Install Arc
Options

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon -

If you're monitoring this thread can you please provide an update or ETA for a fix?
  • Options
    captzabjudahcaptzabjudah Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jcdios wrote: »
    the same here..I even unistalled and reinstalled the game twice. I can see my character ,I select it and then the numbers up on the rigth hand side get stuck in 94.04 , Im bloody pissed off its been like this for two days, i did complain, there is no suitable answer tough.

Having the same problem with my main Fed toon, beams up and get stuck in the 94.04 loop.:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    balorgafdanbalorgafdan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still can't play the main character I have hundreds of dollars invested in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seriously.. an ETA would be FREAKING NICE.

Oh and, btw, have your support staff actually READ the tickets before telling me to transwarp to a different system or beam up to my ship...
  • Options
    morden2morden2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem with my main Fed toon, beams up and get stuck in the 94.04 loop.:(

I am very sorry to here you have the exact same problem, But I relieved to know we are not alone.. We need to keep poshing to get this fixed.
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue.... Tried different servers and all....
  • Options
    galen1969galen1969 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I bought me a Reman, got the character to level 4, I think, and now I can't play them. The loading screen gets to 94.04 and I get "Server Not Responding"

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    zeropiumzeropium Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love an estimated ETA. All my crew are stuck on the bridge, and every bathroom is malfunctioning. Nobody can hold their bladder for almost 4 days!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Same problem, 24 hours.
  • Options
    darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this problem now too. Tried entering a solar system last night (don't remember which one, it was for a storyline mission), got stuck on the loading screen (server stops responding at 94%), and haven't been able to log-in that character since. He just gets stuck at 94% on the loading screen every time I try. My other character works just fine, for now.
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got this response from the support team: Has any of this worked for anyone? I am having no such luck.

Greetings Player,

Please first restart your computer and network hardware and try again a little bit later before trying anything else. This is important!

After a major launch there is always a huge spike in players.

> STO: The Legacy of Romulus expansion has proven to be very popular, and so there are unfortunately busy login servers and a queue (line) that some of you will have to wait in. Things should should smooth out in the coming weeks as things get improved and adapted. We very much appreciate your patience and dedication to your game!

Please try again later today and see if you have a better time getting in.

Please check the forums and website to see if the game was down for maintenance or another reason in the time frame you were having trouble.

Please go over the info we have below, as some of it can help you with the most common problems.

You can try running Options > Force Verify on the game launcher menu, let that complete and try again.

You can try disabling on-demand patching in Options on the game launcher and try the game again.

You can try using one of the Cryptic Proxy connections in the Options on the game launcher to connect with and see if that helps you temporarily.

You can try reinstalling the game with the latest game client. If you are having problems with the launcher, you can try replacing it for your game:

STO: http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, remote computer access or control software, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

-> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues.

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
    IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

You may need to check with your internet provider, your network device's Help or Support resources, on how to do so.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?

• Options
    damadorrdamadorr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    > > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

seems that they work on it - too bad iam away from home on weekend ;/
  • Options
    borg101010borg101010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It started this afternoon..after logging off because my assigned B.O's skills would not appear in my available skill drag to tray window. Server not responding after trying many times to return. Was able to play kingon and federation toons with no problem.
  • Options
    vinthebutchervinthebutcher Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know they posted this:
    > > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <

But has anyone gotten into the server since/after receiving this 94.07% loading screen error?

When I was in-game I would receive it a couple times, it would reach 45% and then load up after about a minute.

But all day, when trying to get in-game at all, I get up to 94.07% and just hang. I have tried closing the game completely (only thing to do) with no effect....

Change your timezone here.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
    yes, my avatar is my tattoo
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got possibly a response from the "IT-GROWD"-Support Team...XD

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

Sorry i couldnt not resist^^
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It only effects my Romulan character
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been happening since Season 7. It always happens when you are uploading patches for that zone. So the server confuses that as a disconnect.
  • Options
    valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valdescaa wrote: »
    23/05/13 15:15 UTC Still not resolved
    on one character on Regulus Sector Block. can you please move me to another map that can acces bank mail and duty?

23/05/13 21:40 UTC Not solved please please 2 days!!! for the Vulcan for the romulans let me log in my Trill
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I know they posted this:

But has anyone gotten into the server since/after receiving this 94.07% loading screen error?

When I was in-game I would receive it a couple times, it would reach 45% and then load up after about a minute.

But all day, when trying to get in-game at all, I get up to 94.07% and just hang. I have tried closing the game completely (only thing to do) with no effect....

i dont have any place wehre change time zone sorry i know cp , but.. i am new..
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    cdpbs wrote: »
    You got possibly a response from the "IT-GROWD"-Support Team...XD

Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

Sorry i couldnt not resist^^

lol ty i need a lotsof this nice ring...
  • Options
    yegadsyegads Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan stuck in loading/sever not responding loop.

Happened right after picking a side (Federation) while beaming off the flotilla.

Been a couple days now.
  • Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    couple hours left in the workday in Cali. Still not fixed.

Could we get an eta?

Could we get something?
  • Options
    darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velldun wrote: »
    couple hours left in the workday in Cali. Still not fixed.

Could we get an eta?

Could we get something?

I'd like to think that Cryptic would see this as an issue worth putting in overtime to resolve.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i dont have any place wehre change time zone sorry i know cp , but.. i am new..

I don't want to throw this thread off topic, but click link in my signature and scroll to date and time options to the bottom.
    SEGA
    Nov. 2009
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lor update = not able to login, here's hoping this gets resolves by the weekend :P
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    dakilla3000dakilla3000 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this gets resolved soon. I created a second character and so far no issues. I'm past Helix mission where all hell broke loose. Now trying to get them to refund my Zen I used on my first character that stopped working.
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to resolve it tonight. Even if it requires overtime and emergency maintenance. Here's why...

...it's clear from the posts here today that this issue is continuing to happen. It must be fixed before the game experiences increased usage this weekend, or it's going to turn into a huge mess for Cryptic.

I hope they understand just how epically bad this could be for them in the coming days. I also hope they've got a pot of coffee brewed for their team tonight.
  • Options
    upr2000upr2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got a question according to the bug:

Are all your Chars stuck at the loading screen at exactly 94% loading progress?
    We figured out, that more chars getting stuck.
    Mostly when somebody tries to fly in another sector or in transwarp mode.

Every time when I try to login with my main character at 94,xx%, I just get an server not responding message.

All other characters work fine until now.

I just selected 2 traits and set course on the Delta Volanis Cluster.
    Directly on the sector change my client timed out at 94% loading status.

PS.: Sorry for my cruel english - I'm from germany ;)
    BTW Greetings over the ocean ;)

PPS.: In germany there are also much chars which stuck in the loading screen...
    Actually even with the new patch still counting up!
  • Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    upr2000 wrote: »
    Got a question according to the bug:

Are all your Chars stuck at the loading screen at exactly 94% loading progress?
    We figured out, that more chars getting stuck.
    Mostly when somebody tries to fly in another sector or in transwarp mode.

Every time when I try to login with my main character at 94,xx%, I just get an server not responding message.

All other characters work fine until now.

I just selected 2 traits and set course on the Delta Volanis Cluster.
    Directly on the sector change my client timed out at 94% loading status.

PS.: Sorry for my cruel english - I'm from germany ;)
    BTW Greetings over the ocean ;)

PPS.: In germany there are also much chars which stuck in the loading screen...
    Actually even with the new patch still counting up!

Yes, also getting stuck at 94.07 or whatever it is.

My toon got stuck after I respecced the race traits while standing in ESD, and then when I beamed to my ship, bam.....stuck in between maps with the endless timer and 94.07 etc.

Again, to reiterate, have 750 dollars invested in my main toon, plus countless hours. he's the toon I play the most, the toon I enjoy most, and he's stuck, and maybe gone.

Was going to buy the legacy pack, but can't bring myself to do it now that there is a possibility that my toon that I have spent months building might be gone. What's the point? I'll just lose the next toon i build in a few months on next patch. And no way I am dumping that much time or money into a new toon.

Very hard to be excited about this game right now. Actually, it's very easy to be depressed about this game right now. Doesn't seem to be enough of us in this predicament to matter to the devs.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    23/05/13 21:40 UTC Not solved please please 2 days!!! for the Vulcan for the romulans let me log in my Trill

Customer Crop tic says:
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Spacedock, please try changing instances. Doing this should return you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty.

Should you become stuck inside of mission you can try the "Abort Mission" button located at the top left of the minimap which should allow you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however, you should see the option to continue the mission once you have returned to sector space.

Additionally, a quick log out and back in has also been known to resolve certain stuck issues and return you to your current instance or mission.

If you are stuck in any space map, using "Transwarp" should return you to Earth Spacedock or Qo'noS depending on your faction.

In the event that these options still do not resolve your issue please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you.

Thank you for playing!

Kind Regards,
    GM-Unception
    Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!
    Product Level 1: Star Trek Online
    Category Level 1: Customer Support
    Category Level 2: Stuck Character
    Date Created: 05/22/2013 04:51 PM
    Last Updated: 05/22/2013 05:25 PM
    Connection Type:
    Date/Time of Problem:
    Character: xxxxxx
    Server: Holodeck

>>>> REally you CROP TIC GM read the ticket???????

ha!!! and another mail want i do a survey, i want to spend same time you take to solve mime. CERO.

To read tikets may be a deal with hundreds ppl stuck. mine were really short cant make many mistakes.
    an real answer more personal calm down an auto masive response .. NO..
This discussion has been closed.