test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    captainneicaptainnei Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    8464 now... Started at around 14.000 position. It's been over half an hour...

Oh and to the FAQ guy... Que is a word. Just not an English word.

"Que passa? Fila para entrar en el servidor."

Maybe I can stream something as I am sure I won't be playong for the next 30 minutes....

EDIT: Maint in 30 minutes? Sure explains why I moved 2000 positions in 3 minutes. People are giving up...
  • Options
    innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the hell perfect world entertainment , almost 2 hrs que time , and you guys rack in thousands of dollars a month , wait mabye even more then that so what the hell with this que BS.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First: Talk to me with more respect.

Second: There is a EULA, but no contract goes above current law.

Third: Cryptic/PW didn't specified a SLA in the EULA.

And... seems they are trying to force us in buying a Gold SB or LTS.

First: I will talk to you with respect when you earn it.

Second: There is no law that governs this.

Third: It is there, you just didn't look.

And finally, no-one is forcing you to do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    andrew0182andrew0182 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PLEASEEEEEE DO AN EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN AND GET SOME NEW SERVERS

I'm not doing another que i can just go play wow instantly like i did a few hour ago.
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over 260 pages,2600 replies,80.000 views...

Welcome to Star Forum Online!
  • Options
    cajunxroadscajunxroads Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the big Patch of 05/21/2013 I've spent more time downloading patches, then verifying patches that crash and the re-verify and then crash again. BUT once I got through that the game never started for me and I wound up re-downloading the game and doing the patch for 14 hours (I've got very high rate for the internet).

Then when all this get's taken care of the I get into the Login Queue. I have spent more time in the loading queue than I've spent in the game. Actually the login queue has been running for 60-80% of my game time. You get into the game for a short bit of time and then get kicked off the server and log back in and get back to the queue and get down to where you are less than 15 and get kicked out of the queue and have to log back in to get back into the queue.

If I did not know any better I would think that BigPoint took over this game (no insult intended but it is what it is), specially when you are in the queue for over 50 minutes and I am still 9250 out of 12532. When I started I was 15987 out of 19987.
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance? Pssh... Well I guess I wont be playin on my Rommy tonight.. erm.. this morning even... Is it to fix queues?
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So they merged all the "login queue" threads....most likely to avoid the HUGE PR PROBLEM this is creating for them. :-\

TRIBBLE this - PWE isn't getting another dime from me, much less the LTS I was considering...
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well Cryptic, already All over the Net and gamer boards it already being posted about how much of an epic failure the expansion has been! You will never be able to recover from that. Oh yes, you will keep your old player base, but the new ones will go else ware. Why? Because there are many other games you are competing with, and there are no queues! Not waiting and they will get what they paid for. New players will not pay for or stick around to spend money on your game if they have to wait in line, THEY SIMPLEY JUST WILL NOT! In this day and age everyone wants every thing in a instant, And they get it too on there cell phones, and any mobile devices they might use. Now here you guys come a long and charge them a $124.00 make big claims and promises (That you knew you could not keep I Might add) and them tell them THANKS FOR THE MONEY but now you have to wait 2 hours or more just to log in! Well sorry but that is a epic failure! It will actually go down in gaming history! In fact this lunch has been brought to the desk of the editor of Pc gamer magazine, and I would not be surprised if this ends up in there reviews. If it does and many people read about this epic failure, you all might want to polish off your resumes. Because if you don't have players, there not spending money, and if there not spending money, there is no pay check. Simple as that. So tell that to the Cheep TRIBBLE that did not want to spend any money on new servers and said that " It will be ok". well its not! I feel sorry for the admins and game coders, THE BEAN COUNTERS SCREWED YOU AGAIN!

Oh... and yes I do a lot of gaming reviews, side freelance, and I am sorry, but my review of this launch will have to be submitted as a epic failure!
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You wont beleave it!!!!!! i've just got on after being in a 16000 q and now they are bringing the shard down in 30 minutes!!!!!!! This is a total joke and there will be a Q but a Q of totaly unsatisfied loyal customers who will leave this game due to a team that hasnt got a clue about running a MMO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    epicmaster200epicmaster200 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thinking that this Official Queue Thread has over 2680 responses don't you think it is time to fix the problem cryptic?????
    ***Warning***
    This Post May Cause damage to unEPIC people...
    If you have trouble while reading this post. You are not EPIC enough to read it.

• Options
    cr4ckf0xcr4ckf0x Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is really taking the pi$$, I mean I don't even want to play as the blimmin Romulans yet! You go out your way to bring in new players (which is a wonderful thing in anyone's book) BUT don't ensure you can handle the influx, nevermind fix any bugs that were evident in the beta... Good work!
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a dumb question i know lifers and such go to front of the line. but does the games kick people so subbers can get in? if so i think that wrong
  • Options
    giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those of you waiting to get in DO NOT BOTHER!!!!

i JUST got in and the servers are going down in 30mins for maintenance....

The straw that broke the camel's back.
    Greenbird
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I needed to switch characters to mail something.

I didnt mind the hour wait. Really I didnt.

But when I got to the loading I am met with server not responding.

Since I am now STUCK on this, my only option is to either wait or close the game from my desktop and start the entire process over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    badland101badland101 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

A short queue? 15,321 of 15,339... That's not short. After ten minutes it is 15,296 of 17,820.

Last night after waiting almost two hours for the emergency maintenance to complete, I finally did get to make a new character only to be put in a queue to login. I have yet to be able to even play my Fed or Klingon characters from before the expansion.

SO even if this is the best ever update, I CAN NOT PLAY!!!!
  • Options
    joshuar702joshuar702 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a place in game where I can buy premium ships?
  • Options
    demonicon2222demonicon2222 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic wrote:
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 27 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for general performance improvements, as well as fixing a bug with Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills. Patch notes incoming shortly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=10244631#post10244631
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First: Talk to me with more respect.

Second: There is a EULA, but no contract goes above current law.

Third: Cryptic/PW didn't specified a SLA in the EULA.

And... seems they are trying to force us in buying a Gold SB or LTS.

Reading comprehension, it's a thing now.

18. Interruption of Service

• (a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    • (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    • (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    • (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).

I would highlight the relevant parts, but the whole thing is relevant.
    Source: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Go read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    nathanhunternathanhunter Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not for a couple hours there isn't
  • Options
    jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i spent quite a bit on zen the last few months. not a dime more till there is no queues for me.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is like the Woodstock of 1st world problems.

Still better than Third World Problems.....;)
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure ,

Wash rise and repeat Cryptic & PWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we know who is the real boss, the cheep TRIBBLE Bean counters!
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe I can get lucky again and slip in under the queue once the emergency maintenance is done.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance again? Funny it was exactly the same time last night. Not that I can actually get in since its currently not worth the effort.

Given all the current strife I think I know how Khan would best describe the situation.

You players are in a position to demand nothing. Cryptic Studios on the other hand are in position to grant nothing. What you see is all that remains of the Star Trek Online community marooned on these forums May 2013 by Legacy of Romulus update.

:D Sorry but if I take any of this stuff too seriously it will send me completely round the twist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    lordhallslordhalls Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was going to start playing this game again but it is a wast of time. Huge log in ques?? really!!!!! FIX IT. I was going to buy the founders pack. Not going to wast my cash on this. Thank you for what was a great game. Good luck.
  • Options
    rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsaber wrote: »
    epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure , epic failure ,

Wash rise and repeat Cryptic & PWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now we know who is the real boss, the cheep TRIBBLE Bean counters!

Welcome to the world of modern business. This is the kind of thing I have to deal with every day at work. Now I get to deal with it here.

Oh well, at least my chair is comfy and I don't have to put up my coworkers :cool:
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • Options
    dozingdawgdozingdawg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fan rag building....

Can't stop the beast of.... rag...

It most get ou..... AAHHHH.

Ok I'm good now.
    Quityerbellyachin'