test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slow patching speed? Restart your launcher!

123457»

Comments

• demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about in anticipation putting another couple of server racks in place for the patch? That would have been nice.
    starbear wrote: »
    My Patch finished but when I go into the game it says "retrieving list of characters" then fails to log in and requests that I re-log in so yah patching isn't the only issue it would seem. I still say that the system is dealing with way more people then anticipated (which is good for the game, but not for launch days).

Same thing here now its finally patched. I get to retrieving characters and then it throws up a login failed error.
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOGIN FAILED FOR AN UNKNOWN REASON

No, we know the reason, Cryptic is still using Dial-Up.
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No, we know the reason, Cryptic is still using Dial-Up.

Now your just being mean...

To dial-up...

:P:D:P:D
  • hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stillllllllll patching..! Restarting made it faster but still not fast enough to play
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to be patched and now to see my spot in the que of billions of ppl :P
  • bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the joys of queues! how i forgot thee :)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bond85 wrote: »

Funny part here is the error message...

Login failed for some unknown reason roflmao
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bond85 wrote: »

I thought I was in as well, but not quite yet...

Loading Screen

Login Failed Unkown Reason

This is progress though...
  • kempohkempoh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those with problems with patch, go to Steam, download the game and voila, wrked for me, took 23 minuts to download the entire game at 3.5mb/s, can't enter the game due to some error many people are having but patch solved and game all updated.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Restarting seemed to work for me. Then again, I sort of expected a super slow patch since that's the nature of these things, so who knows.

Edit: I seem to be getting Zeno's paradox. It does reduce the amount to be patched, but it's only faster up to about 50%. Then I've ended up restarting again.
  • mrtbird98mrtbird98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I start a mission or advance on to the next part of the mission, the game has to patch... and I wait. Is this because I'm not a member? Many times during the patching it stops and the game just sits idle. I'd rather just patch the entire game and be good to go when the missions start/advance. Is this possible?
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrtbird98 wrote: »
    Every time I start a mission or advance on to the next part of the mission, the game has to patch... and I wait. Is this because I'm not a member? Many times during the patching it stops and the game just sits idle. I'd rather just patch the entire game and be good to go when the missions start/advance. Is this possible?

When you first fire up the game, at the launcher click options and check "disable on-demand patching". Next time it patches it will grab all those files that it patches per-map in one go.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • mrtbird98mrtbird98 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank You!
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you first fire up the game, at the launcher click options and check "disable on-demand patching". Next time it patches it will grab all those files that it patches per-map in one go.

What they really ought to do is make PvP and STF and other group event maps like that patch from the launcher automatically. It's always annoying to forget about that, and find that your team is partway through the match / STF / event by the time you get in.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been patching for nearly 90 mins now and its only about 38.7% done!!! Too slow......or too huge an update!! :(

:eek: OMG...........It is now more than 5.5 hrs and still patching!!! First a 5GB & odd got patched and now a 4.2GB patch is going on....currently at 15%!!!! Never experienced anything like this on STO before!!!

I wanted to play so bad today...............but now its already time to sleep!!! M pissed. :mad:
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • mattikakemattikake Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    STO won't launch for me? Not sure if it's a patching issue, but alas as a new user I can't post, so I must resort to thread hijacking/resurections.

I'm on version ST.35.20131029a.26 and it says the servers status is green/up, but the launcher just sits there with the grey(er) patch button. Everything else is working for me.

Anything up?
  • methozbbfmethozbbf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Downloading STO is horrible! It's been two days and it's fast as ********
    SWTOR, Age Of Conan, GW2 - all I downloaded a couple minutes. I do not understand!

Lol, your post too......
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Both of your accounts have been flagged for the slowest downloads possible because you NECROPOST 6 month old threads.

You may be asking how this is possible. Well the STO GM's use the Guardian of Forever to go backwards in time to impose the slow download penalty.

This^^^

Never resurrect a thread more than 30 days old. Can you not hear the small children crying?

===post above is by sunfrancks===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

This discussion has been closed.