test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Slow patching speed? Restart your launcher!

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice it patch a lot faster now :) rest works
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no change whats so ever... :rolleyes:
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, it did not. It still wants to patch the same amount of data it did on the first launch.

Mine started again however getting speed of 1+ meg now
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As i expected this does not help.Not to me atleast :(
    Congratz about longest patching ever, 6 hours 30mins and counting :)
    Is anyone investigating, watching or doing something to fix this?
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't restart your launcher if you're on the last 200mb, it doesn't save progress of that it seems.
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    picard99 wrote: »
    As i expected this does not help.Not to me atleast :(

didyou get a message saying "trying to patch launcher" ?

it downloads like a 2meg file then goes like anything
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    after restarting launcher things went quite fast, but now have dropped speed again....

come on guys..... this is starting to get very annoying...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    graptor wrote: »
    Don't restart your launcher if you're on the last 200mb, it doesn't save progress of that it seems.

this, so ty brandon.. nicely done there.. now redoing the same stuff i did before, with the same speed = slow.

your an awsome Community Rep
  • Options
    omfgidntcareomfgidntcare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly you ppl talk ****, it always goes back to 0% but the amount to download is reduced by how much you downloaded before you reset, and i can confirm for me and 5 of my friends on vent when we restarted the launcher when Brandon said it was much faster, i have d/l'd 800mb since he posted that 10 minutes ago :)
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    graptor wrote: »
    it dose...
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this, so ty brandon.. nicely done there.. now redoing the same stuff i did before, with the same speed = slow.

your an awsome Community Rep

Please don't blame the Community Manager, all he does in this case is pass along information.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's much improved for me.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Honestly you ppl talk ****, it always goes back to 0% but the amount to download is reduced by how much you downloaded before you reset, and i can confirm for me and 5 of my friends on vent when we restarted the launcher when Brandon said it was much faster, i have d/l'd 800mb since he posted that 10 minutes ago :)

I had patched 8 out of 125 MB, I restarted my launcher like suggested and now I have 0 out of 128 MB to patch...
  • Options
    arelkacealfirasarelkacealfiras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patching about 5-10 times as quick now. (It's still bouncing around a bit).

But Kaspersky identified the launcher as a potential security threat now...
  • Options
    kara445kara445 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

For a better patch experience, please restart your launcher. It will pick up where it left off and should be faster to complete.

Clarification: Your % will go back to 0%, but the total data to patch is smaller as it's already received/ patched data.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yes Thank you so much, i follow what you said and first i lose all what i download this last 2 and half hours and it still @^$" slow !!! you do a great job really
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I had patched 8 out of 125 MB, I restarted my launcher like suggested and now I have 0 out of 128 MB to patch...

You have an issue then, did your launcher up date when you launched it?
  • Options
    manlyyamsmanlyyams Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    restarting my launcher rendered me unable to log into PW, as the launcher will not accept my password any more. Panicking, I logged into the PW website immediately, which uses the same password, and logged in fine. So there is something wrong on STO's end, methinks.
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Restarting the launcher did it. last 6 megs took a few mins but Engage just popped up.
    But Kaspersky identified the launcher as a potential security threat now...

It's the Tal Shiar... :P
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH, this is exactly what we were all fearing. The servers being overburdened by everybody logging on at once. How was Cryptic not prepared for this?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not improved for me at all, it is is ridiculously slow even after restarting the launcher im getting about 0.1% progression every 5 minutes.

And this doesnt include the hours Ive already been sat twiddling my thumbs with the patcher going nowhere...

Waste of an evening.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    tenniskaloptenniskalop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay if this doesn't speed up soon I'm canceling my free subscription....oh wait..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I had 36mb out of 160mb when i had the launcher on before, when suggested to close the launcher to get better speeds ect, i started out at 0.00kb/160mb, so all that I had done before was lost.. if it had kept what i had before it would of been 0.00kb/124mb. So yeah I calln that how i see it.

and it hasnt improved at all.. sorry to say
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, now yes, i'm patching at 3-400KB/s. I don't know what you've done, but thank you :P
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Clarification: Your % will go back to 0%, but the total data to patch is smaller as it's already received/ patched data.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I can confirm it's true. Stopped patch with 86.6% and 5884.6 / 6073+MB.
    Restarted launcher with 224MB only to patch and it is proceeding at a much higher rate than before. As I'm writing this, it's already done 70 / 224MB, meaning 33% of th 224 is already done. Fellow Captains, please be patient and think before accusing Brandon of lying, he speaks to the Devs directly, and in this case, they both know what they're talking about.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You have an issue then, did your launcher up date when you launched it?

Okay rage queen chill, check how much you have to download it will be less than before, and don't say it isn't if you can't remember exactly how bigg the patch was before you reset it. Did your launcher update when you opened it, if not i would close it again and try once more.
  • Options
    mcklownmcklown Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Restarting did help for me, but by help I mean it went from not downloading at all to downloading at dialup speeds.
  • Options
    drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    For all those saying it din't help resetting, did your launcher update? If not try again, who cares if you the 1mb you downloaded (which you shouldn't).
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    download speed hitting a bump AGAIN.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay rage queen chill, check how much you have to download it will be less than before, and don't say it isn't if you can't remember exactly how bigg the patch was before you reset it. Did your launcher update when you opened it, if not i would close it again and try once more.

It would be appreciated it if you stopped speaking to me as if I were a child good sir.

If you read my post I posted the amount I had patched as well as the total it wanted to patch in this case it was 8 MB out of 125 MB. Upon restarting the patcher as requested my data rate did not improve and the patcher now required 128 MB to completion. All of this data was available in my previous post

And yes my launcher updated upon restart.
This discussion has been closed.