What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - 5:30PM - 7PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much longer left according to bran's time?
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    warmonkey1980warmonkey1980 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got home from work. was really anxious to get home and play Legacy of Romulus. What a surprise. Cryptic please buy more damn servers!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rgzarcher wrote: »
    We should be able to get a title if we were members before the update:

Survivor of Legacy Update

:P

I remember when Forsaken World took it one step further with a similar situation and gave out a title of a forum meme 'Sebestimated' to everyone.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is how i feel **%^&%*&^&*^&*^%^&%^&*%&^%*&^^%$#%$#%$^%$%$&*^^&%&^%&^*%&*^%&*^
  • Options
    tonyedutonyedu Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    delfarn wrote: »
    When do I get my foundry character back?? :mad: When I logged in early the "create content" tab was grayed out. Not kosher... There is no mention in the notes of the foundry going down, so what gives?

There was a mention of it somewhere in the dev tracker, but I forget where.

What happens on big releases is that the foundry is taken offline and every foundry mission in the game is republished. This takes a couple days. It's an open question whether or not that activity contributes to the server load problems here.

After all the foundry missions are brought online, you'll be able to run foundry missions, but you won't be able to create/edit them. You should expect some outages after that when authors complain that their missions are now broken.

A few fix cycles later, the foundry will be open for authors.
  • Options
    lithandriallithandrial Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't look good for new players.

I started playing two nights ago;

Last night I got 2 hours before maintenance.

Today I got an hour -> Broken Pigg file, redownload -> then sat in a login que for 4 hours -> got an hour of play time -> then wahey, maintenance.

Doesn't exactly make me want to buy a subscription =\ which is a shame, because I love what little ive managed to play so far lol
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Train Wreck....

Wouldn't that be 'Star Wreck'?

Ooooo... I just thought of somethin':

Star Wreckin' in Cryptics' Universe...
    Boldly waiting in a queue, trying not to curse.

Largely doing nuttin', cause we can't get to first.

Posting in Their forums, never being terse.

Screaming, Whining, Moaning, We wanna-be reimbursed.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    You're right. I was too abrupt in my comment. What I meant to say is this: Lifers and Golds are the only ones paying MEANINGFULLY into the game. We're reliable. We're regular. Lifers either already paid a chunk (and probably more at the ZEN store too) or the subscription people usually keep it up or are at least predictable in the percentages of repeat/loss (as well as the ZEN thing again)

Those of you that a) don't subscribe and never have and b) use the 'grandma gave me a 20 dollar bill for my birthday, so I can get ZEN' method of chipping in: They don't, won't and never will care about your wait time in the queue.

That being said I DO feel the need to complain, as I have seen some others do, that dropping servers at prime-time? Someone afraid to pony up for the late night overtime-pay?

The last couple days have been highly frustrating for all.

I'll admit I'm more of a DOFF grinder/convert Dil to Zen kind of man myself.

I'm actually having a lot of fun on the forums the last couple days. Poking beehives with sticks.

Let's face it, there's not much else to do.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    arinaadarinaad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Prospective wait time at this post is 46 minutes.

As for the "prime time" for taking down the server: There really isn't one. As a global game people are playing it from every time zone and as such there is no "perfect time" to take the server offline. If it goes offline during the business day for the US then the Europeans (of which there are FAR more) are irritable. The weekly maintenance occurs during European prime time, we north americans can suck up some of the pain for maintenance too.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

;)

This is the link to the real version of that song. http://www.all-top-games.com/games/463-star%20trekkin'.html
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    johnathan180johnathan180 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 27 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for general performance improvements, as well as fixing a bug with Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills.

Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=699741

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

I love how after Star Trek Into Darkness comes out we have all of the probs with the lor but hey i love the game please put Khan back into Cryo
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wheres the Nukara Rep fix, that's just as important.

Anyone notice how the borg in the stfs are on crack, they move so fast now.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Today I got an hour -> Broken Pigg file, redownload -> then sat in a login que for 4 hours -> got an hour of play time -> then wahey, maintenance.

Doesn't exactly make me want to buy a subscription =\ which is a shame, because I love what little ive managed to play so far lol

I can understand where all of this would be frustrating for a new player. But I would really urge you to stick around and give the game a fair shot. It really is a fun game that has quite a bit to offer, even more so now with Romulans here. Just...give them a little time to work it out. Oh and if you pick up a subscription, it lets you skip to the front of the queues. I haven't had to wait in line all day. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

;)

Epic win Sir...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    om3ga13 wrote: »
    See right there ignorance of being a life timer not all but some, when/if I am to purchase a life time membership I would still be upset for people who have to wait in a que of over 17,000+. A que you can't do much, and some people have to go and do other things not sit and wait for 2 hours or more. So if I can play even 5 minutes I would be happy but I too logged in was on for 2 minutes then server shuts down not really fun after waiting in line. There is no reason for a que at all plain and simple.

Hopefully that can be taken care of down the road so people can just log in and enjoy the game. I remember back in beta and after up to season 7 there was no ques it was good times, if I have to wait another 2 hours to get in that will be above irritating and its not complaining if people have to be up at 8 a.m the next day, long que times are not needed and there shouldn't be a que learn from other MMO's. This game has almost excelled at everything, graphics, story line, gameplay, character customization, just a few things to go and bugs here and there but what game doesn't have bugs.

As a lifer I'm glad not to have to que and get some game time. Its also reassuring to see being a lifer does make a difference.

Sadly a number of my fleet m8s aren't and I know at the moment they aren't getting the game time I am.

Where has it been posted about the server setup and are the servers also co-hosting never winter. some have also said there on separate servers whats the truth of this?

Whilst this is certainly unsual amount of player traffic due to the interest of the film and new expansion, rather than development plans. Increasing server capacity and stability must go to the top of the priority list. For all players f2p, or gold members.
  • Options
    renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    You're right. I was too abrupt in my comment. What I meant to say is this: Lifers and Golds are the only ones paying MEANINGFULLY into the game. We're reliable. We're regular. Lifers either already paid a chunk (and probably more at the ZEN store too) or the subscription people usually keep it up or are at least predictable in the percentages of repeat/loss (as well as the ZEN thing again)

Those of you that a) don't subscribe and never have and b) use the 'grandma gave me a 20 dollar bill for my birthday, so I can get ZEN' method of chipping in: They don't, won't and never will care about your wait time in the queue.

That being said I DO feel the need to complain, as I have seen some others do, that dropping servers at prime-time? Someone afraid to pony up for the late night overtime-pay?

You have no way of knowing how much the average F2P player spends on Zen or how they get it. You're being self-righteous, because you think paying for the game on a monthly or lump sum method makes you a better, more worthy player, than the majority of F2Pers. That is your right, and perhaps you're correct, but that's neither here nor there.

The issue isn't that there is a queue, or downtime or patching. It's the lack of information coming from the company towards it's customers, all it's customers, even the ones who pay as the can in C-store purchases. It's the frustration being made worse by not understanding why, or what they will do to fix it.

But feel free to continue feeling self-important , if that helps you cope.
  • Options
    outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If i compare waiting in a Q for a few hours, to having your house torn down by a tornado and family dead or missing , then i think we can feel lucky ,and maybe should not complain to much
  • Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    But we still got our boot.ini's!
  • Options
    ozforceozforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems you no longer supply a time translator in the update threads...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the forums running horrendously slow for anyone else? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If i compare waiting in a Q for a few hours, to having your house torn down by a tornado and family dead or missing , then i think we can feel lucky ,and maybe should not complain to much

YES.let's have a forum acknowledgement of the victims of the tornado. to do so quote this message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They had insane server issues when free to play first came out, then season six, and also season seven. Just like almost every other mmorpg that's out there. I bought a lifetime sub, and I still don't regret either it or any other cash I paid into this game. To me, it was definitely worth paying. Que times, well; every major update, almost everyone and their dog logs in practically, and the servers bottleneck. Not a this will happen all the time thing.
    But, to each their own. :)
  • Options
    hollowell22hollowell22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WoW!!! 20 hours in Que, finally get on and I am greeted with a The shard is coming down in 15 min.
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great to hear I finally can spend Skillpoints.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Is the forums running horrendously slow for anyone else? :rolleyes:

yep. i've lagged out twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    puddlestomppuddlestomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    YES.let's have a forum acknowledgement of the victims of the tornado. to do so quote this message.

Here here, I propose a toast to people who are for sure not in my queue and making my night easier.
  • Options
    tehepicpwnzertehepicpwnzer Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep. i've lagged out twice.
    YAY hi trekie.
    Star Wars next?

26th Fleet
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here here, I propose a toast to people who are for sure not in my queue and making my night easier.

That is rude, insulting, and shows little respect to others. It is also not even REMOTELY funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    arinaadarinaad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I don't know where you guys are getting these RIDICULOUS times for being in cue. I am an F2P player as well, and I have logged in at 24k just like everyone else. The longest wait that I have had is 75 minutes.

4 HOURS is a stretch... 20 hours is out right BS.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the link to the real version of that song. http://www.all-top-games.com/games/463-star%20trekkin'.html

This is a better link...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
This discussion has been closed.