test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone else actually been able to get in after the patch?
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zilla75 wrote: »
    TRIBBLE the people complaining about people complaining, You are just forum trolls, heres some food, EAT IT.!!!!! PWE, get your TRIBBLE together! how many mistakes does it take?????If you make people not care then they wont.Im about done with you jokes.

it so funny that you blame PWE for a game that was made by Cryptic long before PWE came into the picture PWE owns Cryptic that is all they give them the money to put into the games Cryptic creates and gives advice how to run them but your blaming the wrong company and there is no reason to blame Cryptic either this was to be expected 4 or so hours after launch and everyone and there grandmother was trying to log in at once
  • Options
    m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Based on what I was seeing before being unceremoniously booted during a map change, this is a server load issue. There pretty sick lag times when completing missions.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree, with Launcher problems, patching slowness and now this. ST:O has been inaccessible to me since the Server went down at 3pm. It's now 11.54pm and pretty much about time for me to head off and attempt again 3pm tomorrow.

How many MMO's have these guys done, how many years Experience do they have?

In dog years?
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a speck of life is showing
    So the failure must be growing
    Are the servers all a-glowing
    Is the login timeout mowing

Yes, the failure must be growing
    As the forum posts aren't slowing
    And the dev team isn't showing
    Any signs the bugs are going!!!
  • Options
    taipmetalmantaipmetalman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the game launched and then it says retrieving characters, and then fails to log in for unknown reasons.
  • Options
    kdakota#5438 kdakota Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After downloading their hyped up 6GB patch.. getting the cant login for unkown reason when trying to popluate the player list..

ROFL! Guess I dont get to play today...
  • Options
    powermikerpowermiker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make sure that when you work on your appearance after you succeed to login that you SAVE your appearance. well i hope i still have it now!
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    V'Ger: Warning Warning, carbon based units known as the STO Dev team infesting Legacy of Romulus log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dessniper wrote: »
    A few people have activated a [Nerd Rage Battery - Large]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZVdR19E5mU
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reporting in with the same issue.

"Login failed for an unknown reasion"

After LOR patch
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Players who or lifetime or a gold subscriber DO get a priority in queue. Look at the queue number, if you're lifetime you'll see a number something like 321 out of 1285. It means it pushed nine hundred odd free players back in line so you could get in line with subscribers.

I don't think you have any clue as to what you're talking about. I have a Lifetime and its not helping me at all. Basically it can't retrieve my Account (it stalls trying to get a list of characters). So I would suspect that it can't tell what type of account I have.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played for 3 hours..... the lag with mission turn-ins and moving items got bad at the end, so I decided to stop playing for now. No problem, I expected much worse to happen much sooner !:)
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Want a cookie? :P
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huh, login issues? Oh well; I'm surprised it took this long, really. At least I got my new Romulan to level 9. I suppose I'll go watch Deep Space 9 and get something to eat in the meantime!

omg this is F2P ...........really ????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    It is PWE and Cryptics responsibility (like any good company) to deliver what they promised on time and functional.

If you went and bought a new couch and it was delivered on time, but with only 2 legs would you say "Oh that's ok, I know you guys worked hard to get me my couch so having it all slanted is fine just hurry and rush out that "fix."

Well....was that couch given to you free of charge? Because then we can talk about your analogy.
  • Options
    sheerah321sheerah321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For months now Cryptic has been pumping the new Romulan Legacy game play. With bated breath I sat watching my slow correction painfully slow patch download, after hours of waiting I was greeted with a failure to understand my password then to add insult to injury being told I couldn't log in for unknown reasons. Strange thing is why was I surprised Cryptic has never had an update where something didn't go wrong ...I'm just waiting for the log in to get fixed just so I can see the new Romulan ships fly upside down and backwards
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember playing Eve Online when they did a massive overhaul, it was called trinity. It moved the entire game from DX7 to DX9, updated ALL textures in the game, added new content, ships, systems and gameplay mechanics. It basically changed the game from what it was to what it became. Guess what...took about 4 hours downtime and that was it. The patch took 30 minutes to download, the servers DIDNT crumble under the pressure. This is just complete, utter lack of foresight and competence.
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second that, canny dog.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is this not fixed yet?
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »

Yes please, do you have raisin oatmeal?
  • Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i get as far as "retrieving list of characters", then it tells me "login failed for unknown reason"... im getting sick of all of this. when is this going to be fixed?
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fawxsoul wrote: »
    Well, we've come to this now have we? "Unknown reason" really? In this day and age with technology as advanced as it is, diagnostic software that can produce 50 thousands lines of code a second and "Unknown Error" :mad:

As a life time member, as someone insane enough to buy the legacy pack when it came out and even insane enough to keep putting money in so I can fiddle with the new toys as they come out... I'm disappointed here. Very long download for an update, massive update in fact all told it seemed to be at least a gig in size if the download counters are to be believed. For an LCARS menu screen that looks very much like the one from Bridge Commander, a game from the 90s.

Unknown Error :confused: why unknown error, why not just tell us the error why does it need to be unknown? Has Veeger returned and wants to bond with the creator? Has Nomad desired to improve the Cryptic Servers? Did the borg queen get all hot and bothered over your motherboards and your having to use hand-fans to dry them off before you can turn them back on? What really happened? :cool:

If you really think that LoR is just a LCARS UI update, you need glasses and a link to the patchnotes good sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »

yes please *hold out hand*
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here login failed for an unknown reason.
  • Options
    jmacomberjmacomber Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »

again, more things making my day :)
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tosalen wrote: »
    Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P
    They are efficient.
    "Chief engineer's log, USS Enterpise I think this new ship was put together by monkeys. She's got a fine engine~"
    "But half the people can't log in, and guess whose job it is to make it right?"
    See I doubt they are lose much if any money on this issue, as most players will simply spend tomorrow what they were going to spend today.

HOWEVER, that being said I do not doubt their engineer's dedication to fixing this game asap. Mostly because the interaction they have with the community as well as the fact that it scores them points on the real life reputation system. :P

Now you see if it was a Klingon engineer who had this kind of failing he might not live to be pissed at his mistake.

According to the brilliant Haynes Bird of Prey guide, Klingon ships do have escape pods....except for engineers. Apparently if the ship fails enough to be destroyed and the Engineers can't save it, then they have to go down with the ship. Harsh? Yes, it's the Klingon way. But certainly motivating. For that to apply to game developers of course it would require game design to occur in the Tron-verse.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casbyness wrote: »

Quoth the server hamsters: "Never more!"
  • Options
    thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also getting the "login failed for unknown reason" now for the past 45 minutes
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets play a game, I call it reach 1,000 posts in this thread before they fix the issue!
This discussion has been closed.