test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They've been working 6+ days a week for months trying to put together the best game possible for us to play. I'm sure they're doing their best to get whatever problems have cropped up fixed ASAP.

Let's cut them a little slack, guys.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what a bunch of losers, why they don't let us complain about their lack of competence
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can't see the other threads about the same thing? The problem may be more than just the game.
    Your PC may need lots of help!
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • tosalentosalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The 10GB download went smoothly, in just under an hour ( go high speed internet!!) but now I'm getting the "unknown reason" at login. I guess it's to be expected with a change of this magnitude.

Yes because getting tired of all MMO companies all having the exact same day 1 issues with every launch/expansion for the last 15 years is considered whiny nowadays. . . . . .
  • geekntgeeknt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What? Now we overloaded your forum server too?
    You're right, it's easier just to to delete thread, at least it will appear that only "some" players have issue.
  • kaaahhhhhnnnnnkaaahhhhhnnnnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder since this issue has occurred I seen no actual constructive criticism is posted I will assume this is noting but whiners and complainers.

Its a game y'all .. get a grip it is not the end of the world. So you are inconvenienced for a issue that was a oversight somewhere .. I tell you what the sun will still rise tomorrow and I will still play STO and for those who don't come back , Your bad

If only life was that back and white, Some of us have responsibilities and have to plan free time to play! That is why we are so disappointed!
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Good deal. Should we just watch the top announcements then when you guys get a resolution?
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got past the patch, after taking 4 hours to do the first 2% then it started dl'ing at a normal speed. I was so excited at finally being able to log in, and now this inability to retrieve characters pops up. Sometimes I wish we could continue playing without any of the patch TRIBBLE, cause I had absolutely no problems logging in pre-patch.
  • swtogxswtogx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why can't the message boards ever go down instead of the game?? All day at work today I was looking forward to playing.
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well actually I'm updating it on my laptop to see what happens as a test bed :) and I re installed it to a different folder on my pc fresh for giggles .. isn't this so much more fun than wiping out the Borg :)
  • seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how long do we think it will take them to sort out the *small* number of people being unable to log in?

*By small I actually mean loads*

How many other glitchy treats do they have in store for us if/when we finally get past the login screen?:rolleyes:
  • nickx303nickx303 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Happened to me too just now.
    So much for going on for a bit before getting some sleep.
    Guess I'll (hopefully) get on after work tomorrow :(
  • roswellgornakroswellgornak Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They can't take the truth so they deleted the last thread.

They hyped this new rollout, people paid hard earned money then can't play.

We are justified to be a little "miffed"
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about this when I issue a charge back "cant pay for unknown reasons"
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    considering all the money people have pored into said game, and it's system plays to certain psychological problems to make them spend more, I think the have the right to be angry.

Yea they even go so far as to punish us for not logging in (ie missing your daily missions and refining dilithium)
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tosalen wrote: »
    Well you also need to add some liberated borg engineers to your crew. That'll speed things up. :P

They need engineers, period
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • boulot11boulot11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ran home from work, popped the cap of a bottle of my fave brew, got the chips ready.... and.... it's TV time !
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

that list will be longer than this thread soon :D
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if Cryptic retired the hamsters and used guinea pigs instead...
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • tau9tau9 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and here i was going to spend money on my new rommy toon, cant even get into the game to do it, wonder how much money they are loosing out on today with this servers "unknown reason" problem, cmon cryptic, spend some of those dollars on a server that works........:mad:
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting Login Failed for unknown reason too with my other Computer but my Main Computer I am Logged in But with extreme Lag. I am Guessing with this extreme Lag Is why I am getting the other Issue.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

I do realize that today is the day the new expansion has launched, and that there are probably a few bugs to work out, but I haven't seen any new post related to this issue.

I updated to the new expansion patch just fine with my launcher, but when I am in game and attempt to log in, the game cannot get past the "Retrieving List of Characters" process. Each time it tries to get past this stage, it tells me it failed to connect for an "unknown reason". Any help to fix this issue would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Maestro93

Ha a few a lot more then a few.I cant even get to the login char screen selection.

And i am a life sub
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • shokar1shokar1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well was hoping to get on tonight but guess i'll just have to wait till the morning.. if i get time for before work :(
  • captainbozbaccacaptainbozbacca Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't know what the fuss is all about... i got in just fine. In the mirror universe....
  • scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unable to login due to Unknown reason.

I can get on to tribble, but not holodeck.

I did a force verify.

It didn't work

I did a force verify and Yoda warned me not to give in to my anger.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i logged on to klingon character finished up his assiments then clicked to switch to federation character to do his before trying out romulan character and game closed down on me now i get loing failutre due to unknown reason ? like wtf. there is a reason , unknown is BS. and i am HIGH pissed off that i actually spent money and pre bought a romulan package , and cannot even login to use it , so i guess if i cannot get access in the next 2-3 days i will be reversing that Credit Card transaction , and pwi can kiss my money good by.

I laugh at all the players getting pissed on a day of a new expansion that expect everything to go so smoothly

be patient all you young padawans your game will work ..... eventually
  • vodalokvodalok Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after being unable to resolve the Gasgo station mission for over 5 min, then still being unable to add Hiven to my bridge officers, I logged out to see if that would help. getting the login failed message now. they might be related.
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i queued for a Crystaline Catastrophe (normal), after 12 minutes(!) on the loading screen i was kicked bye the server (Unable to get server adress os something similar)... and now i can't log again because some "Unknown reason"...

Now to be fair i'm not angry or dissapointed, because i wasn't supposed to be playing anyway. I was expecting a lot od problems today, so i was planning to start playing tomorrow; but against my common sense i decided to play today anyway... so I deserved it
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
This discussion has been closed.