test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    nazutan wrote: »
    Everyone needs to remember that it takes time to get all the engineers to the Studio. I mean, I know at least 3 of them live well over 45 minutes away from the HQ.

Be patient! :D

This does not make a lick of sense. You would think that for a launch this big - every single employee would be on hand at the office for the first 12+ hours straight.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eviax wrote: »
    Star Failed Online

Comment Failed Onforums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i've been getting ttte login failed thing since his morning after the servers went up. what is taking so long for a fix here? i can't even get to character select.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MY REVIEW OF WHAT I SAW OF LEGACY OF ROMULUS TODAY:

- The new background on the character select screen looks nice.

FIN

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    evaalphaevaalpha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. :(
    By now i think Cryptic server are not running with electricity but with charcoal.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Managed to log back in but lo and behold, the inventory gremlins won't let go of my items.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    kisho3bkisho3b Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    Finally logged in!!!!!!

We'll all see you back in 5 minutes or so when you get booted out "for an unknown reason". :rolleyes:
  • Options
    herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    do we have a bunch of herberts working at cryptic tonight LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ownboss7777ownboss7777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cmon leave STO guys alone, i bet they doing everything in their power...i defended u guys...
    can i get some reward for this comment pls , like at least 2,500 zen on account.im broke btw .,have mercy plssssssssssss.... :cool:
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give up. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Tribble down too?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    do we have a bunch of herberts working at cryptic tonight LOL

A Herbert?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they also took dowdn tribble for maintenance, on what i don't know but that is what i was on checking the klingon content when they booted people off that as well.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Comment Failed Onforums.

Better than Cryptic lol
  • Options
    mharonmharon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh myyyyy...
  • Options
    stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone said that he could log with his Federation character, so I tried, but same result got kick out again:-(
  • Options
    ronintenguronintengu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, lets list the possible things that have gone wrong...(Yes I'm just pulling this out of my backside)

Upgrade was a complete success, but in their eagerness to get the game back up they failed to give the cluster enough time to finish replicating data between the servers.

Account migration failed to convert all accounts to 30 format causing data corruption. Accounts need to be restored from backup.

Cluster is fine but the account migration failed to complete. Devs missed this (I've done it) assumed it was all ready and started the game. The few accounts that finished work ok; the few that were created but stats were not finished are logging in as lev 1 characters; The rest are getting unknown errors because the login server says you exist but the game can't find you. Current lag is the result of Dev trying to complete the transfers while people are playing.

All of the third possibility but characters are being restored from backup.

All went well but there is a database mismatch on one server in the cluster. This is throwing SQL errors that the cluster is trying to handle this while a 500k people are trying to log on.

Logon server has crashed. Took Tribble down to use it's logon server as a short term fix.

Upgrade did not go well. There is a mix of version 25 and 30 in the cluster causing the game to stop with fatal SQL errors.

Can anyone think of any more??
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give up!

Good luck, everyone.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MY REVIEW OF WHAT I SAW OF LEGACY OF ROMULUS TODAY:

- The new background on the character select screen looks nice.

FIN

Yeah, about the only thing from this launch XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cmon leave STO guys alone, i bet they doing everything in their power...i defended u guys...
    can i get some reward for this comment pls , like at least 2,500 zen on account.im broke btw .,have mercy plssssssssssss.... :cool:

plssssss

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-gooby-pls-12.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    draegusvexdraegusvex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    When a huge patch like LoR is released, they should be living at the office until every thing works.

Heh. Having played games since the good ol' days of Leisure Suit Larry, and now working in the software industry first-hand, I can truly say with confidence:

1. Gamers are quite content to take the hard work of others and decry with a resounding bellow of rage that all the work was not good enough as they frantically click to slake their gaming addiction while self-medicating on mountain dew.

2. No matter how long and how much a software company prepares for a launch: testing internally, running multiple QA plans, beta-testing out the ying-yang, patching, re-patching and patching again. It. Never. Goes. Smoothly.

I cannot think of one single MMO that has had a smooth launch. Vanilla WoW veterans know what I'm talking about. Same with Shadowbane, Everquest, Everquest 2, CoH, CoV, CO, etc.
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just got in aswell lol ill see you in 2mins lol
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackokason wrote: »
    they also took dowdn tribble for maintenance, on what i don't know but that is what i was on checking the klingon content when they booted people off that as well.
    They're using the tribbles as sacrifice. If it works...
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone said that he could log with his Federation character, so I tried, but same result got kick out again:-(

I didn't say I could log in reliably. It still took several attempts to get logged in on my Fed.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this "login failed for unknown reason" several times before I even managed to get into game - but then again it happened several times after successful login after I got kicked from "loading list of characters" and when finally managed to load ONE of 4 main characters - I again got booted from the "loading list of maps" screen.

Finally after say 30 attempts I got that one character loaded - and before i managed to figure out what were those missions that are outdated and removed from my list of "In progress" missions I got booted again with same message "login failed for unknown reason" contact support and I decided to contact my pillow - see you tomorrow, hopefully IN game!
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BRING EVERYTHING DOWN! REBOOT! We have given her all we got Capt!
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    slick97477slick97477 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad part is people dont even get mad hardly anymore because long term players of STO have came to reality and realized this will always be a part of playing STO due to the poor testing and technical background of the dev testers...was excited for this launch and rushed home from work but should have known better that i would come home to a crashed and broken server once again. Hurry up PWE please would like to try and play by the time i have to go back to work please.
    If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im back guys
This discussion has been closed.