test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Chief engineer's log, the enterpeise has a fine engine, but I think this ship was put together by monkeys"
  • asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Paying customers are sick to death of this BS"

Don't presume to to speak for me, a paying customer. I'm okay, patient and prepared to wait. This is nothing new, and to be frank the grief currently being given on this thead is no surprise. After 10 years of MMORPGing, this should kind of hitch with a new expansion especially on a popular f2p should NOT be a surprise, chill.
  • crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Huh, login issues? Oh well; I'm surprised it took this long, really. At least I got my new Romulan to level 9. I suppose I'll go watch Deep Space 9 and get something to eat in the meantime!
  • nuclearketchupnuclearketchup Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to play! :)
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to get in for the past hour since patching completed, but see the same issue as everyone else...retrieving list of characters then unable to login for unknown reason.

I logged in last night to delete one of my few non-lvl-65 characters to ensure I had a slot open for Romulat today (bye bye Fathead, lvl 11 Alien cruiser captain)...so I know my account is working fine as of last night.

I notice the forum page says "some" users are having this problem. Wonder what % "some" is..they make it sound like a few users but maybe its 75%?

Are servers all full...do I need to wait for someone to crash out before one of the thousand people in waiting who times login just right can get in?
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how long do we think it will take them to sort out the *small* number of people being unable to log in?

*By small I actually mean loads*

How many other glitchy treats do they have in store for us if/when we finally get past the login screen?:rolleyes:

Having already had the pleasure of logging in for over an hour tonight, I can say in all honesty that there are not that many bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • ettenokettenok Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how long this will take... Dust 514 looks good atm, but I'd really rather be taking down some Borg. Same issue though, unable to login for an unknown reason.
  • devilzadvocatedevilzadvocate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the growing list of people who cannot login for an "unknown reason" error. Would like to play but cannot enter game
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suspect this is all a clever move to make the KDF players rage about something other than plasmonic leech >.>
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • ozforceozforce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interestingly, i did not have the slow downloading speeds, it only took about 30 minutes with my godlike NBN internet while i was watching a delver video, and then once i got in i got to the characters and then...''unable to login for unknown reason'' after about 3 tries, i gave up, but once i closed the game i noticed my firewall was blocking some things of STO, so i unblocked it, started it up again, entered my stuff, same thing happened, tried 3 times again, same thing.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Legacy of Romulus is too epic for Internet to handle. lol :P
    signwidrona.png
  • marsprojectmarsproject Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder since this issue has occurred I seen no actual constructive criticism is posted I will assume this is noting but whiners and complainers.

Its a game y'all .. get a grip it is not the end of the world. So you are inconvenienced for a issue that was a oversight somewhere .. I tell you what the sun will still rise tomorrow and I will still play STO and for those who don't come back , Your bad

Dude don't give me that holier than thou attitude, it just makes you sound like a douche, I busted my TRIBBLE at work today and I want to relax by blowing up borg and klingons when I log in, not see these "failed to login for unknown reasons" messages.
  • vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Login failed for unknown reason."

Got dumped from the server trying to turn in a mission, and now can't log in.

Add me to the list.
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tosalen wrote: »
    Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P

Now, if only that might happen... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I laugh at all the players getting pissed on a day of a new expansion that expect everything to go so smoothly

be patient all you young padawans your game will work ..... eventually

I was actually quite surprised that I was able to log in at all today.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon but LOL. this is ALL i could think of when I read this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if Cryptic retired the hamsters and used guinea pigs instead...

Those same hamsters are also the ones investigating the cause of the login failures.

Heh.

That's the word for today's release.

FAIL
    XzRTofz.gif
  • nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What annoys me the most, is they no this will happen so why not fix it before it does, buy new servers, or get extra, what ever it takes. I mean come on. Every dam update this BS happens. Come on Cyrptic, get ur act together and sort it once and for all so we have minimal issues. It doesnt matter if ur F2P or LTS (as i am) we should be able to play the game we all want to play
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Er yes, related as far as server overload.

Solution is everyone continue to try to log in until it crashes, we need to have as many as possible to log out as we can
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idrona wrote: »

More the internet is telling us these guys are unfit to run a fast food joint let alone a MMORPG when you cleary had time to shore up stuff before launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the 20th try I got in, it took 15s+ me to pick a different character. When I started to load, I got to 94.14 and then server not responding, timed out.. now back to unknown reason
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying to get in for the past hour since patching completed, but see the same issue as everyone else...retrieving list of characters then unable to login for unknown reason.

I logged in last night to delete one of my few non-lvl-65 characters to ensure I had a slot open for Romulat today (bye bye Fathead, lvl 11 Alien cruiser captain)...so I know my account is working fine as of last night.

I notice the forum page says "some" users are having this problem. Wonder what % "some" is..they make it sound like a few users but maybe its 75%?

Are servers all full...do I need to wait for someone to crash out before one of the thousand people in waiting who times login just right can get in?

If I were a gambling man, and I am, I would say that it is a load balancing issue and that the login server is effectively "playing it safe" by limiting logins. Only instead of creating login queues it seems to have just blocked whole groups of people from logging in altogether.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • numar1xnumar1x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQto you.:D:D:D
  • lunetaxlunetax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *cough Diablo3 launch cough*

I guess I can wait patiently, I will just watch the screen and see if I can see my new home circling past on the planet surface.... Wait!!!.... Oh nope... just another empty landmass...
  • kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Brandon but LOL. this is ALL i could think of when I read this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-rQ6Jay6w

Great Minds think alike I was going to Post the Family Guy Version XD
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tau9 wrote: »
    and here i was going to spend money on my new rommy toon, cant even get into the game to do it, wonder how much money they are loosing out on today with this servers "unknown reason" problem, cmon cryptic, spend some of those dollars on a server that works........:mad:

See I doubt they are lose much if any money on this issue, as most players will simply spend tomorrow what they were going to spend today.

HOWEVER, that being said I do not doubt their engineer's dedication to fixing this game asap. Mostly because the interaction they have with the community as well as the fact that it scores them points on the real life reputation system. :P
  • swtogxswtogx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been trying for a while now and I just logged in!!
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captains log, still wont flush down the toilet.

We have tried everything, the smell is so bad that ted, the guy that runs the ships computer core has passed out and things are going down hill. Tried to send a rescue party in after ted, they were never heard from again. I have given the order to abandon ship and had the captain summarily executed for gross violation of health and safety legislation.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great Minds think alike I was going to Post the Family Guy Version XD

lol that was great too
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    idrona wrote: »

And people say that no one plays this game... ;):rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.