test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 24, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution for it. We have top men on it (no, really, look!).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So what do the 'Bottom Men' do?

Insert the BUGS to begin with??
    (must be so that the "Top Men' look better)

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    could you guys also make it so we could delete IGM I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that keeps getting spam about a site offering Energy credits to sell and buy
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 things that have absolutely got on my nerves yesterday.

1. mirror event, map manager 'could not find map'. i have recently had this issue yesterday and had it half a dozen times in a row before it quit playing about.
    2. gorn minefield, klingon invasion force and starbase 24 warp out issue which i suspect is the same thing thats hit 1.
    3. updated public queue system in need of an update, after checking for example the mirror event after its issue in 1, the thing reset itself and i end up accidentally clicking to join another map instead. there should be a feature to save last thing you clicked to join to make it easier to rejoin it if needed.

1 other thing that is far less annoying but reported on the tribble forum during open beta.

4. fix the valdore wing texture.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • elricsilverthornelricsilverthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK don't know where else to go I play 3 different characters 1 Fed, 1 Klingon, and 1 Rom I can play both my Klingon and Rom characters no problem but when I try to get my game for my Fed character to load it keeps coming up server not available I have tried everything in the support page even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and I cant even get the support page to come up any ideas on how to fix this would be great have spent past 2 days trying to get it to work I don't want to delete my Fed player he the only lvl 50 I have atm
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank Cryptic now I won't have to delete my fed to get all nukara rep stuff
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    could you guys also make it so we could delete IGM I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that keeps getting spam about a site offering Energy credits to sell and buy

I've never received one of those.

Perhaps visiting the sites that offer these "deals" is not such a good idea...

:cool:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those spams picked up a lot in the late weeks of season 7.

I only ever seemed to get them going to a major hub, like DS9.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still haven't got the extra char slot with the release of the expansion
    I'm stuck not playing romulans while both my KDF and FED fleet-buddies play theirs

sent a ticket to support roughly 2 days ago, a discussion with Brandon on twitter sent me to the same support
    I'm still waiting for a solution, but how much can I wait before I get bored for not even playing :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    zmihaie80 wrote: »
    I still haven't got the extra char slot with the release of the expansion
    I'm stuck not playing romulans while both my KDF and FED fleet-buddies play theirs

sent a ticket to support roughly 2 days ago, a discussion with Brandon on twitter sent me to the same support
    I'm still waiting for a solution, but how much can I wait before I get bored for not even playing :rolleyes:

How many slots do you have already?

Is it possible that you are at the max?
  • zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    How many slots do you have already?
    Is it possible that you are at the max?
    I have 5 slots
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    ok so your Website and launcher say 14:00-16:00 UTC (GMT i take it) yer the link says 3Pm lol what is it???

2pm or 3pm lol :s

We're in British Summer Time (Yeah, that's an oxymoron if ever there was one) which means that we are GMT+1. So launcher says 2-4pm GMT/UTC which is currently 3-5pm for us in the UK. Simple, see?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
    edited May 2013
    zmihaie80 wrote: »
    I have 5 slots

Nope.. that's not it.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, no ETA on fixing the in game mail then?

Still can't delete messages. My mailbox has gone from 15 messages to about 60 thanks to the Auction sales.
  • woppy1woppy1 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is this going to fix the stuck loading screen( server not responding) that a lot of us are getting which is stopping us from playing the game at all?
  • brollydoggbrollydogg Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was trying to play mirror tonite and I would beam away like I was going to jump into it and then it would say couldn't retrieve map this happened repetaly and when I would get in it would give me 5 seconds then boot me out. just incase you didn't notice this problem hope it works next time good luck and thanks!!!
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon, many of us still can't log-on because, when the launcher tries to patch, the launcher crashes every time; thus a simple log-in is impossible! We've been locked out of Star Trek Online for 3 DAYS and we've had not one minute of game time. So please understand that all this talk of improvements and tweaks is infuriating instead of encouraging. Will this next maintenance fix the patch-crash problem plaguing the game launcher? Because the problem is not on our end -- we've tried every suggestion and not one thing helps.

Also, without the ability to log-in, we can't make a support ticket through the game. And when I try to go through the support tab here on the website, I'm blocked yet again. Here's the error message:
    "The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Just letting you know that, just because support tickets might not be coming in on this bug, it doesn't mean the problem is fixed or small in scope.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any news on when foundry will be back up?
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    any news on when foundry will be back up?

That will likely be looked into when the actual game breaking issues are dealt with.
  • craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    That will likely be looked into when the actual game breaking issues are dealt with.

kool, thankyou
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how about the ability to get credit from sector red alerts? :)
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Guys and girls!
    I haven't been playing for three days. Uhm. Am I missing out on something? Is the game broken?
    /Floozy
  • pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by treking2
    I thought that this thread was supposed to tell us about what
    the patch will do, not just that there will be a "new patch"?

For example, will we be able to delete mail again after this patch?

Thank you :-)
    Patch notes are linked above We're still working on a fix for why players are unable to delete mail.

Can we have a delete all button please :D (I have a years worth of mail to delete :rolleyes:)

Please

Good job with LOR :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ru4tedwardru4tedward Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a few suggestions for things that need fixing:
    1) Everyone who is whining about mail should get stuffed in a locker.
    2) Everyone whining about Transwarp should be paddled until unable to sit
    3)Massage artist should be placed in the dev room
    4) FIX THE LOG IN ISSUES

:mad:
    Sorry, I'm in charge of managing the Starbase, we just moved up to Tier IV, and I haven't been able to log in since LoR crashed upon us.

For the record, I'm on a fresh wineskin and I get to the first screen (sometimes all the way to the character selection screen), the screen flashes black a couple times, then the whole computer locks up... except for the music.... the music keeps playing.... over and over..... please make it stop.....
  • jymowardjymoward Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon, many of us still can't log-on because, when the launcher tries to patch, the launcher crashes every time; thus a simple log-in is impossible! We've been locked out of Star Trek Online for 3 DAYS and we've had not one minute of game time. So please understand that all this talk of improvements and tweaks is infuriating instead of encouraging. Will this next maintenance fix the patch-crash problem plaguing the game launcher? Because the problem is not on our end -- we've tried every suggestion and not one thing helps.

Also, without the ability to log-in, we can't make a support ticket through the game. And when I try to go through the support tab here on the website, I'm blocked yet again. Here's the error message:
    "The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."

Just letting you know that, just because support tickets might not be coming in on this bug, it doesn't mean the problem is fixed or small in scope.

This is really the issue you should be fixing.

I did put in a ticket. Know what I got? A note saying "We are aware of this" and a closed ticket. Fix anything? No.
  • major1cemanmajor1ceman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Thanks for the cancel ability. It has been a needed thing.

Ye its handy to have that but only problem is if you have started something and you go to cancel it if you have put bits in it they you lose all of that which is a pain

As i started of the Borg MKXII shield and was advised to use the Maco one instead now if i cancel i will lose the Dilithium i have put in the Borg Neural Processors and other bits so that is a shame they cant do it so you can cancel it and you get it back

Just another why they hop you will spend more money converting Zen to Dilithium.

So question for Devs who work on this when are you going to get this sorted out i mean how long has it been on tribble now and yet you role out a expansion which cripples you allready over loaded servers people pay for extra stuff and dont get it when they get ingame.

Have to sit there and wait to get in game again cause you didnt plan ahead and think oh we have new content it might bring in extra people or people that havent played in a while oh well sod it it doesnt matter about them they can wait aslong as we have stuff in the cstore to make more money on it doesnt matter about them.

It would be nice if you could for a short period of time forget about ??? or $$$ and fix the bugs reduce all the lag problems on the servers fix all the issues that are are going on.

then when you put stuff up on cstore people might be more inclined to buy it as they know the game is worth it and that they will be able to play it with out being kicked of as the server needs to be patched and performance issues.

I love this game i have played since Day one of Alpha testing but it gets realy frustrating that you build up all they hype about a new add on and all this great content but it kills everything in the process

I was talking to other ppl in my fleet saying oh well this LOR is coming out everything is going to blow up in there faces again and what happened it did.

For the people that still pay to play this game to get the extra bits its evening more frustrating, if you think of it this way if you took your car to get a service and you got it back drove it down the road and it kept breaking down you would want either your money back or them to fix it straight away and you would most likely not go back to them again

well this is abit how i feel about things sometimes with paying to play a game that is bugged laggy everytime something new comes out you cant play it properly cause of issues and the servers having to keep being taken down to fix stuff

Ok end of rant but please get these problems sorted out and spend some time upgrading your hardware to reduce lag if you have server sharing resources with another game like never winter move that off as its not fair that it is killing STO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about the ability to cancel projects in the Event reputation tab? Currently sitting on 7/14 crystal shards and unable to earn any more.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    poeddude wrote: »
    What about the ability to cancel projects in the Event reputation tab? Currently sitting on 7/14 crystal shards and unable to earn any more.

I imagine that project will be removed in due time anyway, unless they hold another event.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to me that the problems everyone is having with the loading screens stopping and getting server not responding is not top priority for Cryptic. I hope on Sunday when I get back from vacation that this issue will be settled. I have made some purchases in game and if this game isn't fixed and I can't utilize them, I may consult a lawyer and see what my options are for cryptic not honoring their side of the deal. If this keeps progressing the way it is, I would love to see a class action suit against the developers. Maybe then they will get it into their heads.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • kamencankamencan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 1/2 months from when the modified grafic (1 month I was unable to sign) instead of showing me the photos of ships, characters and custom officers in game when i clic on something only white square. One can do anything with it yet or not?:(:confused:
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jymoward wrote: »
    I did put in a ticket. Know what I got? A note saying "We are aware of this" and a closed ticket. Fix anything? No.

Sorry, I borrowed their magic wand to fix my basement. I'll UPS it back to them.
    <3
This discussion has been closed.