test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• hellzcatzbrhellzcatzbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that people in-game are already avoiding at all cost to disconnect to avoid the queue. Just read some comentaries about this on this forum. This is also incresing the queue size.

I agree we should have some time to get back on disconnection, but I would make a more complex suggestion:

1. Give a 2 minute time on disconnection before throwing back on queue.
    2. Make the queue BEFORE you connected to your character roster: let people change characters if they want. Is very annoying to change a character and be surprised by a new queue.
    3. Limit the amount of time players have to the game at every log on. I.E.: After 2 hours you will get disconnected. (2 hours is just an example).
  • grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened? I like the changes but the queue is crazy. Yesterday it took 2 hours to log on, today its 16,000 of 22,000. I have been playing for several months and never ran into a queue, cant wait 2 or 3 hours for one character and then wait another 2 or 3 hours for another. Did they shut down a server, give priority to gold and silver members, what?
  • wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andyvh501 wrote: »
    I let my monthly sub run out while i considered a lfetime but hell with the queue i may reconsider completly

Its probably what they want you to do. :| Didn't make enough money off Legacy pack maybe. ;p
  • captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, spent two hours in the queue, made it up to around 670ish out 21000. Then timed out connecting to gameserver. Back in queue
    I hate you so ****ing much right now, STO. Not having adequate servers because the playerbase will eventually even back out is a pretty defeatist ****ing attitude. One could theorize that the playerbase goes back down because potential new players think the server problems are commonplace, and then they never login again.

"We are aware there is a queue to log in at this time. We are working to get you in-game as soon as possible." Go **** yourself
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    andyvh501 wrote: »
    I let my monthly sub run out while i considered a lfetime but hell with the queue i may reconsider completly

read what is being put if you are a lifetimer you will go straight to the front that is why every now and then you see your numbers go up instead of down
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would anyone like to purchase a photo of themselves riding the line ride?

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • wbgron1wbgron1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jolan tru Captain!

Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!

If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.)
    (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)

I'm colour blind!!
  • panamppanamp Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even if i want to switch characters i go back to the login queue. This makes the Game unplayable for me. I was really happy when Cryptic finally introduced a "switch character" option after 2 years, and now this.
  • sutton12sutton12 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is just ridiculous. Queues keep getting longer and longer. People - Gold and Silver alike - spend enough money on this game. If people are not able to play you annoy them. This does not entice people to upgrade their accounts. Get some extra servers in your farm already...
  • kingofpikachukingofpikachu Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What does that have to do will this long log-in queue?
  • kane2007kane2007 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im at 11708 25000 4hours waiting so far
  • kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just want to say somethign else; probally no one reading my post anyways before i go play half life;

I was 20 something K in line.. FTP I'm afraid.. point is.. I've been going up up up not down down down that means LTS and Golds and all that are trying to get on.. not even enough for them to play the game.. they (who ever owns this game; cryptic, perfect world or what ever.. have a problem.
  • vilkangvilkang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL started at 24179

welcome to mmo gaming
    maybe Im wrong but I bet the biggest complainers here don't even give PWE a penny
    Im not a premium suber but I think they are the ones that should be pissed off.
  • mustakyymustakyy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wohoo, your queue position is 24682 out of 24784. Ok, 10mins of tv and back to see the progress... 23870 out of 24254.
    I guess my DOF's didnt wanna work overnight.
  • nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    21000 out of 260000, yeah. maybe i get back to this game about a mounbth from now. great job, i guess cryptic dosent need it's players.
    edited May 2013
    d8kota wrote: »
    Just want to say somethign else; probally no one reading my post anyways before i go play half life;

I was 20 something K in line.. FTP I'm afraid.. point is.. I've been going up up up not down down down that means LTS and Golds and all that are trying to get on.. not even enough for them to play the game.. they have a problem.

I've been steadily going down. 45 minutes from 21k to 17.5k
  • kane2007kane2007 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    don't think ill be playing tonight as ive been in que now 4 hours I started at 25k am down to 11k
  • bumpy3bumpy3 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all who are stuck and can't get in. Welcome to the abuss.......... We as non paying memebers mean very little to the gods. Pay to play, just wish they were honest about it. We don't pay, we don't play. It is really just that simple.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would anyone like to purchase a photo of themselves riding the line ride?
    http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/funny-splash-mountain-no-emotion.jpg
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • rhogenrhogen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a little ridiculous... a login queue, which I have never encountered before, of 24000?? In the middle of the day on a Wednesday!? Seriously....

I would say you need more servers or the ability to add more players... Or is this a F2P tactic?
  • illideshillidesh Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am currently 22118 out of 24633.

I believe I should be considered a silver player.

It feels like this queue is being done to drive sales for subscription and the lifetime membership sale.

Something similar was done for Neverwinter at first.

Ultimately, this queue is just going to give incentive to wait to play till it goes back to how things were. Rather than put money into the game I have to wait to play.
  • mikediggermikedigger Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes you are right cryptic should go and f*** themselves,but trust me they will get fu**ed. That expansion did cost time and money and yes 80 to 90 % of the players who got attracted by that expansion will be lost forever so will be for some time some older players who sit the next 2 weeks out and they definitely lost a lot of people who were consideiring the life time membership. Overall they will lose money and heads will roll. Just hope they publish the name of the fired people so that no one ever hires them.

By the way 23115 out of 25676 after i waited two hours to get in i got a server disconnect. Guess the server stability update works as intented
  • millacanomillacano Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well 22744 of 20749.. may take me a while to play gonna go watch some junk and try later on
    "I don't care What Spock said Han shot first"
    edited May 2013
    Can I pretend to be a life-timer and bump to the front of the line for the roller coaster? Like.. put on a hard hat and carry a tool belt and pretend I'm here to fix some stuff.. oh wait. Fix stuff, that'll get me mobbed and killed by the other 25 thousand people in the queue. NVM CARRY ON.
  • heatguardheatguard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started back at 2:30 est at 15180 out of 15189, now at 559 out of 24606. and as I near my time to finally get into the game a thought occurred to me, I can not remember what character I'm on now.....
  • logresslogress Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the last year I have spent roughly ?300-?400 for ships, keys ect. Considering the day one f*** up and that on day two i'm 22902 in the queue to login to a game im not sure will even play when I get to 1 in the queue don't think I'm going to get my lifetime mebership as I had planned.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What does that have to do will this long log-in queue?
    you then can increase the number that you can allow to play at once.....

now at 14744 of over 24773 ...when i first tried it was 2800 queue at least i know when to start this forever wait. AND IM NOT TELLING....
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am both EU and Gold player (no lifer).
    I can honestly say that for the last 11 hours I have been able to come and go as I pleased and only had 1s that I had to wait in a queue after switching characters.

In the past I read many write about only taking one month sub for the extras and then TRIBBLE the gold sub, well I am happy I kept it... Also I intend to keep it untill the day coms that I will no longer be playing the game.

And if some consider the following remark elitism I dont care...
    I am in favor of Gold going before Silver... Paying 15 euro to be in a 2 hour queue is BS.
    I am happy that for devs P2P is still more important the F2P !!!
  • colonelsinkcolonelsink Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been que'd for almost 5 hours. I was 12859/20678 then i checked and i was 56/25986 and got all excited i was finally gonna get to play.......then it went back up to 3056/26345 . I'm no expert but aren't you suposed to be getting closer to login than farther?
    I've been that guy saying be patient, but honestly i'm about to rage a bit.
  • srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The way the queue works is as follows.

if there are 1000 people in the queue and 500 of them are free players then you (for this example you are gold) get placed at 499 instead of 1001.
    There is more to it then that but that is the basics.

it is queue priority not bypass