test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    hatch88hatch88 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here right as it's trying to load my characters.
  • Options
    xsxbxelementalxsxbxelemental Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    man at least it aint me i was going crazy
  • Options
    corruptedphazoncorruptedphazon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why do i have to even put up with this
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok launcher fail same as everyone am i the only one that seen this comeing
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not a great start at all. I should have known it would be like this. Time to read a book or play something else.
  • Options
    casmencasmen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must admit I just joined got to create a character relogged and boom it didn't let me... this was just half an hour ago...
  • Options
    cillic1cillic1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing the same thing I don't know what is going on but it's getting really annoying
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are several threads about this problem already. I tried login on Tribble and I had the same message. This is not encouraging...:mad:
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    anneonomousanneonomous Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Ok, somebody take him outside and beat the targ out of him. Hey! While your all here. I got a little party going. got some beer, got George Clinton and Parliement getting started....

Who knows the movie?

Wait a minute... no beer? Well, where the hell's Gutter?
  • Options
    jaxsk8rjaxsk8r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same problem...
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else having flashbacks to February 2, 2010????

I certainly am!
  • Options
    seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    I just want to thank Perfect World for reminding us why this game is free to play... all the frustrations are also free.

Can I ask, are you stupid, this updated game has only been running a short while, they said before it started it could take a bit to start running properly .
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    it honestly defys imagining how pwe and cryptic arent banrupt the 2 most pathetic games publishers ive ever been involved with gameforge are bad but these guys go from strength to strength with their TRIBBLE ups.. between exploits no support for weeks on end to login fiasco's.... i cant wait on free to play rift-trion....
  • Options
    mehomiemehomie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    login goes fine all patched up and gets to retrieving and fails due to unknown reasons ..... you knew you were launching an expansion ... you knew there was gonna be more ppl then usual and you already had network issues in previous weeks you had a ton of spending money from LoR pack ........... FIX THE NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    imthe13thdoctorimthe13thdoctor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And booted while typing last edit and now cannot retrieve character list.....
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    So many people suprised to not be able to log on right after a big update like this? lol

Glad I am at work right now anyway, servers should be stable when I get back. The rest of you might as well go play NW or watch Netflix or something. Knowing how big updates went before, it will probably be at least another 4+ hours before you can log on and not constantly crash.

I'm not sure what's sadder, people expecting to play after an update, or the guarantee that there will be "issues" after an update
  • Options
    bramble23bramble23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    failed for unknown reasons here aswell
  • Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im actually happy its not just me then experiencing this problem with the failed login.
    The new character login screen looks nice though :D

I too also expected it to be unplayable tonight, just look back to the start of season 7.
    However, Im still disappointed I cant get on again!
  • Options
    shaunklshaunkl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue.
    Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
    Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
    Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
  • Options
    amahcreallyamahcreally Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Login failed for an unknown reason" after hanging for a while trying to retrieve list of characters.

Also getting this... after 10 reloads of the launcher before it would finally get past the script errors and let me try to log in.
  • Options
    relizarrarasrelizarraras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing. Stuck at retrieving character list then the failed login message.
  • Options
    jackyrulezjackyrulez Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am getting this... It let me on I created my romulan and it said failed to create it logged me out ... and now I am getting Failed to log in for an unknown reason every time I log in now... I knew that the game would have problems at launch of LoR but all I want to do is play the LoR today on my day off...
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same exact thing here.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    ghosty365ghosty365 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ye having the same issue here =[
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here
  • Options
    stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I was stupid enough to buy the Legacy pack, and it seems they don't learn from their mistakes.

You had us all eating out of your hand here guys, we feel just a tad let down. :mad:
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was all going well,then timed out as I beamed back to ship. launched again,and this time,could not retrieve characters.
    Come on DEVS,whats going on here????
    Theres been far too many foul ups lately.
  • Options
    scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I keep getting booted at the "Loading characters stage"

It says it failed for unknown reasons. I think the reason is that Cryptic didn't stress test enough...

I am having the same exact issue. I was patching (at a glacial pace) and then was suddenly dropped from the patching process. When I restarted the patch I got script errors and a white page, but it SEEMED to be patching quickly.

I got an "Engage" and tried it. That is when I got to the loading screen and got "Logon failed for an unknown reason."

I restarted my computer and when I restarted STO the script error was gone, but I still get the "Logon failed for an unknown reason."

I don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall STO, but thats all I can think of as a next step unless someone here has a better idea.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am as well, and I've heard other corroborating reports. I'm wondering if anyone can login.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
This discussion has been closed.