Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - 5:30PM - 7PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    wolffman78wolffman78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oops, almost forgot...

6. Why do all of my characters have large black scars and wounds on their faces?
  • Options
    whitestar001whitestar001 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO Offline again, starting to lose count on the emergency maintenance. And why always when I get on, can you not wait until Midnight or when players are at work, not just getting on. These are just the comments I see in game and starting to agree, especially being a Gold member from the beginning.:confused:
  • Options
    renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    I'd like to take this chance to point out for everyone complaining about being in the queue for hours:

No one cares what you think, because if you were paying (at all), you wouldn't BE IN THE QUEUE.

Everyone who has been serial complaining about 'QQ i'm number 238283 in the queue, so I should get stuff and perks and gifts to make up for my lost time'... you aren't contributing anything to the pocketbooks so... no.

Just to clear things up: I have monthly sub and my waiting time in the queue over the past few days has numbered in seconds.

tl;dr: If you don't wanna wait, get subscription.

They must donate all that C-store Zen profit to charity, right? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Fixed a typo in the thread title -- since we started at 5:30, and expect to be done in 1.5 hours, maintenance is 5:30PM - 7PM PDT (not 5-6:30).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    m5km5k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleted post
  • Options
    edwin8472edwin8472 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tired of the queue. I wait and when finally get on after waiting 35 minutes I get kick for maintenance. please fix this mess right this time.
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon -

Will this patch also fix the issue of characters being stuck in map transitions with "server not responding" messages? I noticed you took it off the header, but its not listed as a resolved issue.
  • Options
    kaiserrandy86#2366 kaiserrandy86 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since when do we have to wait to get to play? I seen that with this latest update. I don't like that. Otherwise, I think the new layout and HUD has more of a Star Trek "feel". One suggestion for future thoughts: Bring a new view to us while in space. Instead of seeing the whole ship, give us the option to toggle between that and "bridge mode". In this mode, we can see everything from our viewscreen on the bridge. The mini-map and other things would still appear, but the main action is on the viewer. Then we simply rotate the ship to find the new target and the sort. Preliminary idea, but hope you guys take it and make it!
  • Options
    alphaphasertechalphaphasertech Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh come off the complaining guys. these patches are moving quick, and the game is actually playable now. Yes, day one was a ****fest. But why are we complaining about a patch that's fixing an issue keeping people from LEVELLING? and that should only last an hour? :confused:
    "If the Iconians come, and we're not ready... Well, let's just say these petty arguments won't mean a thing." - Vice Admiral Thomas Bouwman of the Starsiders
  • Options
    m5km5k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tiger4195 wrote: »
    I can understand needing maintenance time, since this was such a huge update. That's no big deal. Even a queue isn't unheard of. Safety measures and all. I get that. The only problem I have is that somewhere along the way, while beaming up from spacedock, my character locked up on a loading screen, and I can't play her at all. So for those of you complaining about queue time, you really don't have a reason to whine. I can sit through that ungodly queue, and have no character to access and play at the end. You guys at least get to play once you survive the queue....:( I have to sit here for god knows how long and wait for Cryptic to fix everything else in the game, and then hope maybe they have time enough to free my character from whatever nonsense she's stuck in... Be grateful for what you have, guys...

That being said, for the hours of game time I DID get before my toon locked up, the new update is glorious. The graphics. The gameplay. The smoothness of everything. I love it. The new UI. Just everything. Yeah, there are a few things that tweak me (paying for starship design changes, loss of DOFFs til 11, when I had JUST gotten them, modified firing arcs on starship weapons, etc.), but overall, I think it was pretty spectacular. So, generally speaking, well done Cryptic. Just please... go find my lost toon and fix her.... I really want to play more. T^T
    Im with you on this! I didnt login for 28 days while doing other things waiting for the LOR to be released. I login last night and my main character is gone. So take all the time you need to fix stuff just fix it and dont leave me and others in the dark. Queue doesnt matter if your character youve spend hundreds in real money on is missing from the selection list!
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this maintenance/update also meant to fix the inability to respec skills using Respec Tokens from the Zen store? They cost 500 Zen and they don't work!!!
  • Options
    kattrara1kattrara1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    logged on earlier, went into queue somewhere around 25k....
    started dinner, ate dinner, still in queue. went and shaved my legs etc and showered, still in queue. made coffee and drank coffee, still in queue. did my nails, still in queue. poured a drink, still in queue. drank my drink, still in queue. walked dog, still in queue. watched news, still in queue...anywho finally get on for about 20 mins and now this.
    Hope they fix the queue issues
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline -=Legacy of Romulus=-Special server down for maintenance edition

I couldnt help myself poking a little fun at all the downtime anyways to be expected a huge expansion like is gonna have its teething problems.

I am still very impressed with LoR and the work the cryptic team is done if you people want to rage about the single server take that up with PWE.

Anyways very good work :)
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dmasterson wrote: »
    I'd like to take this chance to point out for everyone complaining about being in the queue for hours:

No one cares what you think, because if you were paying (at all), you wouldn't BE IN THE QUEUE.

So you're claiming with a straight face that lifers and golds are the only one paying money into a game with a cash store.

If you honestly believe a word of that, I have some oceanfront property you can buy off me in Arizona.

Next time you feel like "pointing something out", ask yourself if you've actually thought this through.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the heck happened to my ships paint job, oh wait wrong thread, sorry :o
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    people want the que to go down perfect world just have to do 1 thing buy a new server and put all those people playing never winter on that one reason we have this huge que is because they using 1 server for 2 games dumbest thing i can think of and before you flame me about how it to pricy i have played alot of MMO's out their and ones that are now FTP and at the lest lowest i ever saw with them was 4 server's to cover their game but it only been a day im hopeing these problems to be over by next week
  • Options
    mikepaladinmikepaladin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok two nights in a row, great job on preventing anyone on the east coast from possibly enjoying the game. :mad:
  • Options
    om3ga13om3ga13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    As a Lifer, I had to wait 1 minute to get on, this is OUTRAGEOUS!!! :D

See right there ignorance of being a life timer not all but some, when/if I am to purchase a life time membership I would still be upset for people who have to wait in a que of over 17,000+. A que you can't do much, and some people have to go and do other things not sit and wait for 2 hours or more. So if I can play even 5 minutes I would be happy but I too logged in was on for 2 minutes then server shuts down not really fun after waiting in line. There is no reason for a que at all plain and simple.

Hopefully that can be taken care of down the road so people can just log in and enjoy the game. I remember back in beta and after up to season 7 there was no ques it was good times, if I have to wait another 2 hours to get in that will be above irritating and its not complaining if people have to be up at 8 a.m the next day, long que times are not needed and there shouldn't be a que learn from other MMO's. This game has almost excelled at everything, graphics, story line, gameplay, character customization, just a few things to go and bugs here and there but what game doesn't have bugs.
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "This will prevent the issue for new characters, and automagically resolve the error for existing players."

Please... god... don't start with magic.... we have enough issues without someone throwing magic 'powder' at the servers...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gabriael69 wrote: »
    people want the que to go down perfect world just have to do 1 thing buy a new server and put all those people playing never winter on that one reason we have this huge que is because they using 1 server for 2 games dumbest thing i can think of and before you flame me about how it to pricy i have played alot of MMO's out their and ones that are now FTP and at the lest lowest i ever saw with them was 4 server's to cover their game but it only been a day im hopeing these problems to be over by next week

2 Things dude..

1. Punctuation.
    2. Call your old high school English teacher and tell her to quit because she clearly sucked at her job...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fixed a typo in the thread title -- since we started at 5:30, and expect to be done in 1.5 hours, maintenance is 5:30PM - 7PM PDT (not 5-6:30).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

cheers big ears :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about fixing the KDF Honor Guard uniform options while you're at it?
  • Options
    puddlestomppuddlestomp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The line for the new queue starts here. I relaunched my client so I can wait in line while the shizz is down. I also got a little a little over 165MB patch to download. I'll start cooking dinner now and watch a few episodes of TNG while I'm waiting.
  • Options
    femshepfemshep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a load of bull finally get on and get kicked off. Skin textures on the game with the new patch are not loading right among other things. Before the update the skin texture packs were fine, now they don't load properly and the characters either have black splotches in game where skin should be or at the character select screen the splotches are glowing holes.

This needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    loganofterranloganofterran Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wish they would do these Emergency maintenance tasks late at night when most people are asleep.. Waited an hour in queue and got to play less than 30 mins.. With it being so hard to get on is it really asking too much to hold off till late night to do these updates?? I LOVE the update, mind you, looks fantastic! Just wish I could actually PLAY THE GAME!
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon, can I please get an answer on when the Nukara rep upgrade cancelling will be implemented? Time is growing short when I and many others will need to upgrade to tier 2 and we will be stuck and fall behind and who knows how far based on how long it takes for the fix to come D:
  • Options
    namelesszombienamelesszombie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will admit I'm downloading DCUO right now and am considering giving LOTRO a go too.

Lotro is a lot of fun. I love DCUO, but feel it nickle and dimes you worse then PWE does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks to scooterkhan for the awesome sig!
  • Options
    praitorpraitor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emergency maintenance = opps we did a boo boo and better put another server back to sto to help with the queing
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just want to play jesus every turn i make it says down or something
  • Options
    xithlegendxithlegend Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think a free key to everyone is in order. :-P

Admiral Legend
    Spartan Vanguard -11thFleet-
This discussion has been closed.