test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow its still happening i had time to go to wendys, sit down and eat, fix a loak on my car, drive around for a bit, come home, take a shower, call some dude about his cadillac.. and eat a piece of toast and its still.. not fixed... im sorry but forget me buying anything from this game.

You went to Wendy's then made toast?
    That's....weird :)
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny, I can't even change maps without huge lag and being forced to close the game.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was one of the first people that posted in this thread, I also posted back on page 50 somewhere, after multiple login attempts I was able to get on, been on for about 45 minutes but the servers are very slow, the game runs smooth besides waiting for level and loot to finaly pop, something is wrong on the inside as well, bet there will be a patch tonight or in the early hours of the morning.
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes get to the "Retrieving list of maps . . . " screen. They are just taunting me now.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Well, my only real issue is that's two more Orion officers than I actually have,

Additionally, my Klingon captain has two identical Nausicaan officers for no reason.

Good word of mouth, maybe? ;)
  • Options
    genluckygenlucky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I told my son this would happen. He wanted a Legacy Pack so bad I made a wager with him. If the game came up and we both could log in and play with no issues I would buy him a Legacy Pack and do his dish washing days for a 3 months. If 1 of us could log in with no issues and play he can choose which 1 of the 2 above he wanted. However if neither of us could then he picks up lawn mowing and edging the yard until September.

Guess I win. Neither of us can make it past the character screen LOL.
    This release just saved me a $125 bucks. Glad to know my faith in previous history has paid off ROFL.
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This Same TRIBBLE happened at the anniversary launch a few months ago. It is kinda expected that these issues could happen with ant patch in STO. If it makes anyone feel better...I beta and alpha tested Defiance and a lot of the same issues happened with it last month and it is owned by Trion.

No, learning that an incomplete and free alpha/beta test of an unreleased and unfinished game is as bad as a live and paid for product is not reassuring.

It is exactly the opposite.

It makes the game we are paying for as bad as one that isn't released due to bugs.

When you are patching/expanding a game that is LIVE with PAYING customers you simply cannot afford to shrug it off like an alpha/beta test, it damages your existing product and revenue when you fail and customers should rightly expect better when handing over their money.
  • Options
    thbarnakthbarnak Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried patching twice 3 hours ago but gave up and closed everything so as not to burden an obviously overtaxed server. Good bet, I tried once moments ago and the patch took only 5 minutes to complete.

However, I am now stuck (twice, again) at a failure for unknown reasons in the middle of retrieving list of characters.

I'll stop burdening the obviously overtaxed server for some more hours until everyone has patched, repatched and retrieved al the characters and maps from the one and only server dedicated to all the stuff going on in the game at once.

Things might sort themselves out by magic, by then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the bright side of a failed xpac launch is the fact I may actually get a full night's sleep as a result.
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 5 hours from laumch, still can't play.This is the biggest failure since season 4 or whatever it was.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its funny, I can't even change maps without huge lag and being forced to close the game.

In russia.. the server lags you.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happens with every game's launch or expansion... It may as well be on the cover of DUH! Magazine.

But with all the entitled whining newbies crying around here, you'd think it was just Cryptic out to GET them! PERSONALLY!
    edited May 2013
    Somebody's TRIBBLE the WOPR.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    starmuttstarmutt Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well actually got into the game...
    To be on the safe side (and to unlock the Remans) logged into my main. The map loading stayed on 94.5 for aaaaaages, finally got in an applied some traits etc then tried beaming up. took 10 mins to get to 20.5 on loading screen the Gameserver time out.

... I haven't been and don't wanna be one of 'those' Lifetimers that demand preferential treatment... but I'm getting there -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genlucky wrote: »
    Well, I told my son this would happen. He wanted a Legacy Pack so bad I made a wager with him. If the game came up and we both could log in and play with no issues I would buy him a Legacy Pack and do his dish washing days for a 3 months. If 1 of us could log in with no issues and play he can choose which 1 of the 2 above he wanted. However if neither of us could then he picks up lawn mowing and edging the yard until September.

Guess I win. Neither of us can make it past the character screen LOL.
    This release just saved me a $125 bucks. Glad to know my faith in previous history has paid off ROFL.

Brilliant just brilliant that's a sucker bet with Cryptics' record :D
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loe9 wrote: »
    On the bright side of a failed xpac launch is the fact I may actually get a full night's sleep as a result.

So true . . . :D
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    In russia.. the server lags you.

I was waiting for this! LOL
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait a sec.. I thought all existing players got a free character slot for the new romulan? Did I read that wrong? Because its telling me to buy more slots... and I dont want to buy more slots lol
  • Options
    rocketpunch1rocketpunch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its back now, in space sector for 4 minutes and still no disconnect, hopefully
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darakoss wrote: »
    Somebody's TRIBBLE the WOPR.

Joshua's on the job playing tic tac toe. Good luck finding the culprit.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    game player: space the final frontier these~crashes~
    game player relogs game: space th~crashes~
    game players phone tech support:sorry you have reach tech support..all my personal are currently busy try to calm the monkey down please call back in i trillion yrs
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get in all the way to the choose charater i do that and it goes to geting map list and guess what pops up login failed for unknow error how as i had already logged in lol
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see less and less posts per minute in here. Did people start logging in succesfully or just tired of whining?

I don't see anyone whining. I see people wanting to get a game most have paid for to work, like paying for gas and actually getting gas, buying groceries and taking them home, paying your electric bill and having electricity.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man, definitely frustrating. The game has, essentially, been unplayable for about 12 hours now for me between this and maintenance.

I thought PWE was investing money in servers for Cryptic?

It's frustrating because very similar problems occur with nearly every major Cryptic launch/update to STO/NW and yet they seem to all have mysterious and new or unavoidable reasons for occurring. Otherwise I would hope a plan and solution would already be on hand for when this happens...

So, I bought a Legacy Pack yesterday and my lifetime sub back before the game launched. So not only do I not have access to the game 5+ hours after maintenance was supposed to be done but my slot for actually creating a character isn't even being rewarded to me as a Gold member when people that haven't supported the game nearly as much as I have (if at all) are getting their slots.

I'm just always confused at how horribly wrong things can go when their code makes the transition from Tribble to Holodeck...

I'm sure Cryptic folks are annoyed and running around trying to fix this but at the end of the day they're getting paid to fix it, we're paying to put up with it.

If I hadn't JUST put up with an all day outage of another game from Cryptic I paid money toward *cough*NEVERWINTER*cough* I might be a little more forgiving...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who is still surprised the server is still up?

They need to take the server down and isolate the problem.
    I commend the team for working hard to get this problem fixed. But at least give those of us who cant log in, something other than a false sense of hope with the green server light still being up.

Repost lol. Don't you agree?
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait a sec.. I thought all existing players got a free character slot for the new romulan? Did I read that wrong? Because its telling me to buy more slots... and I dont want to buy more slots lol

Why would you want a free slot when you can pay for one while the server keeps you out?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    captainabbadoncaptainabbadon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE I HAVE SOME VERY BAD NEWS!

.......still can't login.....
  • Options
    mortrecmortrec Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ARRRRGGGG!!!

This is not funny! I finally got in and went to create my Reman thinking I could at least get my toon named before getting booted. But you have to claim that right through the c-store even if you bought the legacy pack. So I go to log in my Fed toon to claim the Reman species from the c-store.......retrieving list of maps..........unable to log in for unknown reasons!! If I wasn't already bald I would pull my hair out!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

We're testing a fix for the login errors you've been seeing. Once it passes testing, we'll update you with more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.