test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm getting "Login failed for an unknown reason" after attempting to retrieve the character list.

I'm sad
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's see if they beat the usual par of page 50 in a thread before fixing an issue with the new expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You expect the game to run perfectly just a few hours after an entire expansion dropped? This has happened to every MMO ever. You're acting childish.

And what of the server problems we had in the last few weeks, before LoR? :rolleyes:
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had this message about 25-30 times, i got into the queue ~5 times, was kicked every time shortly before i hit the 1st place
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And the worst part is we're not even close to "rush hour" yet...:confused:
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • ariochddariochdd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The longest slow patch in the history and now... failed to login. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic never stress tests. all their money from lockboxes goes into buying private jets for PWE

I swear you're not far off from the truth. It's clear they're making money off ftp with all the zen being purchased (I know I for one have spent $500 on this game or more over the past 5 mos alone(, but it's also clear that their efforts are no different today than what they were when they launched this game, which is very very very poor when it comes to doing stupid things and having little to no common sense when making choices.
  • johndroidjohndroid Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hinkszorn wrote: »
    WTF........ this is now pissing me off. For those that are going to say "why dont you QQ some more" well you can take a hike. This is not like a patch to fix something, this is a patch that you have know about for a LONG LONG Time. This loading TRIBBLE you should have know about. The amount of people that are playing again you should have know cause its new stuff and people wanted to look at it. But now after 3 and 1/2 hours of patching i log in and i am ready and..........

LOGIN FAILED FOR SOME REASON

WTF, this is TRIBBLE.

I'm having same problem ? I got in to run about ten feet and looked at the ground on qonos and i looked like super fast shadows moving but coldnt see anything is this invisible dudt or some ugly glitch then i looked at myself and look skinny and traller same settings yes i made sure, i was looking at all this glamorous junk you put into game and its not helping gameplay zip nada nothing ??? why look good or waste time making it look different bwhen nothing was wrong with looks before ?? gameplay was the PROBLEM not Glamour dinks ?? we need fixes not more ugly junk in our way , so then i tried to beam up to ship , crash crash crash crasah ....... uuuuhhhhgggg !!!!
  • hsm2k4hsm2k4 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    note to self: Perfect World launch date : 5/21/13
    actual day the game is playable: 5/22/13 or 5/23/13
  • nithanathnithanath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login failed for unknown reason.

Would you be surprised if I said I am not surprised?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oowoonoowoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got the same problem, I'm not sweating over it though. It'll be resolved when it is resolved.

People need to take a chill pill. It's launch day for a major expansion.

On another note, patching for me was swift as hell.
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup. At least it isn't just me.
  • yamiyami Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I'm currently having the same issue... I got disconnected and am unable to log back in
  • matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And what of the server problems we had in the last few weeks, before LoR? :rolleyes:

I guess I don't get so worked up over a video game :D
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Misery loves company. I'm looking at the same issue.

:( :rolleyes:
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • weirdstealthweirdstealth Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me ask you this, does it come up with the message saying it's getting your character list, and then sits there for a few seconds longer than it should, and then get the failed login error?
    if so, I'm getting the same damn thing, and I think it's the game timing out.
  • arwynstararwynstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also experiencing the same issue. I will open a support ticket.:(
  • bloodfrontbloodfront Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This, Taken from the STO Twitter feed:
    Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 7m
    Hi Captains! We're investigating the error some players are reporting at the login screen.

Somebody wake me up when the bulls**t finally ends!
  • tethran1tethran1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 hours to complete the last 3% of the patch...
    Now I'm stuck with "Login failed for an unknown reason".
    Seriously.
    What the hell?

I've been trying to play since I finished work this evening.
    It's now time for me to head to sleep so that I can go to work in the morning.
    I've still not got past the login screen.
  • kerukiraikerukirai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this issue as well. Probably should expect login queues later tonight, but hopefully they get this fixed soon. I was expecting a lot of people to come back to the game for the Romulans anyway. I know I did.
  • rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm getting the same. It says its retrieving the character list and then says it can't log in.
    Ok now I'm logged in. Its showing Im in que because the servers are full. Awesome! LOL
    I'm getting "invalid username or password" even though they're the same as my forum login and it's obviously working...

The 1200 people behind me in queue right now probably wont miss you. :D
  • kitsunekun2kitsunekun2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I keep getting booted at the "Loading characters stage"

It says it failed for unknown reasons. I think the reason is that Cryptic didn't stress test enough...

Same thing happening to me, I bet it's all the people logging in for the new update.
  • arcticlight762arcticlight762 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same error here!! :(
  • corruptedphazoncorruptedphazon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here...so tired of this...if it wasnt for paying lt two years ago, i wouldnt even be here dealing with this ****
  • cillic1cillic1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is also happening to me
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nuts, I'm among those afflicted as well.

On the plus side, I can report that the new UI on the login screen looks great! :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nevawinna wrote: »
    launcher is a blank window, error popup window staitng a script error in line 225: "$" is undefined, URL http://launcher.startrekonline.com/js/custom-form-elements.js followed by about 4 similar errors
    This is on Steam

just because you downloaded on steam does not mean it due to it being on steam yes steam will reconize that your playing it while logged into steam but the game has it own launcher and will there fore every one might have this issue even though there not on steam so this is not a local issue because you are on steam, I finally got patched but now am getting log in failed and have relogged several time with no success
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm trying to login on the holodeck server and it's giving me that same error
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Heavy lag in ESD, then beamed up and was put into my shuttle, rather than my chosen starship, and then when going to the shuttle bridge to change back to my starship, long load screen time, and then the same crash everyone else here is experiencing.

Add me to the list.
This discussion has been closed.