test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hate to say it, but why didn't anyone else learn from blizzards TRIBBLE ups in the past? look at WoW, at one point each expansion brought that game to its knees, even major releases on the conoles have brought online to its knees, time to quote scotty "An engineer always gives himself a wee bit of leeway on paper" in other words, bare minimum doesn't cut it, more servers, its not like you cant dynamicly turn them on and off, like only have the extras running till the expansion hype cools down at least, or upgrade the servers all together
  • Options
    bondy4bondy4 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to take advantage of the lifetime pack but I think Ill leave it until they have the server issues sorted out, not going to spend $200 to wait hours to play only to have to queue again when the server disconnects.
  • Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am an LTS player bought countless stuff from the zen store, bought the legacy pack a few weeks ago, and even I seen a queue even though it was a short queue maybe about 2 minutes at the most. Get over yourselves.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry Guys,

Maybe you should take advantage of the LTS sale going on now ;)

One of my Fleet mates was telling us that they were # 1700 out 3000 waiting to get on at 6am this morning :eek:

Good luck to you all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is completely unacceptable to have to wait to play a game I have spent almost 100 USD on, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OVER THERE AND LET ME PLAY MY GAME:mad:

After LoR, I never managed to log in the game (looooong patch & loooooooooooooooger login queue)! :(
    Is it even worth it?!? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    blunted74blunted74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Sorry Guys,

One of my Fleet mates was telling us that they were # 1700 out 3000 waiting to get on at 6am this morning :eek:

Good luck to you all!

I am probably going to pick up LTS next week, but thankfully I went GOLD on saturday and was nice to see when I logged on lastnight, I was immediately 312 of 14,000+ :D
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this is totally unacceptable! You spend $124.00 for sitting in a queue! Heck we cant even get on to manage our Fed and Klink fleets or toons! and I will tell you something right now! They don't care! they got your money so live with it. Well, I will tell you one thing, I will not be spending any more real money on this game until they have spent some of what they already have gotten from me on some servers that can handle much more! Life and gold members are there life blood, if we stop playing and spending, They will be screwed in no time. This is such a disaster in my opinion, they are going to lose many Players that actually spend money on the game! If this goes on much longer, they wont have to worry about new servers or at least more of them, It will be easy to get on, CUZ NO ONE WILL BE PLAYING OR SPENDING! Hell think of it this way, If I buy a car, I expect to be able to drive it and use it when ever I want, and not have to sit in a queue for hours to do so!
    This whole thing has turned in to a joke! A big mess! And I am not spending another dime! On Anything in this game! If they were any good at being Admins, they would have seen this problem coming before the release date, and made sure it did not happen! Now al you have is pissed off customers, that have totally lost confidence in PWE and anything or anyone that has to do with them!! GOOD JOB PEOPLE!
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a judgement call guys:

Is it worth investing time and money for a high stress load that may only last a day or two and then leave you with underutilized resources

OR

Tweak what you have to within an inch of its life in hopes that failures will be minimal and endure the slings and arrows of outraged account holders for a day or two.

SWTOR did the former and wound up with a bunch of empty servers/shards once the initial high numbers slacked off, leading to bad queues and an eventual server merge.

STO tends to go the latter course and we have a couple of days of crappy server performance and then back to business as usual.
  • Options
    aeternaliaeternali Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    istianis wrote: »
    I am going to be honest , having a queue at this time of the day is bad. This defenatly means the server is not open to many players.

Queues usually start to come in games around 19.00-20.00 CET not at 16.00 CET when people are at work asleep or just getting up to go to work.

Unless the community here exists of many people who dont have to do the daily chores of us working men :)

Totally correct here. Plus, the servers will die this evening during primetime.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this is how PW are admitting that there servers suck.. Queue's! lmao
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes me wonder what the maximum load capacity is on the STO server and what happens when the server is completely and a Gold or Lifer tries to log on, does a F2per get kicked to make room for them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a Lifer and a Legacy pack owner. Really frustrated that I have to wait in a queue.

Do something about it Cryptic! Please!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    risenxeon wrote: »
    Quite frankly, if they would put up more servers like they had before, we would not be having this issue at all. I just want to know why they even merged everything onto one server anyways, that is just the most utterly stupid idea any company could do unless its a small game.

Additional servers would be nice, however, demand will probably die off in a couple weeks and then the extra servers would be wasted infrastructure.
  • Options
    keysmachinekeysmachine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    I must admit that cryptic need more servers for big releases like LOR tbh , I am getting I dare not change toons due to the wait lol

more servers? they want everybody on a single server.

even Eve-Online server would fail if all 600k people tried to log in at once and play at once.

at max that game has 40k to 50k people online. THAT'S IT. how do i know? the game tells you how many people are online before you log in.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes me wonder what the maximum load capacity is on the STO server and what happens when the server is completely and a Gold or Lifer tries to log on, does a F2per get kicked to make room for them?
    Golds go into queues ahead of Silvers. When someone leaves the next Gold goes in. Once all the Golds are in then the Silvers get to go in. No one gets kicked for someone else.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I can't see silvers getting kicked from the servers, but they definitely do get pushed aside for GOLD/LTS while in queue. Membership has it's benefits.
  • Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I doubt anyone gets kicked, as I said in my last post as a LTS I had a short wait time. I am glad to see a lot of people back in the game.
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    saav1kamsaav1kam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like Captain Janeway stuck in the Queue Continuum for 72 years.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You assume we had confidence in PWE to begin with.. You are Mistaken.. PWE isnt much higher on the food chain than EA Games, and they were rated the worst company in america last year.

The hypothesis that the waiting cues are a ploy to get people to subscribe is a good one though.. You login, spen ten to twenty minutes in a cue, finally get in and get boted two minutes later so you have to log in again and wait in more cues ( has happened to me three times today ). They dont care if you spent 124.00 dollars, they dont care that I've spent 240.00 dollars, all they want is that 15.00 dollars a month. They want their security ( heh, once you subscribe, the payment is automatic. it just keeps rolling in and they dont have to do a thing )..
    I dont mind the queues, but i hate what i believe they are doing.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    kilosoldierkilosoldier Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

even Eve-Online server would fail if all 600k people tried to log in at once and play at once.

um...no. There is not nor were there ever 600k people trying to log into this game at once at any point during this expansion launch.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    more servers? they want everybody on a single server.

at max that game has 40k to 50k people online. THAT'S IT. how do i know? the game tells you how many people are online before you log in.
    What the person you replied to was discussing was adding more hardware to increase the capacity. People aren't going into queues and such due to us all playing in the same shard. It's due to not having enough capacity with the multitude of computers that make up the server to deal with such a HUGE influx of players.

It's always a problem with FTP games where you don't know if 100,000 new people will show up or 1,000,000.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    virpyrevirpyre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to raise the cap or make a new server

My que time is 863 out of 3884...I started waiting at que 2200, I bet though as soon as I get in I will get dropped then have too repeat the process.
  • Options
    saav1kamsaav1kam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Makes no difference whether people pay or not to play STO. They still get stuck in the queue.
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone direct me to the post that explains why they have started this? I want to know there "official" reason behind this stupidity.

Ive not had an mmo put me in a cue before to join a game unless it was waiting for me to get a team with the right amoutn of players or waiting for pvp.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saav1kam wrote: »
    Makes no difference whether people pay or not to play STO. They still get stuck in the queue.

Yes. I saw this last night. Subscribers and lifers were stuck in line behind F2P people.. A bit of false advertising on PWE's part. Still all part of a ploy to get people to subscribe..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry Guys,

Good luck to you all!

Not everyone thinks the LTS is a worthy investment. Me personally I have many better ways to invest $200 where I will actually get my money`s worth out of those $200 vs here.

In que no one gets kicked just like no one in game gets kicked just to get a gold in. Last night it hit 25,000 in que at one time before I turned in for the night. Today I just checked again and its up to 4,000 in que right at this moment. I have about 25 minutes left that I can play today as I have more important things to do today and if I cant get any play time in, in the next 25 minutes then I lose out on a second day of not being able to play. This is a good way for a company to lose money is to prevent many people from being able to join when they have the free time. That was why everyone complained about certain events being only avaliable at a certain time and they were never able to take part in said event as they were always either at work or it was too late at night.
    blunted74 wrote: »
    I can't see silvers getting kicked from the servers, but they definitely do get pushed aside for GOLD/LTS while in queue. Membership has it's benefits.

Membership has its benefits, but not everyone can justify spending $200 for a membership to a game that may or may not be around in the next 6 to 12 months. I talk myself out of it because I ask myself what is worth more, a $200 membership to STO online for life or spend that same $200 on two rifles to add to my collection. While I enjoy STO but those two rifles would increase in value and thus a better investment of my $200. The other thing is like right now do I spend $200 for the LTS membership or do I spend $200 for a Noah car cover with a 4 year warranty. I would get more use out of the car cover than the LTS to this.

Personally if it was up to me theres no way I would spend $200 - $300 on a LTS, hell the LTS to Street Thunder magazine was only $125 when it first came out. Why couldnt they lower the cost to $100 on sale and $200 regular price. It would open the LTS to more people and they would be making more money than they do now at the $200 - $300 price range. But I dont see them doing this so I stay as a ex gold member and I am fine with it. If I cant play the game when I want to then I dont play it. That also translates into reaffirming my reluctance to spend real cash in game.
  • Options
    sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a judgement call guys:

Is it worth investing time and money for a high stress load that may only last a day or two and then leave you with underutilized resources

OR

Tweak what you have to within an inch of its life in hopes that failures will be minimal and endure the slings and arrows of outraged account holders for a day or two.

SWTOR did the former and wound up with a bunch of empty servers/shards once the initial high numbers slacked off, leading to bad queues and an eventual server merge.

STO tends to go the latter course and we have a couple of days of crappy server performance and then back to business as usual.

That's a sober perspective on things! Thank you.

People... you expected this! Or at least should have. Every season, this happens - a big surge of players hitting the servers to experience the big new thing and then in a day or so it levels out.

It doesn't matter who paid what, it's just too many players at one time hitting the servers.

Sit back, relax, go watch some Star Trek and come back in a day or so.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Yes. I saw this last night. Subscribers and lifers were stuck in line behind F2P people.. A bit of false advertising on PWE's part. Still all part of a ploy to get people to subscribe..
    There is no false advertising. Golds get queue preference over Silvers, but they still queue with Golds. That means if you log into the game and there are 6,000 Silvers trying to get in you skip all of them and queue with however many Golds are waiting ahead of you.