test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    arcticlight762arcticlight762 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah getting same thing here.
  • Options
    ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    I just want to thank Perfect World for reminding us why this game is free to play... all the frustrations are also free.

Lurk moar n008. This always happens.
  • Options
    shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same issue. Wasn't able to collect an episode reward. Been having the game time out going to a new sector or system a lot too and for the most part was able to exit the game and relog, but now I can't even do that.
  • Options
    emeraldagenda12emeraldagenda12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hsm2k4 wrote: »
    I just want to thank Perfect World for reminding us why this game is free to play... all the frustrations are also free.

lol. You must be new here
  • Options
    miksalotmiksalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. It tries to retrieve my chars and then times out. Login failed for unknown reason. I was getting REALLY long load times between zones before it just timed out on me and I had to close the client. Then when I tried to log back on, well you get what we have here.
  • Options
    delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I patched at a snails pace.
    I finally got to launch and log in.
    Then I sat in queue.
    Then I got to finally connect.
    Then I lagged hard.
    Then I got booted from the server back to log-in screen.
    Then I couldn't connect.
    Now I'm back in queue.

Best patch day ever.
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every time i launch the game i get stuck on retrieving list of characters then i get the message login failed unknown reason. any help please
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    kalder77kalder77 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same "login failed for an unknown reason"
    (no character slot too, had to delete one, to create a romulan)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Badaboom
  • Options
    razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I keep getting booted at the "Loading characters stage"

It says it failed for unknown reasons. I think the reason is that Cryptic didn't stress test enough...

Me too, after trying for 3 hours now to patch to login. Now it appears the login servers aren't letting anyone login now.

Thank god I didn't have high hopes to play today, because I KNEW they'd TRIBBLE this up and it would be so bad I probably wouldn't be able to play until tomorrow because of it.

At least they didn't disappoint me! lol
  • Options
    bleapsbleaps Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( old skool timeout me thinks ...TOO MOOCH TRAFFICS
  • Options
    boleasdeaceroboleasdeacero Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem, just i can log in one time whit a looong download screen who pop ups the red mensage "Failed to conect the server", and then in the same screen star to patch out whit the white letters like the ones u have when u go to mision to level up, and when i show in the academy the game disconect me and try to long in but when i reach the "Retreving list of characters" the game kick me out and tell me "Login failed for an unknown reason":mad:
  • Options
    requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta remember though a lot of players are actually kids, so your comment is quite true with the childish part.
  • Options
    mrsarcastomrsarcasto Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting the same message.

After cryptic and LOR loading screens I get the "retrieving list of characters..." message for a few mins. followed by "Log in failed for unknown reason"
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took a while and a few restarts before I finally got all patched up, then game loads and gives me the "Login failed due to unknown reason" message. I tried 4 more times to no avail. Is there a way to fix this?
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    confessor1978confessor1978 Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    i would be patient im sure when they pull their heads outta their arses they will realise they forgot to turn login servers on,heck you must heard about the TRIBBLE up this week with neverwinter but they rushed to fix it so wait and be rewarded with a fix
    some time in the next few weeks :P
  • Options
    trekbob5trekbob5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue here...
  • Options
    arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now login queue of doom. Well I'm surprised it went as smoothly as it did for 3 hours.
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after the launcher fiasco, i managed to finally login to one toon, got a few things done and went to switch char, and failed for unknown reason!!! :o kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!!!!!!!!! restarted got past login and failed to retrieve char for unknown reason!?!?!?bah!!! please fix and thank you... also the ui sucks now -.-
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login Failed for an unknown reason? After a very long slow patching I got this.

Very Unhappy. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    arcticlight762arcticlight762 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here... login failed for some reason it says LOL
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrsarcasto wrote: »
    Getting the same message.

After cryptic and LOR loading screens I get the "retrieving list of characters..." message for a few mins. followed by "Log in failed for unknown reason"

Exact same issue for me.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    kestrel5kestrel5 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've tried 14 times to log in but I get an error that reads.... Failed to login unknow reason. Devs what are you all going to do to fix this.:mad:
  • Options
    rooster75rooster75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. I'm getting it too. "Login failed for unknown reason"
  • Options
    jjgrands420jjgrands420 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same trouble. i know the reason tho. this game sucks, 3 years too late, too little. good show failcraptic. oh please ban this account too. as paying from closed beta gets you nothing from these fukking koksukkers.
  • Options
    chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else finding this happening...As soon as you get online this pops up?

Login failed for unknown reason
    4058756.jpg
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was on earlier, and logged off to do some work- when I tried logging back in, I got this issue.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    miksalot wrote: »
    Yup. It tries to retrieve my chars and then times out.
    Same here. :(
  • Options
    dieutoutpuissantdieutoutpuissant Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4h to patch, then can't log in after a 300s "server not responding". Bye bye STO, going to play a game where the publisher pays for some bandwith and servers. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had an issue with handing in a mission so I tried to log out and back in quick. So much for quick...stuck at retrieving characters...failed for unknown reason.
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
This discussion has been closed.