test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    spacecaptianspacecaptian Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah the QUEUE continuum. Just about as annoying as the Q continuum.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    illidesh wrote: »
    They were trying to fix the lag on the server. Clearly, the lag must be fixed. No one is getting into the server now.

Neverwinter had a similar bug occur for it as well. No one seems concerned at Cryptic to actually attempt quality checks on patches and fixes.

But, after the servers went down for several hours. They came back up and no one could get in to play. Finally, after many hours. No one can still get in.

This is just my own opinion but it seems that Cryptic put in the patch, restarted the server and called it a night with out checking to see if the game was working as intended.

Actually, BranFlakes has posted that They are going to be working on the game all night...

Sorry to burst yer doom & gloom bubble.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    glenmichael13glenmichael13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over 4k in the queue... It's a shame really, I was kinda liking this game. At least enough to write this post, not enough to wait an hour just to log in.... Oh well, there are 100s more game out there that want mah monehz.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've noticed that the game crashes pretty regularly if one goes into the Tailor at the Romulan Flotilla.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just woke up, launched the game, and found that for the first time i am in a bloody queue. I really hope this gets sorted cryptic!
  • Options
    jessica1860jessica1860 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This queue stuff has got to stop playing a game should not be like standing in line at the grocery store meat section for your number to show up Star Wars the old republic has never had this queue pain and still does not perhaps more powerful server nodes are in order so the queue can go away for good ps I miss the pre queue days
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... Who had any idea that the LoR launch would be an utter fail? I think that's pretty much everyone. Way to go! The Legacy of Romulus will be known as the Legacy of Fail.
  • Options
    sirwinnersirwinner Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dear PWE:

Please fix the Login Queue issue as soon as possible.

First you took down the server for an emergency maintenance for 2 hours... Then when we try to get back in there is a 1 1/2 hour wait in a Login Queue.

Played for 2 or 3 hours... Switched Characters... then a 5 minute Login Queue... Then for no apparent reason was kicked out of the server on my new Romulan Character to be put back in the Penalty Box er Login Queue.

I sure hope you fix this soon... there are a lot of people more than a little upset over this issue.

Thank you!
  • Options
    stormfinnarestormfinnare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a totally and utterly briliant idea. Not.

A friend of mine living on the other side of this globe, and who really enjoy this game, might get some seriouse problems with this.

His ISP has some very bad connectivity so he frequently gets thrown out of the game once or twise an hour. How friggin fun will it be for him having to sit in the que again every time he goes linkdead.

I strongly hope there is a failsafe for that so he does not have to endure a 5 hour wait just to be able to game 30 minutes.

As i was typing this, I got to log in after a 40 min wait. You would think i now could game and say hi to the fleeties right? Nop.

Got something called "Got Duplicate LIGON_SUCCES" whatever that meens.

Gues ill try again.

/john
    U.S.S Gremlin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we need scotty to tweak the servers to run a high warp for the next few weeks
  • Options
    vantheman77vantheman77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll wait until the engineers fix this problem completely. In the meantime, I'm writing Star Trek fanfic stories based on my STO characters.
  • Options
    illisionedillisioned Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Grumbles- Hope this Server Maintenance means it's making them bigger/more >.<
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    Actually this is not Cryptic's doing.

It's actually a secret DHARMA Initiative test to see how willing people are to waste their time on waiting.

Corrected that for you. Namaste.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I like the new login screen better than the old one. It feels like we're creating new fanfilm TV series featuring our own characters, crews, and ships.
  • Options
    sunwolf71sunwolf71 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Least the game is populer
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine shows my shuttle for some reason... (I have both cruiser and shuttle active)

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sat in the queue for 3 hours, and through several disconnects, from about 10:30 eastern until 1:30. Laggy playtime since then. On the bright side, the queue wait prompted me to actually read one of my Trek books. Got halfway through it :D
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Mine shows my shuttle for some reason... (I have both cruiser and shuttle active)

Yeah... It displays my Peregrine Fighter, but it displays my Oddyssey name...OMG Actually is the opposite problem we had from the last season when it showed your shuttle name even if you where on your big ship :eek:
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the new login screen better than the old one. It feels like we're creating new fanfilm TV series featuring our own characters, crews, and ships.

Yeah really looks good and they know why they did that. It's the MOST you will see from this game for the next days. Moarhar.
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It shows your away team.

It also suffers (in some cases) from the shuttle display error. My main is in a Jem Dread and remains so, but the log-in screen shows my selected shuttle.
  • Options
    nephilimnexusnephilimnexus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    evilbsg62 wrote: »
    Login queue ala EVE ONLINE.. i quit playing that and never went back...l

Funny, I've finished several L4 missions against Sansha and Blood Raiders while waiting to see if this thing is ever going to actually run.

Good to see I put my subscription money in the right place. :D
  • Options
    harloth1harloth1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I woke up at 3 am EST to see if they game is finally accessible.... and they took the servers down for more maintenance.

Back to bed I guess.

Did they test all this before rolling it out? Just wondering.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it's pretty damn awesome. I love the ship above and the crew in away team poses. Only, my Jem'Hadar BOFF is invisible. Well, I can see his clothes.
  • Options
    koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lifer here, not impressed at the queues, not impressed at having to re-queue if I want to change to an alt (what sort of stupid system is that? (WoW called, they want to teach you about server load balancing), not impressed at all the downtime.

Overall, not impressed.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic needs to upgrade their servers. AGAIN. Because this is ridiculous, how many people are waiting to play. I was on earlier today, when the servers first came up from the patch, and I may be a free to play, but I don't care. I want to play. If any Golds or Lifetimes think they're entitled to log in instantly while us silver players wait forever for the queue to end, they're dead wrong. That wasn't in the subscription features.
    Yes. Yes it is. It is in the subscription features. Get it right before you complain.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, it's pretty damn awesome. I love the ship above and the crew in away team poses. Only, my Jem'Hadar BOFF is invisible. Well, I can see his clothes.

I had the similar problem with my Jem Hadar character as well.
  • Options
    crazygunnerrrcrazygunnerrr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had it both with my Jem'Hadar and my Breen, but when I clicked a different char and went back, it was there again.

But yeah it looks great, I spend a lot of time making an accurate Cardassian/Dominion team (my char itself is Cardassian), so it was nice to see my boffs like this with their matching weapons and my Galor above it.
  • Options
    sharonathenasharonathena Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    love the new login screen =D
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    despite the lil days glitches
    i have praise of the following

loging screen once your characters list is had and you mouse over yup your current ship and characters and crew are right there.....
    very trekkie

even the planet up to the screen that if you watch you see its clouds moving is neat.
    i like the NEW HUD look , just feels slicker

i like additions to the game the warp cores.....bought one already to try out and liked it.
    like denise doing the voice overs
    like some of the new meshes ( 3d modeling done and some of the fx you put in like explosions and such )
    like the added traits
    like the addition of nukara missions....
    and liking the new pve stuffs...
    and once the logins get sorted and i get my fed going again nice ill make me a romulan and enjoy up to level ten as thats as far as i was able to get in 6 hrs with beta testing

minor bugs( besides the big login issue )
    bugs the pve list if you select so you only show say space missions that wont work so you have a giant mess to look through

one that will get attention not so minor was the gorn minefield mission , a romulan guy reported what my fed had issue with: you join mission and poof its immediate to the mission ....then you get there and it auto pops you right out ...and you lose 30 minutes on it. NO DILLL FOR YOU.....

OH ya once in a battle my ship had a purple square suddenly appear and vanish very fast but i noticed that 2-3 times over 5 missions.....have never seen that before

if they get the login sorted this is a real nice improvement .....if not its a game killer....
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love it, it looks fantastic! However, My poor breen is nothing more than a floating Antiproton rifle...
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams