test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I waited in a Q for god knows how long and over 16000 plus and then i get on only to see the shard going down in 30 mins!!!!! I mean what a joke!!! Dont bother anyone as its now down!!! Emergency maintenance? You have had three major events to learn from yet you are struggleing to cope!!! Do STO a favor and bring some fresh blood into the team because you fail to deliver every time!!!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well the shard is coming down. Hopefully they'll resolve this stuff once and for all.....

Or if the cynics are correct, hopefully they've gotten what they needed out of the waiting and we can resume business as usual :D
    sogetes wrote: »
    Hmmzz...why is there so many guns and TRIBBLE in your photobucket? :eek:

Cause he's awesome.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got to play, only for them to take down the servers for "shard maintenance".

I guess I will have to set my clock to get up at six A.M. local time, just to get any gaming in.

To hell with this. I'm calling it a day. :rolleyes:
  • peja1389peja1389 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it's time you have more than one live server (not including the Tribble test server).

It is apparent that with all the recent log in ques, that you guys need to setup a new server. other F2P games have 10 or more servers. Granted, this is a good problem to have right now as it means the game population is increasing, but I believe Perfectworld underestimated the popularity of the game and the Star Trek franchise considering that the expansion was released 4 days after the new movie.

I understand i'm F2P players and some would argue that I don't have a right to complain about the login ques, but in my defense, in the last 2 months I spent over $100 in ZEN and expansion upgrades.
    cptvanor wrote: »
    Considering all the posts about lag, and stuff not updating properly... I'd say that would be a massively bad idea.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 90 minutes in the queue from 21000, got to play about 45 minutes.

I'm actually not annoyed. I managed to get in and do what I wanted to get done in that time.

I usually do my grinding earlier in the day.

Hopefully they're gonna wrap this queue stuff or at least make it more manageable.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    Starting in 2 min there will be NO more Q's!!!

Of course the game will be offline - but still.

LMFAOO yeah no qeue is right. but we didnt have a qeue before last nights emergency mainanence either then server goes up and 20k within an hour.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • admiralwolfadmiralwolf Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    I want to clarify this.I have spent over $400 in Zen more so than a lifetime sub has spent.What makes them so special than rhose who have spent Zen on other PW games.I have spent a lot in PWI.I knew both eatwithpsoons and frankieraye really well Dvorak.

I have spent over $400+ just to be considered a no one.

What makes them so special afterall this is PW game not Cyrptic game.

Don't delete this post as I want some answers being PW customer for 5 years now.

Speaking directly to this statement : What makes them so special afterall this is PW game not Cyrptic game."

Dude, you are stunningly, absolutely CLUELESS. STO was in existence for 3+ YEARS before PWE became involved in the game. ROFL

Further, it wasn't until AFTER PWE's involvement in STO that we ever saw even one server freeze or disconnect.

Earth to clueless, Earth to clueless....come in clueless!
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got to play, only for them to take down the servers for "shard maintenance".

I guess I will have to set my clock to get up at six A.M. local time, just to get any gaming in.

To hell with this. I'm calling it a day. :rolleyes:

Pretty much how my experience went. A couple hours in the queue, and about 35 minutes in game. I got a costume edited, then got most of the way (I think) through a mission, and that's all folks.

Oh well.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q finally showed all of us what life in the continum was like, its boring and long
  • r3s1stanc34tl3r3s1stanc34tl3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got logged in just to be logged out for server maintenance.

Awesome upgrade!
  • rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q finally showed all of us what life in the continum was like, its boring and long

At least he could TRIBBLE around with Picard when he got really bored though.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love how a lot of people are quoting Brans post about 'Short queue this morning' then b****ing, lol - Is anyone actually looking at the date of that post? It's like from way back in January, it aint nothing new that was posted recently.
  • turbografix16turbografix16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***Resolved Issues***

"Login failed for unknown reason" error
    Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
    Slow patching in the launcher
    A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally

Um...no you didn't. Mine still couldn't select skills prior to the most recent server breakdown.
  • snowmane2snowmane2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I got a good few hours in this afternoon tbf. There was still a queue but it didn't go above 2000 at any time and max waiting was about 10 mins.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am sure this has been said already but.........remember when Stahl predicted there WOULDN'T be queues?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • projectgigprojectgig Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the fellow posts. There has to be something done with the queues. I'm in the military, so its hard to wait all day to play, but when i get home and finally get set up to play, there's a 16000 queue wait and the game logs me out in an hour of non use. So I have to keep the game up and running on my screen with occasional taps of the mouse to keep it awake. Then, when I finally get in, game has an emergency shutdown of the servers for maintenance? Come on Perfect World!
    I agree with the other Captains and open more servers. That helps the problem almost immediately. Then, give Captains the option to change between servers for their teams and fleets to meet up in. That helps not only the gold and lifetime members, but the F2P players as well. And I understand giving paid members better rewards. Thats a great thing for them, coming from a F2P member, but Perfect World has got to allow for more servers to accomodate the increase in players. Even so much as three servers would help. A Lifetime server, A gold Server, and a F2P server (or servers, since F2P does have more players than paid).
    Overall, Perfect World needs to make more servers for the influx of players and over time they would increase their profits over time rather than "get it up and out fast" ideal of business.
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a f2p player....how ever i have put 200$ in zen since feb. so i am not equal to others? TRIBBLE that. i can get more sunshine and drop this TRIBBLE
  • silverdovesilverdove Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    went to log in earlier and was 13540 of 13540.. might need to upgrade the server cap.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking directly to this statement : What makes them so special afterall this is PW game not Cyrptic game."

Dude, you are stunningly, absolutely CLUELESS. STO was in existence for 3+ YEARS before PWE became involved in the game. ROFL

Further, it wasn't until AFTER PWE's involvement in STO that we ever saw even one server freeze or disconnect.

Earth to clueless, Earth to clueless....come in clueless!

You are the one who is being clueless if it wasn't for PWE this game wouldn't be here.PWI was around way before STO.I am an official STO closed beta testor.You don't even know what you are talking about.

I asked question to what makes those former sub special since those of use dumped over $300 of zen into this game.This souds like discrimination of those who are free which is about 98% of the players.I ask branflakes him self for an explanation.

This isn't about me it is for all those who are free to play player as we are the oe keeping this game running not those gold,sliver or lifers.It is the ftp player that keep this game alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
    edited May 2013
    eviax wrote: »
    Just checkout some gameblogs.

They r laughing to us,Cryptic and PWE...

I don't know what u think guys but this is goin really legend epic fail on MMO history...

Yup, PWE/Cryptic continues to make themselves look like incredible incompetents; in the eyes of the world's gaming community. It's a sad day for STO, which comes on the heels of a long period of repetitious server freezes and disconnects that had already often made STO completely unplayable.

As for "legend epic fail"...;to quote, the true failure is the complete and absolute crash and lockup of the system/game due primarily to 1) lack of proper coding and testing thereof prior to being activated in the Holodeck shard 2) an absolute failure to make use of current player census data to prepare for the numbers of players who would attempt access to STO 3) a complete failure to provide sufficient server(s) access/available medium to meet with easily predictable system's demands being made....etc, etc.

The truly "epic failure" however, when added to the initial extremely poor planning and execution of "The Legacy...", includes PWE/Cryptic's complete inability to diagnose and correct the problems quickly. Tonight, yet another "emergency" system's shutdown for 2+ hours; during day 2 of the Legacy..., did away with the player login queing, but in no way resolved the ongoing server freezes and disconnects. Three times; in quick succession, I signed on, the servers froze and soon thereafter disconnected me. Personal non-STO emails now confirm several old STO friends; like myself, are also completely unable to access STO....being immediately locked-up after login, and quickly disconnected.

The "emergency" system's shutdown managed to rid us of that foolish login queue, but in no way resolved the true and underlying problems that have and no doubt will, continue to plague us all for weeks; if not months to come.

At best, STO is now completely unplayable and at worst, has become the laughingstock among the MMO player communities of the world. (yes, indeed I have been reading the blogs to which you've referred)

Our combined experiences during the past year or so; given the almost daily multiple and repetitious server freezes and disconnects, strongly suggest the need to brace ourselves and accept this unending incompetency will reign supreme in STO for a very long time to come.
    edited May 2013
    You are the one who is being clueless if it wasn't for PWE this game wouldn't be here.PWI was around way before STO.I am an official STO closed beta testor.You don't even know what you are talking about.

I asked question to what makes those former sub special since those of use dumped over $300 of zen into this game.This souds like discrimination of those who are free which is about 98% of the players.I ask branflakes him self for an explanation.

This isn't about me it is for all those who are free to play player as we are the oe keeping this game running not those gold,sliver or lifers.It is the ftp player that keep this game alive.

Once again you display a complete absence of both intellect and common sense....this time adding in a complete lack of honesty.

Regardless of how long "PWE" (NOT PWI by the way) was "around"....(within the world's gaming community)....STO and PWE did NOT become affiliated until mid-2012. STO Beta was initiated in November of 2009 and went live via Holodeck in early (February) 2010.

Your foolish assertion "if it wasn't for PWE this game wouldn't be here" is CLUELESS, dishonest and greatly misleading. STO existed long before it's association with Imperfect World and will remain after PWE "leaves". Many are the powerbrokers in the gaming community whom would love to be a part of the Star Trek legacy... PWE is NOT what keeps STO alive and NEVER has been. As I've already indicated, you are stunningly CLUELESS about the FACTS.

As for you're (now) being "an official STO closed beta testor"....your continued extremely poor spelling and grammar aside, you were NOT there in Beta in 2009...nor does you're being a participant in Beta today, make you an authority of any kind.

It's you who is absolutely unable to speak to the facts; either accurately or truthfully... Yes, I DO know what I'm talking about and as proven by your immense display of an absolute lack of knowledge regarding STO's existence long before it's association with PWE, once again you've only made yourself look more foolish than you did before. LMAO
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Your arrogant assumption that Lifetime/Gold Subscribers do not put money into the game just shows that you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face.

It might also be worth noting that if you are going to lie, it may be best not to provide a link to the proof of said lie in your own forum sig.

http://www.startrek-gamers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=65773&highlight=#65773
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HEY. @admiralwolf & @age03
    Why, as a lifetimer do I have a login queue?
    In actuality, the op was answered in the first page. Then the forum mods decided to merge all the other login que threads into this one... where the op that doesnt match up to the title or the other threads. Convenient? Depends if you like being misdirected by people :P

Although both your walls of texts do have -some- connections to the OP thread 'topic' at hand, your 'conversation' with one another looks to be spiraling towards another direction. Not too far from possible ego injuring and name calling masked by civil 'fact-finding'

Kindly take your discussion of chicken/egg to another thread and stop derailing the thread.

It's not about you guys,

It's about RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE! Whatever it chooses to name itself :P

Raaaawr Flames fire flambe! Better servers for all! Viva la resitance! Chaaaange! *bumper sticker motto coming soon with your choice of Klingon Red, Romulan Green, or Federation Blue.*

Back to the Horrible Server Raging :) Because let's be honest, the Official Thread Title so does not match up to the OP.

The FACT is, Lifetimers, Golds, Silvers... we are all players, and as players we are all being royally screwed by the powers that be. :)
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still stuck in that Server Not Responding error with my main character !!! This character is holding all my EC's, Diltihium, items saved for the LoR and more !!! LIBERATE IT NOW !!!!
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Still stuck in that Server Not Responding error with my main character !!! This character is holding all my EC's, Diltihium, items saved for the LoR and more !!! LIBERATE IT NOW !!!!

Wrong thread my good Sir/Madam, try looking in this one instead http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=700041 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • vrana7vrana7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We did have a short queue today due to so many players logging in to play, but players were getting in fairly quickly. Gold members (LTS and subs) have Priority Login, so while you were in a queue, you were placed in the front.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    For how long is going to be queue?
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emtezero wrote: »
    Just to let you know Cryptic team:

I can understand logic of login queues. there is nothing wrong with them. But if you ever think of introducing "premium" ways to obey those queues i will simply find another game to spend my money. Nothing makes me more angry than greedy developers calling games free2play when they should be named pay2login.

thanks for paying attention to this post.

That's a fascinating concept. A F2P game making a defacto conversion back to a subscription model because it is so popular that alot of people subscribe to get priority log-in.

I'd love to see that happen.
  • vermiskyvermisky Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jermbot wrote: »
    That's a fascinating concept. A F2P game making a defacto conversion back to a subscription model because it is so popular that alot of people subscribe to get priority log-in.

I'd love to see that happen.

It would be an unprecedented event for sure.
    Silest :: Sage Venomancer :: retired
    SamaraKnight :: Sage Seeker :: retired
  • malveriusmalverius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahem, seriously, is there any new about when the queues will become something you can deal with? I mean, no more than 5 minutes?
    I don't think anyone will play frequently to this game, otherwise...
    Please don't let me read back all the topic! :)
  • sknelson3sknelson3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just wanted to tell everyone that it seem Cryptic has fixed the queue problem as of last night. at 10 pm CST, i got in without having to wait at all. I just tried again now with no wait time. I am f2p player that has spent ore than a grand since joining this January. All seems to be good now.

Thanks Cryptic for making an awesome game even better and for fixing the queue issue!

Net :D