test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    kvalrikvalri Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been able to progress quickly through the queue this morning, however the game never actually loads :( I get everyone's favorite "server not responding" error! :mad:

Just wanted to get my duty officers on task before work... *sigh*
  • Options
    shanesurfshanesurf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is end game for me at this point. STO was fun, but not fun enough to wait in a 4k+ que for 2 hours. I have other things to do. Best of luck to all of you and maybe the creators will realize they do perhaps need to buy more servers since this latest update took player room for programming.

Later
  • Options
    tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I don't like to ***** much but I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with having to wait in a Q to play a free game. Which, in retrospect, doesn't make it F2P. Silver and Gold members get in before anyone else is my understanding? How is that F2P?? I spent a lot of money when I 1st started playing this game and I don't/didn't mind at all. I had the money to spend. But being 19k+ last night I figured it would thin out by this morning. Yet, here I sit in Q again. Just checked Q position and now get the "Server Not Responding"!!! Boot!!! Relog and wait in Q AGAIN!!!
    Good insight PWE/Cryptic
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SWEET !
    Another day of epic forum reading pleasure.
    I almost miss my game being disabled by a cryptic patch for the last 6 weeks.

Almost.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aww... poor you. Complaining about your access to a game? Grow up and get some more hobbies.

I've spent quite a bit of money on this game. (Hint: that's that stuff you spend when you take mommy's credit card. ) I'd like to see my money in action, thankyouverymuch.

Meanwhile, TRIBBLE off.
  • Options
    risenxeonrisenxeon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which moron thought that saying "Patience is a virtue" was relevant to this situation? I don't think it's wise to limit how many players can get on at a time because right now, STO is probably their biggest player base aside from PWI or Neverwinter that just came out into Open Beta. And putting up more servers so players can ACTUALLY play the game is about as easy as riding a bike in my book. Many companies have done it so why is Perfect World the ones with their noses up high and too stubborn to do so? Even when this Expansion was not released, the servers were laggy as hell, so you would think that they would learn their lesson by creating more servers to suffice that issue. I guess I was wrong and gained the thoughts that their stupidity overrides their intelligence a little bit. So until this game actually allows ALL of its players to get on with no limitations or queues, I will be on World of ******** where they actually care about their players' time and dignity.
  • Options
    ironskull44ironskull44 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A server for ants. Seriously, what's the player limit, 5000?
  • Options
    bobnooniansinghbobnooniansingh Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    risenxeon wrote: »
    Which moron thought that saying "Patience is a virtue" was relevant to this situation?

Here ya go:

Dude ... be cool.
    I was 755 of 6300+ last night. It took 15 minutes and then I got my turn.

Patience is a virtue.

:)
  • Options
    displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    youre place in queue is 2055 - 2060.
    yeah right. off to do something else.
  • Options
    chairmanmeowmixchairmanmeowmix Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've spent quite a bit of money on this game. (Hint: that's that stuff you spend when you take mommy's credit card. ) I'd like to see my money in action, thankyouverymuch.

Meanwhile, TRIBBLE off.

Ah, that pesky butthurt sense of entitlement issue...again, poor you. Sorry I didn't respond right away, I was too busy playing the game while you were whining. :D I'm off now so there's a slot open just for lil old you. You can keep on thinking you're older than I, but even if that were true, you're certainly not the wiser. Just keep on getting all bent out of shape over a game, ok? And, well, I'll keep on guffawing at your misery. :cool:
  • Options
    macksynthmacksynth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While many of you are in here to fill some part of your day with delight at someone else's disappointment, here is yet another for you to get your fill on.

Currently I am in the queue once again after the program crashed and being booted off for going to DS9. During this time I have seen the message "Your program must be verified", then send me back to the launch program and put me in the queue again.

Actually would like an answer and not some lame attempt to be sarcastic.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is the point of playing a FTP game if I can't "Actually" play the game? I would rather pay for a game I can actually log on to.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if the company would just more and more for the Lockboxes and the master keys that would solve all the problems.

/sarcasm
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    istianis wrote: »
    Queues usually start to come in games around 19.00-20.00 CET not at 16.00 CET when people are at work asleep or just getting up to go to work.

Hell I wish, there was a 1500+ queue at 1400 CET (which would be 0800 EST, 0500 PST), and the fifteen minutes I spent in the queue saw me moving backwards presumably for being bumped for gold/LTS.

NOTE-THING FOR PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT READING GOOD: I'm okay with this. I figured it would happen. I'm playing other games until the queues stop. NO MORE NOTE.

Honestly, I'd rather capacity be limited the first week or so of a major content release, to give the devs time to work out kinks and bugs that slipped through the cracks during beta. I've seen all the new content already, so I'm in no huge rush. I've been playing Human Revolution finally, and am somewhat thankful that my attention is forced there for the time being lest I stop playing and lose track of my character and the plot.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue exists to maintain an acceptable level of service to those who can get in. Last night during prime North American hours, there was basically no queue but most people found the game unplayable. We were all standing around, chatting, but afraid to actually touch anything for fear of a 4-7 minute UI delay. After they went down for maintenance, there started to be a queue. Up to about 30k by the last report I saw from my fleet mates. Once you got in though, the game ran fine. Still some delay, but solidly within the realm of "Playable".

So, yes, the queue sucks, but it's better than the alternative. Cryptic can't build capacity to accommodate the entire player base trying to log in at the same time, it just isn't practical. Just as cellular and even landline phone companies don't build their networks assuming everybody will pick up their phone at the same time. There are far less circuits than customers. Same with an MMO.

I think PWE's account servers may still be having some problems, thus some people unable to log in. That's a separate problem though.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What drove me crazy last night, after waiting an hour following the maintenance to get in (I was stuck at just over 1,000 for at least half that time), it put me back in the wait queue when I changed characters.
  • Options
    lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A server for ants. Seriously, what's the player limit, 5000?

Unfortunately, I never managed to log in the game (looooong patch & loooooooooooooooger login queue) :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    To be fair, most MMOs have limits as to how many people can be logged in at any given time. With that said, Cryptic does need to do a much better job of bug/stress testing releases.

I understand what you are saying that most MMO's have limitations to logging on, but what I am saying is that they shouldn't do queues like this. It is just killing their player base and to fix your little comment about the MMO's, WoW does not have log in queues at all when new releases come out. Granted, it is not Free to Play but Blizz makes this company look like ants in the long run.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I wish you didn't have to requeue when you change characters. That is kind of balls, but maybe it's Cryptic's way of helping give somebody else a turn. I was aware of that from previous season launches, so once I got in on my main I just stayed on him.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    emnickemnick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    NOTE-THING FOR PEOPLE WHO SUCK AT READING GOOD:.

:rolleyes:

(The rest of this response is not related to the quote)
    But that aside, I don't think the log in lines are a problem. Yet. If it persists for awhile, then it might be time to up the server load. For now, it's reasonable to assume this is temporary. And you could always subscribe for a month to get priority log ins for the time being. Monthly membership and Lifetime are equal priority (as I understand it)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Quite frankly, if they would put up more servers like they had before, we would not be having this issue at all. I just want to know why they even merged everything onto one server anyways, that is just the most utterly stupid idea any company could do unless its a small game.
  • Options
    spaciumindagatorspaciumindagator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, my position has remained 238 of 452, then of 645, then of 1741.

My position of the queue not moving but the number of people waiting in queue is growing!

Server down or something?
  • Options
    spaciumindagatorspaciumindagator Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aah nevermind, 168 people just gave up waiting
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emnick wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

(The rest of this response is not related to the quote)
    But that aside, I don't think the log in lines are a problem. Yet. If it persists for awhile, then it might be time to up the server load. For now, it's reasonable to assume this is temporary. And you could always subscribe for a month to get priority log ins for the time being. Monthly membership and Lifetime are equal priority (as I understand it)

But what if you are just playing to enjoy yourself on a space game or because you like to Star Trek itself? What if you don't want to dish out that money for a membership to the game? Don't you think its a little unfair to the F2P players that want to play but membership players have log in priority over us? I think everyone should get queue times regardless paid or not, because if I was to sit in queue for an hour and I knew some paid player got in when I never did, I would be really upset. I feel that Cryptic are just money hungry and looking for ways to make you pay to play this game in the long run. I just feel that they just don't care about their players at all and feel that everything is okay.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, they used to do it so people who bought C-points could spend them on either of Cryptic's games. Of course, since we now no longer buy C-points from Cryptic, but Zen from PWE, which works with an online wallet system that makes you manually dole out portions of Zen to however many of the games you play, that is no longer necessary.

So it should stop.

And of course it's temporary. You make the experience suck enough, people will stop coming back for it. And then everyone who's left can log in nice and smoothly. Great business model as usual, guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My last attempt I waited 45 minutes in the que only to get d/c 3 minutes later.:mad:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is completely unacceptable to have to wait to play a game I have spent almost 100 USD on, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER OVER THERE AND LET ME PLAY MY GAME:mad:
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must admit that cryptic need more servers for big releases like LOR tbh , I am getting I dare not change toons due to the wait lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've sunk atleast $100 into this game as well. I just tried to get in and I was at the end of a que of over 1,100 waiting to get in. I just simply pulled the plug as I have some time to play now, not in an hour or two when I will be doing something else.

The whole point of a game is to be there when you are able to play otherwise you cant play it and if you cant play it then you dont spend money nor keep it installed. I havent spent money on this game in over 5 months and I refuse to drop another cent in this game cause this is unacceptable as I have a busy schedule and I wasted all day yesterday due to their botched release and now today I got about an hour I can play and cant as I am at the end of a 1,100 que of waiting players. I did this yesterday and I refuse to sit in a que get in and get booted and have to do it all over again.