test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    raepokraepok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am just thankful I never paid any money into the game. I feel terrible for those who have paid subs and now can't access their games.
  • Options
    doavoidmedoavoidme Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if you have more toons, now 5.
    When every time you have to queue each time you switch toons
  • Options
    sad02sad02 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what the bloody heck now they limiting the server and they have so many people on the game what is wrong with this picture
  • Options
    primvspilvsprimvspilvs Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing just happened to me. It said the server was full I that I would be queued to join the game.
  • Options
    costahdcostahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg... i get login queue every time i log on, no matter the hour ... so this way we will connect from now on :eek: or maybe its a new feature of the new patch ? :)
    don't answer, me just being ironic
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was excited to get ready to play now I am Sitting wait on a Login Queue with 799 out of 1008. What is going on with this?
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are one of a great many people eager to play.
  • Options
    lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you look at the box, it tells you what's going on; the servers are at capacity and there's a queue to get on. Just be patient and you'll get on eventually.
    yjIzVE9.png
  • Options
    suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until the newness of this expansion wears off perhaps in a week or so people that have never played or have not played in months will not play as often, for regulars like you me and many others we will have to deal with the influx of new players.

I personally don't mind the queues means that there are a lot of people to play with even if it is annoying to a lot of regular players.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude ... be cool.

I was 755 of 6300+ last night. It took 15 minutes and then I got my turn.

Patience is a virtue.

:)
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starmanj wrote: »
    I was excited to get ready to play now I am Sitting wait on a Login Queue with 799 out of 1008. What is going on with this?

Somebody hasn't looked at a calendar recently...
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I am going to be honest , having a queue at this time of the day is bad. This defenatly means the server is not open to many players.

Queues usually start to come in games around 19.00-20.00 CET not at 16.00 CET when people are at work asleep or just getting up to go to work.

Unless the community here exists of many people who dont have to do the daily chores of us working men :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Personally , they are shafting their regular players with this as well.

This is coming from a non regular player. I will see how and when i can get on , but if i was a regular player i would be damned pissed to be treated like that for your loyalty to the game.
  • Options
    zenobios2zenobios2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand these guys are under some stress to get this running smoothly again, so the login queue is understandable. I get it every time I go to login. Where I am gettiing frustrated is, as soon as I DO get logged in I get booted immediately and the game crashes and has to "verify files" startin to drive me bananas! hahaa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that we have Aussie players and that this is their prime gaming hours right? Why shouldn't they be as excited and eager to log in and play like you were during your prime hours.

Sorry to pop your dream :) I never got in during my prime time :)

And as always this is compared to other games where i had queues. This has nothing to do with Ausies , it is perception of all the games i have seen with queues.

Ofcourse they can play , play as much as they want , i want everyone to be able to play , including myself :)
  • Options
    shale087shale087 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember the 'Lost Connection to Server' loading screens that started happening more and more, conveniently around the time Neverwinter launched?

And now login queues for a game that was easily able to support a larger playerbase when it initially launched..? I'm thinking PW allocated some of STO's servers to Neverwinter, and now we get to pay the price for their being cheap.

If this login queue stuff continues as-is, I can promise that myself and several others won't be sticking around, or giving PW anymore money anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shale087 wrote: »
    Remember the 'Lost Connection to Server' loading screens that started happening more and more, conveniently around the time Neverwinter launched?

And now login queues for a game that was easily able to support a larger playerbase when it initially launched..? I'm thinking PW allocated some of STO's servers to Neverwinter, and now we get to pay the price for their being cheap.

If this login queue stuff continues as-is, I can promise that myself and several others won't be sticking around, or giving PW anymore money anytime soon.

I wouldnt say that , although they had huge queues at the beginning and then said we fixed the issue and queues were gone. This was also queues of 20k+
  • Options
    liiddzzliiddzz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought this game years ago when it first came out and have paid for over a 100 days of subscription, should give me some priority over free2play people in the game :(
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gee, it sure would be nice to actually PLAY this new release.

I waited 2 hours last night and gave up, the queue numbers kept going UP, not down.

I logged off when I got to 16,000th in line. And I've waited an hour already this morning.

Maybe I outta just check back in next week? :-\
  • Options
    zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you think this queue is because the 'server is full', then your easily fooled. Same thing happened this morning, when I did get in, the place was deserted. It's a bug that there 'maintanence failed to fix.
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as i don't get D/ced , i dont mind the que.
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and just for good measure, my "patience" is rewarded with a BOOT back out of the server.

But feel free to keep condescending to us about 'patience' and 'dood be cool'... :-\
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just be glad you can log in. I still get the Unknown Error message so I dont even get to the que screen. :P
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and just for good measure, my "patience" is rewarded with a BOOT back out of the server.

But feel free to keep condescending to us about 'patience' and 'dood be cool'... :-\

Aww... poor you. Complaining about your access to a game? Grow up and get some more hobbies.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I love my LTS....I'll be in game.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    antione1antione1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    could yall just make new servers we could add our toons to so that we can play without standing in line ?
    metaphorically speaking that is
  • Options
    clerigoptclerigopt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet again, the old noobish mistake of server Qs...

Tell me, what is the purpose of this expansion?

To retain current player base?

To increase player base?

Any of the above mentioned options, should by nature include an easy and fast access to the actual game, so customers can be happy and, who knows??...maybe if an expansion is really good the game can be lifted from the darkness.

Now tell me: last night i was 7000+ in a Q of more than 15k ppl....? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why I love my LTS, I'll be in game
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gave up trying to play yesterday, giving up trying to play today. And giving priority to Gold/LT subs in the stupid cue sucks also as if the money I've paid over the past year is worthless...

Enabled: [Troll Mitigation Console Mk XII]:cool:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have never been able to log on, but others always have, that's why they aren't doing much to help the ones that can not log on because they would have to make the ones that are on log off. Totally getting screwed!