Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (May 22, 2013 - 5:30PM - 7PM PDT) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nierion wrote: »
    Wow, again? I truly hope Cryptic learn from this, but I doubt it. They didn't learn from the hundreds of times before, hence a lack of multiple servers without running everything on one system.

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_(database_architecture)

not one server, many combined...the only problem is the try to power them all with one poor hamster
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    danqueller wrote: »
    Sigh....I get to queue number 650 after an hour waiting, and they do this.

Guess it's another night without STO.

Bravo.

So glad I did NOT buy a legacy pack and the lifetime membership. :cool:
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will you guys fix the loading screen bug? I can't get to my romulan at all! :(
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Update! ETA for emergency maintenance completion has been lowered from 2 hours to 1.5 hours. It still starts in 14 minutes from now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot... 0.5 hour less maintenance... that's an extra half an hour to sit in the queue right? OR are they fixing that issue????
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And was almost in after in queue for an hour. Oh well, to Neverwinter I go! Well, for the next 1.5 hours, anyways. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So great this. just waited the last 1 hour and 30 minutes to get online from a queue of 17000 people and 5 minutes after getting on this shows up "Attention Captains: The shard will be coming down for maintenance in 15 minutes. Thank you for playing Star Trek Online" pefectic on so many levels. :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    kamenridersaswordkamenridersasword Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can ya at least hook up another server while you are at it? The queue are killing us, literally in some cases maybe
  • Options
    malnificentmalnificent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like STO ... a lot.

It's what I've primarily played exclusively since coming back following my brother joining just after F2P conversion last year.

I enjoyed much of Season 7 and I've looked forward to LOR ... but, I will admit I'm downloading DCUO right now and am considering giving LOTRO a go too. Hell I just might fire up WoW for a month just for kicks (haven't been on in over 2 years).

I have no desire to start a new MMO, F2P, P2P or whatever. I do have a desire to play something.

I'm OK waiting in the queue so long as it moves along, doesn't keep dropping me and resetting my place and ... eventually lets me in.

If not, the simple fact is I'm looking into other things if only to see what's out there while I wait for STO to sort itself. MWO anyone?
  • Options
    towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cdpbs wrote: »
    ....aaaand the undeletable ingamemails
    ....aaaaand the unfinishable Red-Alert thing
    XDD

by the way....its possibly a good Idea to unlock the Chat into the Queue...So we can share our Pain meanwhile^^
    ^- This please...
  • Options
    requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    >.> <.<

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

:D

seriously I don't mind the downtime so long as stuff gets fixed and improved. I just hope I am able to play tonight.
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't say I am surprised, having been here for all of the other seasons, patches, etc.

The fact I could get the update last night was shocking. I expected it to be at least Friday before I could log in and play.

Hope this one works, good luck.

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=699741

I'll update the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact that, besides the blurb in the header, they aren't directly addressing the queue situation or explaining how they're going to fix it, is almost as maddening as the queue itself.

Whatever you do PWE/Cryptic don't make a stupid "Tribble in the Server" joke, it makes it seem like you're not taking it seriously, let us make the jokes, you just make the game work.
  • Options
    preasidiumpreasidium Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting frustrated with this, either server gets getting shut down or cant log on because too many people. Get it fixed and get another server to handle the quantity of people! my rant is over thank you
  • Options
    born9born9 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did anyone else not be able to buy Zen from the store?
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch notes can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=699741

I'll update the OP.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

From the notes "Made improvements for general server stability."

Well theres the death nell.. EVERY time those words are uttered Bran... Every time....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update! ETA for emergency maintenance completion has been lowered from 2 hours to 1.5 hours. It still starts in 14 minutes from now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So... Nothing being done about queues?
  • Options
    mcghiey13mcghiey13 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in the middle of peak playing time, nice... good job
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What i've played so far was spectacular and well kind of dressed Tovan to be like my spock LOL. The shoulder bag was a nice touch to simulate the TOS tricorder.

So glad i got the Lifetime Sub and well it really loosens the game up now the F2Pers are out and what do you know the spam is lessened too.

I may like this Queue, getting back to STO's roots.

Please don't be long. I have Khitomer to see. So far.....my favorite boff is Havex (engineer) which is what i renamed him.

That repeater pistol in the dillithuim store reminds me the 1313 blaster in the gameplay trailor.

Worthy of Han Solo, i mean Romulan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the quenes will last thru the weekend at least because of the number of people wanting to see lor it be like monday before we see anybody logging in without any quenes. but the 2 hour wait is too long to wait thou. and the server been down as much as the previous couple of weeks before lor was launched on holodeck
  • Options
    killgore3232killgore3232 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sooo, just got home from work and sit down to play a bit. #20656 in line to play. Thankfully the wait time wasn't too long, only about 25 minutes to get in and try out my newly created Rommie. I get in, watch the intro video, and gain control of my character only to get the 5 minute warning. WTF???
  • Options
    vormarionvormarion Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst expansion ever!!!

Content = INCREDIBLE!!!

Execution = POO!!!
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So looking at the patch notes, I notice...Automagically.

WIZARDS...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    pel2pel2 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come one Devs Get you (BLEEP ) together I hardly complain !!! but this is just gettin (BLEEPIN) NutS 3 times in under 24 hrs !!!! (BleeP)!!!!!
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no ingame warning for this ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    mazel76mazel76 Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    Bran,

I'm going to be totally honest with you, Since I've started this game over 2 yrs ago, I'm not your biggest fan. I've always said you need to inform the players more. So I just want to say thank you for the information you have been giving out as of late. I still believe PWE needs to inform there customers more on what is being patched/fixed ingame. Plz keep the information flowing, We as the Players/Customers look forawrd to being kept in the loop.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There was a 30 and 5 minute warning that I saw.

I needed like 2 minutes to finish the mission I was on. Oh well.

Also, no fix for the mail system?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    rustysurfingrustysurfing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'll say this. the 3 minutes i got to play i liked the improved graphics.

that being said not worth 4.5 hours of waiting to get kicked for maintenance (should be called repairs, as maintenance implies you had it right to begin with and now you are upkeeping.)

i maintain my previous statement. fn hell.
This discussion has been closed.