test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• morden613morden613 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Pakled jokes never get old and get re-used like every week, almost like clockwork.

"It is broken. Can you make it go?"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going to log in to get those 2 kdf consoles first... I wished now I just went into making my first romulan instead. Other grinds at this point to switch multiple toons are out of the question right now.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like we might just hit the Tribble numbers after all. :rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • conquest83conquest83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 13k now
  • bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried to log in about 20 minutes ago and I'm 6807 in the queue of now 13,003. The queue keeps going up, but my position has been 6807 the entire time. This is basically one of the many reasons you guys at Cryptic won't be getting money from me for a lifetime subscription.

Eve Online has less money to work with and whenever they release new expansions, they never have server problems like this, people aren't stuck in queues, and it's playable shortly after the downtime brings the servers back up.

There's no excuse for this regular level of incompetence. Get new servers already for Jesus' sakes.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because Cryptic are too cheap to increase server capacity.

No, they did, they icreased their game capacity with neverwinter online on a same server :PPP
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, for a game I pay to play. That's rich!

Also I'm a LTS. Silvers should be kicked from server to make room for LTS.

Silvers should be kicked? Can't agree with that one. You were just too slow to be one the first bunch on, even if you pay.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's over 9000!!!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not so much that I dont like waiting in queue, it is that the queue isnt moving. It is like the being at the Intergalactic DMV.

Oh I knew I forgot something, my main hasn't renewed his starship license and it expired in 2409, that was three years ago! :D

daveyny wrote: »
    This seems just like the Tribble problem last week... only the numbers aren't going into the astronomical areas they were then.

(20k to 30k numbers)

Yet.

2017/13951
  • turalisj89turalisj89 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, for a game I pay to play. That's rich!

Also I'm a LTS. Silvers should be kicked from server to make room for LTS.

Ahhhh, the cries of the self-entitled. Yes, feed me more! Cry more! It nourishes me, your tears!
  • jerseyboy3981jerseyboy3981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 4827 people ahead of me in line. There have been 4827 people ahead of me since 10:15. That means in the last 45 minutes NO ONE has gotten in ahead of me. Does EA host the Holodeck server?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2473 out of 17071
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic has upgraded the game to more efficiently TRIBBLE off a lot more players at once.
    Now you can also know how many other people are pissed off along with you, simultaneously. It takes the guesswork out of it.
  • tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow 3330 of 12956 and has not moved in over 40 minutes.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    296 of 14,130.
  • glinruinglinruin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still stuck at 464 for about the past Half Hour.....snoooorrrrrrrrrrring
  • darkksoul1darkksoul1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh good I'm at 8364 in Queue. Should get to play any day now!!!!!
  • sasquotchsasquotch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slider5634 wrote: »
    I've only been playing for a few weeks here. Should I assume not all of the servers have come back online yet post outage? I sure hope that's what's going on.

The servers crash on a regular basis, at least twice a week. Seeing as how they don't have the capacity for the 10,000 players waiting to log in, my guess is they need to move their server farm from Mom's garage to Mom's basement. Capacity planning is apparently not a strong point for this team.
  • conquest83conquest83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just hit 14.1k lol how high it will go
  • pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7k out of 15k :eek:
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried to log in about 20 minutes ago and I'm 6807 in the queue of now 13,003. The queue keeps going up, but my position has been 6807 the entire time. This is basically one of the many reasons you guys at Cryptic won't be getting money from me for a lifetime subscription.

Eve Online has less money to work with and whenever they release new expansions, they never have server problems like this, people aren't stuck in queues, and it's playable shortly after the downtime brings the servers back up.

There's no excuse for this regular level of incompetence. Get new servers already for Jesus' sakes.

I am probally wrong but what I think their que system does is it puts LTS first, then golds, then former golds, and then silver.

Edit: I have LTS been waiting about 20 mins and am at 329 right now.
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's dabo wager this up. How long will the queue go before 1) there is a comment about investigating 2) your number in the queue moves forward 3) we hit 20,000?
  • dstden1dstden1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What really sucks is that I was in game playing, having a good old time and got booted for some reason. Now I'm stuck in queue at 4323. Oh well anybody that expects a launch day to go smoothly is completely naive.

On a side note I'm willing to be that a lot of the f2p players end up spending more money on this game in the store than most (not all but most) of the lifetime subscribers. LTS spent a one time cost and now get zen handed to them every month. Silver have to pretty much buy anything they want and the nickel and dime stuff adds up over time.
  • erikthered907erikthered907 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm seeing 14.4
    Dammit J'mpok! I'm a warrior... not a PETA tagger!
  • nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you make it go?
    *Sigh*

I logged in few seconds after downtime thread was locked and was 4201 of 5283 - now I'm 4201 of 14402... *Sigh*
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • dereklucasdereklucas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When this message disappears you will be logged out due to an unknown error.
  • michaeld1492michaeld1492 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I was at 12442 and now I have decided that I am going to think about something different to play because clearly the people that are try to run STO have no clue on how to code a game and fix the bugs that they create effectively. Does anyone else get the feeling that even though you have paid for the lifetime and the legacy pack that they would at least get one thing right EVER...