test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavy lag in ESD, then beamed up and was put into my shuttle, rather than my chosen starship, and then when going to the shuttle bridge to change back to my starship, long load screen time, and then the same crash everyone else here is experiencing.

Add me to the list.
  • Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn my biological need to occasionally take in nutrients!

I log out for dinner, then come back to this! :D

It's just been that kinda week, and it's only Tuesday. :D
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember a lovely little incident involving another space-based MMO, subscription based one I might add, that had a wonderful content update that removed the boot partition from peoples Windows folder, effectively killing the entire machine.

tl;dr, hush up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    nutiketgotcnutiketgotc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to try my level 12 Romulan on Tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jael68jael68 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same thing is happening to me.
  • Options
    devilzadvocatedevilzadvocate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the growing list of people unable to log in due to "unknown reason."
  • Options
    requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    annnnd we all saw this coming didn't we... DIDN'T WE. It never flipping fails evar! :P
  • Options
    mikajensmikajens Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to sneak in after 3 login failes for unknown reason, and was looking at new mission, when the server disconnected me.

I relogin and it tells me i'm 523 of 1011 for login queue!!!!

NOT COOL!!!!! I was already in the game!!!

FYI, I'm loving the new character selection menu! =)

After finally making it in, i find:

- Can't delete old mail
    - No foundry
  • Options
    chong101chong101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We overloaded it...
  • Options
    hdspringerhdspringer Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is messed up took me 3 hours to down load your updates then I get a login error :mad:
  • Options
    wyteeagle777wyteeagle777 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Updating went really fast for me only a few min at most but then the same message for my toons.
  • Options
    suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was just switching to a different character and I'm getting " Login failed for an unknown reason" This did not happen while I was beta testing LoR on Tribble
  • Options
    bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    note to self: Perfect World launch date : 5/21/13
    actual day the game is playable: 5/22/13 or 5/23/13

you forgot to mention the possible crash on 5/24/13 ;)
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to the growing list of folks unable to login for unknown reasons. Fought like mad to get the prepatch downloaded last week and now this? I too am considering buying the LTS but now I'm not so sure.

There have been a lot of problems recently with Cryptic and it's games here in the last couple of weeks. NW goes "open beta" (be honest, if they're taking players money, it's live) and there were a lot of server/network problems that cause a lot of outages for ALL Cryptic games. NW also just had a MAJOR bug/exploit that they needed to kill ASAP.

STO has had more lag than normal since NW went "live", the whole prepatching debacle and now on what should be a banner day for them, there are problems with character slots not awarding and now a lot of folks can't even login to the game.

*Sigh*

I've got about an hour and change before RL steps in and takes me away for the rest of the night. With luck I'll be able to at least make a new character before then. :(
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    freemason4freemason4 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're gamers... there has GOT to be something else you could be doing. If not, then have patience.

Guess I'll just go back to making Poser TRIBBLE ;)

PS: I'm getting to Retrieving Characters before erring to logout as well... for unknown reasons, whatever THAT means.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me ask you this, does it come up with the message saying it's getting your character list, and then sits there for a few seconds longer than it should, and then get the failed login error?
    if so, I'm getting the same damn thing, and I think it's the game timing out.

same here :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its getting fixed right now and you should be able to log in soon. Just keep the faith..
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, I honestly dont know why its doing this it could be a data migration problem on the servers.... I mean with so many people finishing the download at once and logging in at the same time that could cause the data to stall and block up the network thus creating the error.

but to be honest in 2013 we shouldn't be having data migration issues unless something like 1 billion people tried to log in simultaneously.

I hope they fix it.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many people suprised to not be able to log on right after a big update like this? lol

Glad I am at work right now anyway, servers should be stable when I get back. The rest of you might as well go play NW or watch Netflix or something. Knowing how big updates went before, it will probably be at least another 4+ hours before you can log on and not constantly crash.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    ppdstingrayppdstingray Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exact same thing happening here.
  • Options
    tali9999tali9999 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, when i play **** and they TRIBBLE up with a patch or server goes down for other reasons than maintenance, they give us some freebies for our patience.

How about it Cryptic? How about some nice gifts to express your regrets about how you screwed up the launch?
    :(
  • Options
    rivatrivat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can only assume I've been very lucky. Just finished a few hours of play. Bit of lag early on, but fine since.
  • Options
    gunfruit1gunfruit1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNnnnnnnn

Yep having the same problem
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A launch fail of epic proportions,the list is endless,you people just dont learn from past issues do you?

1. Slooooooooooooooow patching.
    2. Stuck in queues to log in even being GOLD.
    3. Server not responding as soon as it deems ready to let me log in.
    4. Try to log in again, Unable to log in for Unknown reasons.
    5. Before I forget,no extra character slot for GOLD,but its there for Silver.

I'm only glad I haven't invested in a Legacy pack,first time i've not put my hand in my pocket for this game.Stand by for a patronising post telling us how much they are "working" on fixing everything,after 3 years it just doesn't ring true... :o
  • Options
    morinonmorinon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also one of the many people who got that. Submitted a support request for it, not too hopeful that it will be replied to before the issue is fixed.

Would be nice to know what the issue is.
  • Options
    belisalbelisal Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. Kinda getting annoyed at this.
  • Options
    matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember a lovely little incident involving another space-based MMO, subscription based one I might add, that had a wonderful content update that removed the boot partition from peoples Windows folder, effectively killing the entire machine.

tl;dr, hush up.

That sounds hilarious.
  • Options
    iam0utlawiam0utlaw Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what going on, i tried to log in all i get same result after 4-5 times..
  • Options
    infinitespacesinfinitespaces Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.