test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SO, Was it just me on WOW and EVE when they had their massive crashes AFTER A LIVE RELEASE UPDATE? This is the first LIVE RELEASE UPDATE!! IT was still beta before now. The legacy of Romulus is the First chapter of the continuation of the story where the movies left off. IS anyone else up to date? WOW..... I feel like I was walking through a mental ward with some of the talking. To talk about it as if it is a surprise the launch failed, we knew it would have an issue, we knew it would be needing an update to fix the "hiccups" and we all talked about it. SHEESH ..... way to tell the team they are appreciated for even creating the stuff for you to see on the tribble. The TEST server is a PREVIEW PLAYER FOR CONTENT people. It means you TEST the ITEMS THEY ARE PROGRAMMING FOR MAJOR UPDATES AND CONTENT. As the flight path of a ship is already programmed, and marked and all they have to do is make a skin to cover the codes it is not listed as a MAJOR CHANGE.

IF you want to quit, fine, however you miss out on the real game. I have had the patience to deal with this for years on other games after they were doing EXPANSION UPDATES and were down for MONTHS!!! STO gets back up within hours to days and WOW took SIX MONTHS to UPDATE!! You think this is complaining, they didn't even have a support like the forum to even get an explanation. You just got a *the game is temporarily unavailable and we are working to restore it. We are sorry for the inconvience."

I feel like most come on here to do what they do just because they want the game to fail and the team to lose hope and quit. Lucky for you people like me will be here to tell them as the one in the hundreds of posts that I believe in the job they do and I appreciate them. Instead of Thanking them for responding quickly and politely telling them you are awaiting an answer to see if there is a solution, you act like they took your cellphone and threw it in the water. *shaking head* Would you want to recieve that kind of flack if you were doing your job? Would you like to hear what you are saying for doing what was told for a way to earn the money they use to feed their kids? Less we forget, they have family as well and with that comes the sacrifice they make to make you happy and the LAST thing I see on here is a THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER!. I am at least happy they were nice enough to say they were working on it. WOW took TWO WEEKS to say ANYTHING!!! That is why I am here!!!! I will stay here, I like the game and I like the way the staff replies and works.

The feedback pages are excellent as well. Here you get to help write the game, and again you complain about what you don't get or can't do or want... post it as a suggestion in a positive way instead of saying "EPIC FAIL" and see if they respond better... consider it a challenge. I would love to see the forum rants be more suggestions and talking of what worked for others. That would mean we are all ADULTS like we show our kids to be. *shaking head* to think some teenager can see these adult members demand the answer and treat everyone like trash means they follow the example... Would you want them doing the programming in the game after they saw you acting that way to model the behavior in turn to give you that kind of customer service and say" you get what you give" LOLOLOLOL

LOL I'm not mad at them ... Figure they doing what they can .... BUT.... If they are taking the time to read this longwinded message and not working on the problem then yeah I would be upset with them ... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got to the shuttle after the first ground mission, then server stopped responding.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *waves hand furiously above head*
    I predicted it!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10088791&postcount=1

"be glad I didn't sit home ranting about it all day."

Are you sure about that? :P
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and weeee will make them PAY for what they've done!
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    Sure would be nice to play sometime today.

I hear ya brother. Been waiting 5 hours now. [11 counting maint]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chiefbrex wrote: »
    Wow! Someone who's intelligent! BTW, isn't Pliocene hominids another term for trolls? At least, with respect online etiquette? And you're welcome. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't having a tantrum right now. Although, I am admittedly disappointed. I would think LTS'ers would be lucky enough to at least get into game. I still think regionalizing their servers, instead of having a single World Server broken up into Shards and Instances, would be a better solution. Blizzard and Bioware use such regional servers successfully, and 98% of the time, the maintenance cycle affects them all at the same time. I can understand if, monetarily, this would be an expensive endeavor for Cryptic, but, if they started saving up the money now, they could implement it within a year or 2. And, after that, bye bye server instability. Then they'd only suffer this kind of issue on Expansion day, instead of every patch day. Oh well...

I would be most upset if they had regional servers to be quite honest. I have made very good friends in the United States and Australia that I would otherwise not have met, or at least not all at once. Not only that but my better half is in a different country, so I would not have met her had the servers been split in such a fashion.

As for Cryptics issues, from what I understand of the server architecture employed for games such as STO, where it shares certain hardware with other products (in this case Neverwinter Nights and Champions Online) the only hardware that is physically shared is the proxy layer.

This layer is what routes all the incoming and outgoing data packets to their correct destinations which, if my information is correct, is partly what allows people to communicate across all three of Cryptics games. Were they to increase the amount of blades in the proxy layer as well as increase the bandwidth dedicated to this hardware then we should see a massive drop in communications disruptions.

If someone with actual working knowledge of multi-platform interconnected gaming server architecture could verify this, or perhaps one of Cryptics own staff, I'd be grateful. After all, I don't want to go around making assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone from Craptic care to comment on why this is not fixed yet?
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, just attempted to login after the patch, I am unable to get into the character selection menu. Keeps bumping me to the user name/password screen.

The message "Login Fail for Unknown Reasons" keeps popping up.

Is it a server load reason?

Is it that the NEW content keeps crashing?

Is there an official link to and official answer for this problem. Hoping it gets resolved soon so I can try the new content out.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    I am playing #neverwinter right now. With my new cat cape from the catastrophe!

So does that mean NW is actually on a separate server after all?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's getting hot in here, so take off all those servers.

I am getting so hot. I'm going take off my server! :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man it took 10 hours to get the patch installed and now i can't log in like the rest of us. I'm starting to think there is no LoR its all a trick to sell those packs and the real launch is next week.:(
  • stephane2258stephane2258 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's good to see that many people seem interested to come back for the new contain. It's bad to see that the server cannot cope with it. An I apparently also one of those that didn't received my extra character slot. I've created one character, before supper, when I was able to logged in and I cannot create more. But that was the slot that I already have. And I couldn't create a Reman character neither, even if I have 3 characters that completed the reputation.
  • asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just going to see how long the Server Not Responding gets up to before I get tired of it
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Unknown reason
  • nscar1420nscar1420 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really didn't want to sign in to STO today anyway. Ill just watch Top Gear instead. That show never fails me!!!
  • ru55110ru55110 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I betcha Data encrypted the server security protocols with that sequence in TNG: Brothers, in Picards voice, the server got confused and keeled over in protest!
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more QQ. I keep catching up to the end of the thread. QQ mOwa.

seriously 9 hour patch time, i'm back now from RL (shivers) 'n if I cant play I wanna read some top shelf QQ.
    k gO,
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm now fighting with both the "Retrieving Character List" issue and a new issue - Retriving List Of Maps.

I can - though not reliably - reach the character select screen. When I get there, it takes an age to load my characters - which, by the way, are bugged to all high heaven; my Starfleet captain has three Orion boffs >:\ - and when I click to login, it tells me my Romulan had an unsafe logout. I select safe login, a message about retreiving the list of maps comes up.

A minute or so later, i'm booted back to the login screen with a "Login Failed for unknown reasons" error.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent 300 hundred dollars for gold, and hundreds on lock box keys...etc. this sucks, I demand to be able to log on now! how about Now!!!!! ok now? common guys fix this. You guys better hurry up and fix this before all the sto players withdraw subsides and we start doing other things like moving out of our chairs and living in the real world.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite interesting, I actually managed to log in, after a fashion (retried for over half an hour). Can walk around on Nimbus 3, but can't turn any quests in, not even doff mission claims respond.

Just tried instance hopping for the heck of it, and...

...yeah, it's not going anywhere. Game's learning to count, if nothing else.

On the bright side, there was no lag. :P

Oh well, I got four hours in at least (game went live at 11:51am PST).

Huh, there's a new one. "timeout while waiting for GameServer address."
  • moutoku343moutoku343 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm also having the same issue...

please help us!
  • mscowboymscowboy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused. Aren't they supposed to have a queue so that they don't get overloaded like this? What exactly is the point of being a gold member and bypassing queues if they aren't even using them, and just throwing everyone in at once so that the servers can time everyone out?
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Doughnut break. Will be back after these messages. :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • erawra1erawra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nscar1420 wrote: »
    I really didn't want to sign in to STO today anyway. Ill just watch Top Gear instead. That show never fails me!!!

:eek: Wait... There's a new Top Gear episode?

I thought it was on break.
  • garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    doughnut Break. Will Be Back After These Messages. :p

Lmfao! XDDDDDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    So does that mean NW is actually on a separate server after all?

I guess, I would have bet they shared some resources. NW is running fine, ie I can log in to that, lol
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • lisslelissle Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saladinbob wrote: »
    Six hours to patch, finally log in and I find my missions has reset back to the very beginning, all progress lost. Then to add insult to injury, I loose connection to the server and can't log back in again.

I recently came back after long break (I played the Beta and a few weeks after) and I said this at the time and I'll say this again. Giving Cyrptic this licence was the biggest mistake Viacom ever made. They are just not equipped to handle a licence of this popularity. Flame me if you like for this opinion but the proof is there to see every peak time log in, every patch day (and that's before I start on the actual in-game issues such as comically bad animations and voice acting).

Says you.... this is not proof of anything....
    How many times was WoW down during major patches and expansions? well how many? So we should yank WoW license from Blizzard for launch issues.....

Many of us are in same boat but we are not off on a tangent like you are, a launch with major changes is bound to have issues, also have you stop to think that there a lot of people trying to login at once and that its causing a bottle neck? No, you didn't....
  • chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server's been down so long, I've removed lint from my bellybutton 3 times. Super serial.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Doughnut break. Will be back after these messages. :P

I AM NOT YOUR SNACK, SIR! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
This discussion has been closed.