test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in last nigh only to be loged out for mantince. wake up and find out they havent fixed the que issue
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Over the last 2.5 years I've EASILY spent $1,000 on this game.

2. ALL MMO's have slowdown during big updates/expansions. It ALWAYS happens. Happened with FFXI, happens on WoW, pretty sure it happens on EVE too (Though not to any extraordinary level I'm told).

Only difference with those games is that we talk about a multiplier of 10 or 100 or even 1000 on the ammount of players on those games , especially wow. Wow would not have any issues with the ammount of players that are currently trying to play the game.

I am also on of those that paid over 1000 Euro on this game. I bought it , i didnt take life sub , so in the end i paid more on monthly subs then when i took life sub , bought from c-store etc etc.

People that have subs have the right to play , seeing that people with subs even have to wait , it is bad , wether there is an influx or not. You do not attract staying customers if the customers cannot even get into your game. And again seeing subs have to wait as wel, they might even cancel it as they pay and cant enjoy what they are paying for.
  • knightvaneknightvane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    milner62 wrote: »
    I've sunk atleast $100 into this game as well. I just tried to get in and I was at the end of a que of over 1,100 waiting to get in. I just simply pulled the plug as I have some time to play now, not in an hour or two when I will be doing something else.

The whole point of a game is to be there when you are able to play otherwise you cant play it and if you cant play it then you dont spend money nor keep it installed. I havent spent money on this game in over 5 months and I refuse to drop another cent in this game cause this is unacceptable as I have a busy schedule and I wasted all day yesterday due to their botched release and now today I got about an hour I can play and cant as I am at the end of a 1,100 que of waiting players. I did this yesterday and I refuse to sit in a que get in and get booted and have to do it all over again.

Okay well if you don't have time to wait in a que then you don't have time for games. Seriously everyone has little time to play I am in a medical school program, trust me you think your stress is worst then mine try taking your work home when you then cry. You play when you can and your money being thrown around is pety if its that devestating then you need that money more then this company. If you want a real threat buy some share in thier company then bring your wallet into it. I've spent 100 on i can't tell you how many meals, they were slow I kept my mouth shut because I learned respect and patience at an early age. I imagine you are much older then I am so that makes that even more embarrasing to hear an adult who has the patience of a 10 year old.
  • ab1t0rab1t0r Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol waited 30 min to get in game, then boom I get a dc after 20 min of playing and am now back in the que :mad:
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SWTOR did the former and wound up with a bunch of empty servers/shards once the initial high numbers slacked off, leading to bad queues and an eventual server merge.

STO tends to go the latter course and we have a couple of days of crappy server performance and then back to business as usual.
    In other words, the game is actually slowly dying and they know it, and outside of a few incidents of rubbernecking, the population isn't increasing, because if it were, they'd need that extra horsepower anyway. So rather than expanding space to deal with increased growth, they're going to wait it out because they know there isn't going to be any, despite their public claims to the contrary.

This is an entirely reasonable position to take. It is also a strong vote of no confidence from the insiders themselves. Combined with the LTS "sale", it becomes clear that they're trying to sell tickets on a sinking ship.

Think about that when you consider your LTS purchase: Cryptic, by their own actions, admits this game is dying. Perhaps slowly, but dying nonetheless. They may claim otherwise, but actions speak louder than words, and a non-expansionistic policy is a demonstration that they are planning for slow death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • locutus1994locutus1994 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why am I in a queue when I'm a monthly subscriber?

Ok you're a monthly subscriber but the server is the same for everyone, I guess
  • aspirynaaspiryna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    O M G

It is first time for me to see such queue...

stokolejkalekgacyofromu.jpg
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ab1t0r wrote: »
    lol waited 30 min to get in game, then boom I get a dc after 20 min of playing and am now back in the que :mad:

Like you get, in find out my duty oficers have been reoved from duty have to figure out which were where and sort out my bar do one pve and then.. ERROR!

Now doing crappy verify where nothing be wrong followed by a que.
  • locutus1994locutus1994 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite ridicolous. What the hell are they waiting to update server's capacity?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic will increase server capacity in their games the day pigs begin to grow wings and fly into space, becoming space pigs.
  • fraosius15fraosius15 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, I just love you, Cryptic....
    I was waiting 1 hour for log in, and then, when it loads the Romulan tutorial, game crashes... :mad: :confused:.... I?m just disappointed. And the loooong login queue is very good, too. Please fix that.
  • stilletojoestilletojoe Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixonium wrote: »
    You are one of a great many people eager to play.
    ... yeah, I got in barely got anything done, got booted and am now back in queue 6K deep, at least... :mad:
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting booted now. Then after a queue I get booted again after 5 or so minutes.

Awesome!! Way to suck, Cryptic!!
  • thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL
    The message should read (errors are colored in red):

"We're sorry, but the game servers are IS currently full and there is a queue to start playing. Your queue position is 5513 out of 6556.

When this message disappears, you will be logged in."

After the text, there should be : "... and then disconnected."
  • gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay spent a few hours doing the Specter missions to get the cane and just when I finish and am about to hail star fleet,Bam Disconnected. try to log back in and get in the queue,okay I'm at the top of he list so only a minute before I'm back on,and guess what happens,I can't complete the hail.I select what I want and nothing happens.so I try another relog and get sent to the back of the line.Just great Cryptic you differently need to get more servers
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aspiryna wrote: »
    O M G

It is first time for me to see such queue...

stokolejkalekgacyofromu.jpg

Last night the queue was well over 12,000 when I finally gave up and went to sleep.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    an this is bad business in my opinion.

I was looking forward to coming home and logging on to do the tour the universe event, now I am stuck in a dang queue....what gives?

cryptic you need to sort this out and fast .

I was going to purchase the life time membership but will not bother now.

for me this game is dead in the water
  • archerfanaticarcherfanatic Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anticipating a login que and last night's maintenance, i login 50 minutes ahead of a Tour the Universe hour that I want to do. After a quick patch I wait in que for 45 minutes. Yay I got in 2 minutes ahead of the Tour.... IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER... quick login later, another 7k que. I don't $^#^&%# think so. Plenty of other MMOs out there that don't suck, tyvm for wasting my time.
  • displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, im officially doen for tonight =) Started waiting in line in position of 4800-4800+

Took like 20 mins for the number to get close to 1000.. Went to make coffee.. Came back - You have been disconnected. Haha.
  • jacrelljacrell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Queue of 7000 people!!!! Seriously??? You finally attract players back and they are welcomed by a queue ofr 7000 to wait in...... pathetic
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS IS CRAZY... I BET NEVERWINTER DOES NOT HAVE QUEUES OR DISCONNECTION FROM SERVERS...

Why do you get STO 2nd place all the time!!!

im 6000 out of 7100+ THIS REALLY IS PATHETIC!!!

THE QUEUES GOING UP HOWEVER NO ONE IS MOVING DOWN... UPTO 8000+ NOW...

THIS IS THE WORST EVER GAME ON SERVER.... TERRIBLE, REALLY TRIBBLE, what else can I put in CAPS???

MAYBE SERVER IS DOWN AS ITS UPTO 9000 AND I AM STILL AT 6189!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    attention cryptic:

the way I see it, you owe me 2mil EC's because I was willing to do the event and I am stuck in this stupid queue, which is stopping me from doing the event.
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last night the queue was well over 12,000 when I finally gave up and went to sleep.
    wrogn again it got up to 21000
    i paid money for this ....to help the game do this to everyone ...im sorry i ever paid money to this mess.....and i'm just being honest

and during business hours and school hours and there is a 7000 queue.....
    and it drops about 30 every 5 minutes ...i have better things to do....like make sure they know this is not smart move.....yup im now at angry man stage GORHOLIO TIME
  • subway7850subway7850 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been at possition 4672 for over 5 min now =/

there is no way that nobody has not DC or logged out in those 5 min, is something wrong with the queue? :confused:
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    I logged out after leveling killed me for awhile - got my Reman to lvl 39

man I hope they bring back the mirror invasion to quick level - i have 2 more rommies to go and although the story/missions are really good - going through them again in anything less than 2 months would be a real chore.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually MOVING BACKWARDS in the waiting que.I went from 6038 of 6276 to 5352 0f 6349.:eek:
  • kaineauskaineaus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Attention Cryptic,

Thanks for a great game that I don't have to pay for. I don't mind the queues, or the crashing, or the downtime, as I think it's a fair price to pay for playing for free.

Legacy of Romulus looks brilliant.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Depends on who you ask. I'm sure to Cryptic/PWE, being pushed to the front of the login queue is a selling point toward buying a sub.

However they are not going to pay for a sub if they can't even get in to try it out in the first place.
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Completely bumbed out...:( Last week this game had ZERO issues and was nearly perfect. Left for a week out of town, and now the Legacy of Romulus thing kicked in and now I was greeted with a HUGE 6 gigabyte update before logging in, and after waiting 30 minutes for the update (weird because I have 70 megabit internet... I was greeted with a que login of 1,901. Just as the que was nearly ready for me to login 45 minutes later, it started to load then crashed to my desktop. Guess the servers are overwhelmed with insane loads due to everybody having to upgrade that there just simply is no more bandwidth left to even play anymore. Guess I will try again today. Just when I really got interested in the game, its unplayable.......

Cryptic/Perfect world: If you are reading the forums, are you planning on fixing the capacity issues?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how`s your day? mine is pretty ****ty
    6tk45x.jpg
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.