space?
    I have the advantage of several machines in my workshop which is used for team play. One of the lesser machines had issues because of low memory. I'm fairly certain that LoR has higher requirements and could be an issue.
    Of course, you've just tried logging back in, and trying again. I can't tell you how many times, (5-7) I've froze up on a map and on returning, everything worked fine, a fairly rare but existing occurrence. And right now, with people putting more of a load onto the patching servers, I'm sure that's a possibility too. The typical response to the last issue is to, not mention their servers are overburdened, and wait out the clog in traffic and know eventually it will resolve on its own.

Of course there's validating your files; and as a last resort, deleting your "Live folder", and download everything.

I have the identical issue and I have a virtual super computer along with several others in my office. The infinite loading screen doesn't care what computer I use to log into my character, the result is the same. I have not been able to play the game for days because of this and only received a ticket response signed with: Thank you for playing <your name here>. After spending several hundred dollars on this game in the last few weeks alone, I do not feel like a valued customer. Cryptic/PW has the most terrible customer support staff I have ever had the misfortune of relying upon.
  • Options
    screwregisterscrewregister Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble Rabble? Rabble Rabble Rabble!

Rabble?! Rabble rabble rabble rabble! Rabble rabble? Rabble. Rabble rabble!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm just going to call up my credit card company and reverse all charges to cryptic over the last week.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the status of the Server not responding issue, it has been three days and still nothing happening. Starting to get old.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Come and join us in the main thread.

Bring cookies.
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well If they would put one more fix out before the weekend.. I would forgive all this.. But if the cost me my play time for the long holiday weekend.. Its going to be a long time before I let this go.. We need to get cryptic to improve their customer service.. We have all seen how bad it is with this latest round of problems..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    morden2 wrote: »
    Well If they would put one more fix out before the weekend.. I would forgive all this.. But if the cost me my play time for the long holiday weekend.. Its going to be a long time before I let this go.. We need to get cryptic to improve their customer service.. We have all seen how bad it is with this latest round of problems..

Rabble. Rabble Rabble!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    We're still working on a resolution -- it's unfortunate, but it's proving to be a bit trickier to track down. We have our best Engineers and Programmers on it, and we hope to have a resolution ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    grandadmthrawngrandadmthrawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're still working on a resolution -- it's unfortunate, but it's proving to be a bit trickier to track down. We have our best Engineers and Programmers on it, and we hope to have a resolution ASAP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I noticed that the transwarp to SOL was missing on my character, i was near new romulus.
    SO i went off up to PSI Velorium sector block to see if a new sector would 'fix' the bug.
    Thats when it server not responded and i have not been able to get on since soon after the Legacy Patch.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the update, maybe some of the star trek online players who have a background in stuff like this should maybe be consulted with. It might actually help.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried what I have found on youtube, switching the proxy to US or EU (depending where you are) instead of the NONE. But didn't work. Strangly, I had a time out error, just, when it was stuck in it, and returned to the login screen.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    mobyousmobyous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was soo close to buying the lifetime membership...and then miraculously it come on sale! and i was soo excited to purchase it...Unfortunately all i see are instabilities through out for last one month...one error after another....now for last week haven't even been able to play....now i'm seriously debating if its even worth $50 for a lifetime membership...when u can never play the game...at the very least the games you bought from stores or on-line stores you can still play single player or on LAN... but these On-line games...company is having issues thats the company's issues...fine it happens....but now we can't even use what we pay for...Thats TERRIBLE!!! SERIOUSLY....totally me, my brother and sister are no longer thinking of any sort of memberships for any on-line games...between the three of us that would be almost $1000 for the memberships for A GAME...that we can NEVER play!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Another day, still no access to the game I'm paying money to play...this is getting old as hell.
  • Options
    tinnydancertinnydancer Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    [C:/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic Studios/Star Trek Online/Live/GameClient.exe] [De
    bug] [x86]
    Preloading DLLs...done. (0.00)
    FileSystem startup...
    Loading hoggs... done (-1 hoggs) (0.00)
    GameDataDirs:
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the last 20 times that I have logged in, every 1-2 minutes (or sometimes less) the server disconnects. Even during a mission.

Why is that?
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xenophreak wrote: »
    Another day, still no access to the game I'm paying money to play...this is getting old as hell.

My main is stuck, but I have access to my other alts. Sadly, it's, for most, that this main char that is holding all the resources.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    dekker05dekker05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing devil's advocate for a second, what's he meant to say? That there's no progress? We already know that, if there WAS progress he'd tell us.

All we can do is wait, and hope for positive updates.

I have to disagree. Cryptic could give us a status report, silence often leads to paranoia and assuming the worse.

They could just simply update us where they are in the process. I.E. Have they isolated the problem? Are they Working on a Fix? Are they testing a fix? Is the problem going to be resolved before the holiday weekend?

Honestly, they haven't told us much at all. Only that they know the problem exists and that someone, somewhere is working on it.

I understand why developers don't communicate more and that these issues are not black and white, but in this case a lot of people are being denied access to their accounts over this issue and a lot of these people, such as myself just put a fair amount of money into this game by purchasing the Expansion Packs.

I am not asking for pity or assigning blame or raising rabble or calling for heads, but as a paying customer, it would be nice to have a better explanation of the problem and an ETA of a fix.

I would consider what we received so far, the bare minimum of customer service. Not that I expect more, it just would be nice.

Lastly, if they are working on the problem, by definition there is some kind of progress even if it is as simple as, ruling something out.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dekker05 wrote: »
    I am not asking for pity or assigning blame or raising rabble...

Rabble? Rabble! Rabble Rabble, Rabble Rabble Rabble!
  • Options
    dekker05dekker05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rabble? Rabble! Rabble Rabble, Rabble Rabble Rabble!

They took my jerb!
  • Options
    arazillaarazilla Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They did say they were "working" on a solution, however that seems hard to believe when the number of people effected by this keep going up. =/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    arazilla wrote: »
    They did say they were "working" on a solution, however that seems hard to believe when the number of people effected by this keep going up. =/
    The problem's already in the code. The number can only go up (as more people hit the loading wall) until it gets fixed.
  • Options
    outsider1580outsider1580 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    day 4 and still stuck
This discussion has been closed.