test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ronintengu wrote: »
    Ok, lets list the possible things that have gone wrong...(Yes I'm just pulling this out of my backside)
    Cluster is fine but the account migration failed to complete. Devs missed this (I've done it) assumed it was all ready and started the game. The few accounts that finished work ok; the few that were created but stats were not finished are logging in as lev 1 characters; The rest are getting unknown errors because the login server says you exist but the game can't find you. Current lag is the result of Dev trying to complete the transfers while people are playing.

Solution: Boot everyone off, allow the devs to do their jobs.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, me too, can't log in...that's disappointing. Bought my Legacy Pack and everything...ya let me down Cryptic...:confused:
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    princedimwitprincedimwit Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, why don't they just take the server down and fix the fraking problem instead of people trying in vain to get on???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A Herbert?

It's what some space-hippies called Captain Kirk in a TOS Episode. Spock knew what it meant right away, which was bizarre.
  • Options
    dozingdawgdozingdawg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anything new?
    Quityerbellyachin'
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stuck at map loading for ESD. Server not responding BUT its a step in the right direction. Tribble is still down
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone said that he could log with his Federation character, so I tried, but same result got kick out again:-(

I was logged in to my fed toon in sol space for like 5 minutes, the system was quite full. I talked to a fleetmate, notice we had trouble adding doffs to the SB project, then I got kicked.. :eek:
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gl2814e wrote: »
    It's what some space-hippies called Captain Kirk in a TOS Episode. Spock knew what it meant right away, which was bizarre.

That's because he was a space hippy before he went to re-hab
  • Options
    goddessiscariotgoddessiscariot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooohhh we have graduated from "unknown error" to "server has timed out"

Progress?
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knerdy wrote: »
    Bypass steam. I was always having issues with it, plus the constant steam updates, so today I downloaded the patcher and it bypassed steam altogether and downloaded the patch without problem, just a little slow. Now I can play the game without having to run resource hog steam.

How do I bypass the Steam launcher for STO?

I hate Steam a lot for its stupid stealth updates, so I might as well get a useful piece of info out of this thread.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    godgrimzillagodgrimzilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    let me in... LET ME IN!!!
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to get on after a bit but I crashed out after about 15 min and was stuck not being able to get back on.

After I got back on I got stuck at the map loading screen and crashed out again :P

I think that the servers are just being overloaded right now and it will be very tough going for the next few days or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    corseaucorseau Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never post on the forum. I am one of the people who are apparently stupid enough to pay to play this game. I was expecting there to be issues but this is unacceptable. Then again what did I expect it's not like they ever get a release right the first time. Man I am sooo angry maybe I will go to the pwe website and change my subscription to cancelled.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    I guareentee it's ALL HANDS ON DECK - think about it - with this situation how many Master Key sales and lock boxes are they losing out on? Hmm - this is a huge pay day - I am certain they are doing everything humanly possible to get the lock boxes back online.
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I made it in and bought a reman toon. Only problem is after I made the purchase, it showed I still have the same amount of zen, and the Reman toon was not purchased. I tried to purchase it again and it says I don't have enough zen. Looks like we got another problem to add the plethora of problems from this LOR release.

Can I have my zen back please? Or make the purchase go through.:confused:

*Update* Oh and so it kicked me off. Now I try to log in and it tells me to log in using my PWE account... which I've been doing all this time. Why does it not recognize my login all of a sudden? :(
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously, why don't they just take the server down and fix the fraking problem instead of people trying in vain to get on???

They will not take the servers offline, because there are still people who are logged in and play and generate a revenue for them. Simple as that. You can be sure that if this problem affected everyone a fix would have been ready a long time ago!
  • Options
    xingbellxingbell Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured if I could get the game to patch it would be a good day.

As with the other major launches, I expected to not be able to play for a day or so.

Software releases are like battle plans, they never survive contact with the enemy.

Good luck to the Dev team in trying to get this resolved. If all else fails, use my fall back plan after 20 years of tech support "Turn it off and on again".

Peaceful exploration? I have a heavily armed ship and a phaser with a kill setting, how peaceful is that?
  • Options
    dharmalogicdharmalogic Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just adding my experience in case it helps you with your solution Cryptic.

I logged in when game went live, played for about 4 hours before getting kicked. The last hour had severe lag with transferring items (like from my inventory to the ship) etc. After the DC, I would log in and one or all of the following errors would occur:
    -Connecting to the log-in server time out
    -Retrieving characters time out
    -Retrieving map lists - unknown error (kicked)

For awhile I couldn't access the forums to report this for you either.

Hope it helps. I enjoyed closed beta and the hours I got today, can't wait to see it fixed. Thanks for the hard work and great expansion!
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone go trip on the server plug..... Ops power down......
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, I just logged on and now they say they will shut servers down for emergency main. ROFL
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ZOMG a major patch and the server is fracked... tell me it ain't so!!!
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they're taking the servers down in 15 minutes for emergency maintenance. i just got an in game message about it
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it seems that despite the green light, the login server is down.. I guess we just keep trying till we get in..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    corseau wrote: »
    I never post on the forum. I am one of the people who are apparently stupid enough to pay to play this game. I was expecting there to be issues but this is unacceptable. Then again what did I expect it's not like they ever get a release right the first time. Man I am sooo angry maybe I will go to the pwe website and change my subscription to cancelled.

Just sit tight and wait. Issues will either be resolved within the next couple days, or they won't be at all (see the Biography loading issue!).
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holodeck's coming down for emergency maintainance in 15 minutes.

Let go of my items, inventory gremlins! I need to bank them before the server goes kaput!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should convert the character list dialog window into a minigame.. so we can do something for a while..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do I bypass the Steam launcher for STO?

I hate Steam a lot for its stupid stealth updates, so I might as well get a useful piece of info out of this thread.
    Steam doesnt update STO.

All it does is launch the game.

The patches you get are the same because you connect directly to Cryptic.
  • Options
    velldunvelldun Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    emergency maintenance in 15 minutes,

Maintenance means to maintain.

I don't think they really mean maintenance.
This discussion has been closed.