What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - 5:30PM - 7PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    huttsbainehuttsbaine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wonder how many people have STO as a standard part of their day...
  • Options
    ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until the newness wears off of the expansion LOR, the queue will be there, Gold members(subscribers) get login priority, so those are not subscribers, have patience or playing on the off-timed or get a subscription :rolleyes:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Train Wreck....

Wouldn't that be 'Star Wreck'?

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much time left, if ETA is correct?
    BTW if u start patching now u can get into the game quicker than others.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    zulu77zulu77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quick question: me and a friend of mine managed to wait out the qeue and get in game, later he ranked up to Commander and got a new ship, when he went to customize it, it told him that it would cost 750 Zen for ANY changes, we did check to make sure that he had not selected any paid parts. is this an intended change or is it yet another bug created by this train wreck of an expansion?
  • Options
    softtop97softtop97 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :D STO free to play, please get in line and take a number... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wolffman78wolffman78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not (yet) have a romulan player, and yet I still cannot re-spec my skills on my existing fed/kdf characters. I have tokens from the c-store, i hit accept, and get "an error occurred while retraining skills". The patch notes mention fixing skill point issues for romulans, but make no mention of existing races/characters with the same problem.

~Q
  • Options
    forewmforewm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wish they would do these Emergency maintenance tasks late at night when most people are asleep.. Waited an hour in queue and got to play less than 30 mins.. With it being so hard to get on is it really asking too much to hold off till late night to do these updates?? I LOVE the update, mind you, looks fantastic! Just wish I could actually PLAY THE GAME!

I REALLY WISH THE WORLD REVOLVED AROUND ME TOO! :cool:
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2 Things dude..

1. Punctuation.
    2. Call your old high school English teacher and tell her to quit because she clearly sucked at her job...

Hahahahaha, this was a superb reply. Well done sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about fixing the KDF Honor Guard uniform options while you're at it?

Would you care to place an over/under bet on number of months until they fix the clipping and colour issues with the TOS Romulan uniforms? :-)

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    femshep wrote: »
    Before the update the skin texture packs were fine, now they don't load properly and the characters either have black splotches in game where skin should be or at the character select screen the splotches are glowing holes.

This needs to be fixed.

Have to agree. I finally got the graphic settings so they were working properly (no pixelation, pop in textures etc) and now half my BOs have black blotches all over their faces :p

Glad to hear the skills issue wasn't just me but other Liberated Borg Romulans as well :)

Fair dos it was a big update though, so don't worry, give it a week or two and we should have something that feels like a stable game again :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While the servers are offline i hope they fix the Queue problem!! FIX IT NOW... Plezz??

How? Kill people?

THe queue is there because a LOT of people, 20k+ all want to play at the same time. The only way to get around that is to eliminate the people.

Now, I'm against indiscriminate killing.
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »

Upon reading your Sig.....How about a Free Fez hat costume thingy ingame as an apology? :D
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in the Q for 1hour and 41 minutes. I know I used a stop watch just to be curious. I started out 25,447. I finally get in 3 loads of laundry, lunch and dishes later. Then I finally get on. In the middle of a mission.

This is after 6 hours of down time the day of the launch. An eight hour download of over 6 gigs. Then couldn't get on last night because of the excesive numbers in the q.

And now we are down again. Wow is all I can say. This really encourages the f2p people to buy a subscription.

(Word to the programmers) - There is a glitch with certain vessels like Defiants, and Multivectors. There is a 750 zen fee the moment you enter the ship customizer. This prevents me from doing something as simple as putting fleet Emblems on my ship. I submitted a ticket but that didn't show up in my ticket Q either, so...

For all of that said love STO. Wouldn't want to be on any other game. Hope to see you all in there soon.
  • Options
    delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When do I get my foundry character back?? :mad: When I logged in early the "create content" tab was grayed out. Not kosher... There is no mention in the notes of the foundry going down, so what gives?
  • Options
    arinaadarinaad Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I second that response!
  • Options
    leapstrykeleapstryke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is nothing OK about this. I actually pay for this game, and I expect that when I come home after a long trying day and I want to play my favorite game, that I actually can. It wasn't OK when WoW did it, and it's not OK now.

I can see it, "Hey guys, I know there's a lot of TRIBBLE wrong because we didn't test it properly before launching, so instead of working on it during the day, you know, when only a fraction of the players would be affected, let's take it down right during prime time, when the ENTIRE US is done working for the day. That way, we can inconvenience as many people as possible."

All this proves is that the developers are actually in Indonesia where it's just now 9 AM.

I'm very upset that I paid for a game I cannot play.
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline is right. What a joke this company is. How many Emergency Maintenance's can you do? I mean if its an Emergency get it right the first time. How many unscheduled/Emergency Maintenance's have there been the last 2 weeks? Way too many, that is the answer.

Maybe you should have beta tested more than a weekend with everyone. Maybe you should of had some real stress test's done on the server. Maybe you should start taking all that cash you keep milking out of everyone and RENT SOME MORE SERVERS.

Like I said earlier when I was sitting in a 25,000 man que, (thats right TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND) people sitting looking at a QUE screen for around 2 hours or more. I'm done spending anymore money to support a company that runs like this. I'll keep playing because its free, but I won't ever spend another penny. Everything that is wrong with this expansion could have been prevented, especially the giant QUE's.

Tell me how wrong I am now. You know who you are. The people that support Cryptic no matter what they do. I really think Cryptic could kill your mothers, and some of you on these forums would be here saying its ok, give them a break, or what are you crying over its free.

If it was just this expansion I could maybe sympathize. But its been a joke here for a long time. Just keeps getting worse. But that's my opinion. Its the right opinion and I would go as far as to say it could be proven as a fact, but I digress.

Crypitc, would you be so kind as to fix the Empty Red Alerts while you're doing some more of these Emergency Maintenance's. You know the ones people have been complaining and submitting bug reports for years now. I must sit thru 7 or 8 each day. Goes something like this. RA pops up,( i used to say yay), LOADING SCREEN, RA empty-already done,Pulled back out to another loading screen. Multiply that by 7 or 8 times a night. Wanna know why its not fixed yet? I know why, it doesn't make them anymore money. They're Too busy on shinny new ships in the c-store.

Things like that, and there are a ton of them, and the fact there are now 25,000 man ques, and the fact the game is down more than any other MMORPG I've ever seen, and has been for some time now, shows me Cryptic either doesn't care about its customers and is in it just for as much as they can get before fading away, or they have no idea what they're doing. Could also be a combination of the two.

Now the same people I just mentioned a couple paragraph's up can tell me how I'm crying or Nerd Raging. I'm far from raging. More sad because I know this game could be so much more than what it has become.
  • Options
    jdfosterrocksjdfosterrocks Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering, is there a way you guys can re-emburse members of the game? Most companies give out free items or something to that nature as a way to express sincere apoligies for things like this.

For example, My gold membership expires on may 3rd. These multiple maintance schedules are taking time away.

I'm sure you guys are working hard to get things done and I appreciate it. This is an awesome game and hate to see ratings go down or loss of membership for issues like this.
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there still maintenance for tomorrow as well????

Also, are they fixing the Nukara reputation cancel now?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jnadreth wrote: »
    Upon reading your Sig.....How about a Free Fez hat costume thingy ingame as an apology? :D

Little Picard: I want it NOW!!! nau nau nau NAU!!!!!!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    torchstonetorchstone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will There be a server upgrade to fix the queue problem?
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We should be able to get a title if we were members before the update:

Survivor of Legacy Update

:P
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you Sir. I only aim to please, troll or flame. And If I am feeling generous I will do them all in one post :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    delfarndelfarn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...There is a glitch with certain vessels like Defiants, and Multivectors. There is a 750 zen fee the moment you enter the ship customizer. This prevents me from doing something as simple as putting fleet Emblems on my ship. I submitted a ticket but that didn't show up in my ticket Q either, so...

I submitted a few tickets for seperate issues BEFORE the expansion and none of them shown in my ticket que either, so I doubt that they went through...
  • Options
    poppawoodiepoppawoodie Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well ty for letting us know.. hopefully that login queue can get shortened a bit soon maybe? i waited to get playing for a good 4 hours or so just to get bumped an hour in for this maintenance.. a little annoying but ty for getting on the ball regardless of the irritation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Sir. I only aim to please, troll or flame. And If I am feeling generous I will do them all in one post :)

OW! That's Harsh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 27 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for general performance improvements, as well as fixing a bug with Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills.

Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=699741

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    :D

This is where I say "Good show and thank you" before hitting the reply button!
  • Options
    jnadrethjnadreth Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trekie564 wrote: »
    Little Picard: I want it NOW!!! nau nau nau NAU!!!!!!

Only joking XD.....even better...a little Captain Picard doll in-game from the infamous Captain Picard Day :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    dmastersondmasterson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're claiming with a straight face that lifers and golds are the only one paying money into a game with a cash store.

If you honestly believe a word of that, I have some oceanfront property you can buy off me in Arizona.

Next time you feel like "pointing something out", ask yourself if you've actually thought this through.

You're right. I was too abrupt in my comment. What I meant to say is this: Lifers and Golds are the only ones paying MEANINGFULLY into the game. We're reliable. We're regular. Lifers either already paid a chunk (and probably more at the ZEN store too) or the subscription people usually keep it up or are at least predictable in the percentages of repeat/loss (as well as the ZEN thing again)

Those of you that a) don't subscribe and never have and b) use the 'grandma gave me a 20 dollar bill for my birthday, so I can get ZEN' method of chipping in: They don't, won't and never will care about your wait time in the queue.

That being said I DO feel the need to complain, as I have seen some others do, that dropping servers at prime-time? Someone afraid to pony up for the late night overtime-pay?
This discussion has been closed.