test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slow patching speed? Restart your launcher!

Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in!! Thanks Brandon, thanks dev team! And for all you fellow star captains, you'll find a little patience does the trick ;)
  • thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just restarted mine, before i was going at ~15k. after the restart it is staying around 200k with some 600k spikes. so i think they may have the patching issue ducktaped ATM
  • omfgidntcareomfgidntcare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be appreciated it if you stopped speaking to me as if I were a child good sir.

If you read my post I posted the amount I had patched as well as the total it wanted to patch in this case it was 8 MB out of 125 MB. Upon restarting the patcher as requested my data rate did not improve and the patcher now required 128 MB to completion. All of this data was available in my previous post

And yes my launcher updated upon restart.

I apologise, i was talking to someone who was swearing at the community dev, qouted the wrong thing.
  • kempohkempoh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how many are playing the game, for the looks of it only tomorrow will finish the download, IF it does...
  • dracopalin0dracopalin0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As with others I reset my launcher and it went a bit faster for a min or two then came to a crawl again.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Error 14: the connection with server was lost

... wtf is going on again? :confused:
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Im in!! Thanks Brandon, thanks dev team! And for all you fellow star captains, you'll find a little patience does the trick ;)

PATIENCE? I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR PATIENCE! I WANT TO PLAY MY VIDEO GAME I DON'T PAY FOR IN ANYWAY NOW! IF THIS KEEPS UP I'LL CANCEL MY NON-SUBSCRIPTION TO YOUR GAME!

Wait, if I cancel a non-subscription does that mean I'll start paying for the game?
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher sudenly crash and now it sartet from 0 again!!:mad:
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just about had it with this TRIBBLE.... now the launcher had error 14 and tries to restart.... come on people.... :mad:
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now my launcher stalled and isnt patching.. lovely.. nice job cryptic had weeks to prevent this type of stuff to happen but no, lets wait till last minute as always.

Tryed to connect launcher and its now messed up.. lovely
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
    edited May 2013
    Ok, after I reconnected from the error 14 the patch is running like a hot knife through butter. Pass my thanks along to the dev team please will you?
  • dracopalin0dracopalin0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is the most disapointed I have been in this game since launch:mad:,and I've been here since Beta. Iwas hoping to be in the game hours ago.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've just about had it with this TRIBBLE.... now the launcher had error 14 and tries to restart.... come on people.... :mad:

same here, wth :confused:
    edited May 2013
    think most of us got error 14 but when it restarted it's going even faster... ppl need to calm down ffs lol
    edited May 2013
    think most of us got error 14 but when it restarted it's going even faster... ppl need to calm down ffs lol

CALM DOWN? I WILL NOT BE CALMED... oh look a puppy...

http://www.chroniclebooks.com/blog/2011/04/19/boo-the-cutest-dog-in-the-world/
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Nope, my patcher is still dribbling and Im on a 60Mb fiber optic line. Way to go cryptic.
  • holibrae581#2435 holibrae581 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think there is anything they can do if people are pushing the patch server beyond it's intended capacity. As people patch and get through the times will get less extreme. I did restart my patcher a few times and it did help a bit. I don't know if that is because there are less people now or just because I got a stronger connection.
    Zadesca - 23c Andorian Eng Officer
    Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
    Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
    Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
    AKA: Yavin_Prime
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013

happening to me too - going fast after the crash:)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
    edited May 2013
    starbear wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything they can do if people are pushing the patch server beyond it's intended capacity. As people patch and get through the times will get less extreme. I did restart my patcher a few times and it did help a bit. I don't know if that is because there are less people now or just because I got a stronger connection.

They should have anticipated this and they didnt. This is their fault, not the users.
    edited May 2013
    They should have anticipated this and they didnt. This is their fault, not the users.

I believe his intention was: yelling does not help the patcher go faster... lol
    edited May 2013

they did a pre patch, and they have attempted to fix the slow patch speeds and succeded for most of us, what do you think they should have done?
  • gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anything good takes time to get, or ... anything good isn't easy to achieve, or if it is hard to get, it will be appreciated more?

Guys, c'mon.... the biggest revamp and addition this game has had perhaps in the whole time of being, dont you think absolutely everyone is trying to patch at the same time? give it some time and just relax. It'll work out
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

I never said it was the users fault. I just said that there are more people than the system can handle. Weather or not Cryptic anticipated such a massive response to the expansion is debatable and only they would know.
  • hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My patch finished, yay me. Then it started to patch again, another 250 odd mb, so what let it run. But, it is running sooooo slooooow. So, I check the forum and yay me again, there is a post saying to restart the launcher. Did that, no the damn thing does not even open, and when it does it crashes immediately and opens a browser window that says and does nothing.

What now?

So, it finally started up after 27 - count them 27 - tries and continued the patch. Patched for 40+ min and then launches the game. Imagine my joy..... Then it bombs out at the retrieving character list screen, get this, for UNKNOWN reason.

5 attempts later and still no joy, no LoR and no me happy.
    edited May 2013
    they did a pre patch, and they have attempted to fix the slow patch speeds and succeded for most of us, what do you think they should have done?

Probably not use a communication method from 1998? Also, increase the capacity of their outgoing servers.

You know I just came up with an interesting idea for a business. Rent out temp servers for large patching of online games. Like rent it out for 24 hours to double your out going capacity when you know your going to get a lot of users. Anyone interested in investing?
    edited May 2013

How about in anticipation putting another couple of server racks in place for the patch? That would have been nice.
    edited May 2013
    LOL

Ill just watch boogie2988 doing his francis act about servers being down. XD
    edited May 2013
    ishapza1 wrote: »
    My patch finished, yay me. Then it started to patch again, another 250 odd mb, so what let it run. But, it is running sooooo slooooow. So, I check the forum and yay me again, there is a post saying to restart the launcher. Did that, no the damn thing does not even open, and when it does it crashes immediately and opens a browser window that says and does nothing.

What now?

My Patch finished but when I go into the game it says "retrieving list of characters" then fails to log in and requests that I re-log in so yah patching isn't the only issue it would seem. I still say that the system is dealing with way more people then anticipated (which is good for the game, but not for launch days).
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now the launcher works BUT i can login,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:mad:
This discussion has been closed.