test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnacher wrote: »
    man they need to get there TRIBBLE in gear and fix this **** this is complete and total bull****

Would you like a hug?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is that the company is run by the investors instead of the developers. The investors only care for profits, and one of the single fastest ways to cut into your profits is to get more bandwidth. This company runs multiple games on the same servers to save money, but obviously this makes for a terrible gaming experience.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One good thing I can say from the military is that it teaches patience it is very clear most people do not understand the concept lol :D
  • Options
    row124row124 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup we are all having the same problem of: "login failed for unknown reason"

Shaka when the walls fell....
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    new error...
    Player Booting Failed
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nazutan wrote: »
    Everyone needs to remember that it takes time to get all the engineers to the Studio. I mean, I know at least 3 of them live well over 45 minutes away from the HQ.

Be patient! :D

When a huge patch like LoR is released, they should be living at the office until every thing works.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    kylan22211kylan22211 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am getting the 'Login failed for an Unknown Reason" message. I am also getting it after selecting my character at the 'Retrieving maps' message and also getting server timeouts.
  • Options
    vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The best part is, if there is a fix, it might require us to patch all at the same time (and that worked wonderfully last time). So were pwned no matter what lol!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In Mirror universe people log in.
  • Options
    tommyboync31tommyboync31 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time a programmer's bell rings, a customer loses his/her wings. I fail to understand how every time you patch and upgrade new contents and launches, you consistently keep failing. You are horrible techs and programmers. EPIC FAIL!
  • Options
    zopiclone15mgzopiclone15mg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got DC'd when going to the New Romulus Command centre - I also hear people got DC'd going to ESD and Qo'nos

Just do missions and stuff if you are in - avoid beaming to any hub - that seems to be what boots people out.

Pretty sure the reason anyone was reading that was because they had already been booted out of the game.
  • Options
    lucretius8181lucretius8181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE is at fault here, dont blame the Dev's, they are the ones between a rock and a hard place. PWE tells them do this do that, and the players are like ''I KEEL U''. Not sure i wanna be next to that server(s), steam coming out, sparks, friction, all that sorta thing. I'm going to bed now, hopefully i wont dream of killer servers and psychotic gamers?:eek:
  • Options
    jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine is hanging on the 'Retrieving List of Characters'

Then back to login, to try again,

then Retrieving List of Characters,

the Login Failed for an Unknown Reason.

Pretty background, though.
  • Options
    kinkybanditkinkybandit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having the same issue.
    failing to login or when i do i get about 10 mins of game time before the game boots me.

im getting sick of STO launching new games and/or new content with out fixing bugs first and insuring they are giving us the best service.

i beleave this issue will be around for about a week until Cryptic or perfect world even bother to look at this and fix it...
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congratulations! We've officially eclipsed the May 2nd server outage thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It could be worst.

When Neverwinter launch officially... then you'll remember this day. Because it will be the same again and again.
  • Options
    convoy7734convoy7734 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. I demand cominsation.

Now that you menchion, so do I.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much what I was thinking when I gave him a shout out. There are a lot of people that will vent rage in his direction and his job is to smile and nod.

It's worse than that (He's dead Jim). Moderators, especially unpaid ones are literally kept in the dark about the details behind such problems and are only allowed to issue the mildest of platitudes without having to check, double check and get it written in triplicate from the people up-top. This is pretty much standard for all games companies when it comes to volunteer moderators, and even with some of their paid ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One good thing I can say from the military is that it teaches patience it is very clear most people do not understand the concept lol :D

I am a veteran of the U.S. Army and I can honestly say no truer words have ever been spoken (or written as it were).
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    razielthelost1razielthelost1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol may I take your hat and coat and seat you right next to the thousands of others that also cant get in? ROFL
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only people I feel sorry for are the dumbasses who actually went and totally uninstalled the game and tried reinstalling it thinking it was them... Please read the forums next time before and doing such a..well.. "unneeded time consuming task"..
  • Options
    unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    convoy7734 wrote: »
    The what??
  • Options
    moggiecanadamoggiecanada Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    row124 wrote: »
    yup we are all having the same problem of: "login failed for unknown reason"

Shaka when the walls fell....

Or connection to the login server timed out.

Personally, I think this is great. We got a lot of people chomping on the bit to check out the expansion. Can't see Champions Online having that sort of success.
  • Options
    dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    convoy7734 wrote: »

Everybody shud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nazutan wrote: »
    Everyone needs to remember that it takes time to get all the engineers to the Studio. I mean, I know at least 3 of them live well over 45 minutes away from the HQ.

Be patient! :D

OK, ill give you that, so first post wass what? 11:30 am PST, hmm, most likely some IT person saw it starting before that but we'll go with 11:30 am, 45 mins later, heck round up to a hour, thats what? oh 12:30 give or take? What time is it now...5:30, so 5 hours to identify and start a fix, and only 2 responses from official cryptic sources....
    Yea, seems about right
  • Options
    captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I know one thing If I AT WORK would release software in to production with out testing both the software, AND the Hardware (Servers) to make sure every thing would work and handle it, I WOULD BE FIRED!
  • Options
    tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

We're testing a fix for the login errors you've been seeing. Once it passes testing, we'll update you with more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon for the update most of us know that ur working as quick as U can to get us back in the Game keep up the good work U have a great team :) thanks again

tbarlow
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dilbart wrote: »
    Congratulations! We've officially eclipsed the May 2nd server outage thread!

I'm not sure whether to applaud this momentous occasion, or be disappointed in the latest update.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally logged in!!!!!!
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Failed Online
This discussion has been closed.