test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Slow patching speed? Restart your launcher!

Comments

• saberythsaberyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Spent three hours patching, got to 20%. It froze. Restarted. 1 hour of patching. Now at 2%.

=/
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm on 100mb connection tested and verfied no issues hard wired to an i7 3.9ghz 12 ghz of ram. its bored right now..

this is my second time of trying to patch the first crashed then errored.

so uninstalled the client.

cleaned the registry

re-downloaded and started again.

here is where I am.

6% and I could type binary in at a better speed ;)

please toss a torrent up several of us with good speed will download and share it.
  • chokopop1chokopop1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but come on... Being stuck at 43% for 30 minutes isn't normal. Not even for 10.000 fat guys.
  • kane2007kane2007 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive been stuck at 63% on a 498meg and haven't moved for over 40mins +
    going so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow
  • itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please get this fixed, Cryptic.
  • xavierprotocolsxavierprotocols Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine was patching for 3 HOURS then crashed, I restarted it and 2 HOURS later only at 11%
    I'll be lucky to get on tomorrow and I'm afraid if I go play another MMO it'll just slow the patch down even further or interfere with the game I'm trying to play, since I can't play this. :mad:
  • dazolamdazolam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Been stuck for 3 hours or so downloading, kept occasionally restarting patcher and just did and the dl went bonkers and i got the last 1.5 gb in less than a min. Might not work for everyone but did for me :D
  • reach4stars7reach4stars7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here... :(
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013

6% and I could type binary in at a better speed ;)

Good idea, hey Cryptic call me and I'll type in the binary while you read it off :P
  • playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i don't know why they don't use the steam download servers...is always the same when a new season launch
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1: fire up extra patch servers already Cryptic

2: What makes me wonder is why there hasn't been any official reply about this TRIBBLE anywhere yet... :mad:
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bloody launcher just turned off,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now it want to patch another 203MB,,,,,,,,,:eek: 22.15 in the UK been doing this for the last 5 hours,,,,,,I GIVE UP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    edited May 2013
    Mine was patching for 3 HOURS then crashed, I restarted it and 2 HOURS later only at 11%
    I'll be lucky to get on tomorrow and I'm afraid if I go play another MMO it'll just slow the patch down even further or interfere with the game I'm trying to play, since I can't play this. :mad:

If your patcher's download rate isn't equal to your data rate you should be fine to play another MMO.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

For a better patch experience, please restart your launcher. It will pick up where it left off and should be faster to complete.

Clarification: Your % will go back to 0%, but the total data to patch is smaller as it's already received/ patched data.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • omfgidntcareomfgidntcare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My one night off, 3 hours = 900mb Please sort this!! :(
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh wait, you thought raging on the forums would get you anything but laughter and ridicule??

You must be new here.
    Clearly. He should know that Cryptic highly treasures their brown nosed trolls.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

For a better patch experience, please restart your launcher. It will pick up where it left off and should be faster to complete.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is not true... I did that once already because I rebooted my PC, but since then it's been about 1,5 hours, and I am still sitting at 2,6 % with a DL-speed like a snail...
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Thank you Brandon, running much faster now :D
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have done this level of TRIBBLE before, pushing gigabytes of data to millions of clients at the same time, it is not complicated nor hard to accomplish. I wasn't doing an MMO, but if there is a difference to what I have done and what they are doing then they are doing it wrong.

On a plus side, pre-patching seems to have helped. I jumped to 25% in a second, sat there for 45 minutes (to download 25 MB), jumped to 99% (an hour ago) and am still sitting there. I might be here for 3 days if not for pre-patching.
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DLing fast now 1 meg a sec
  • poeticrexpoeticrex Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sorry Brandon but that does nill. I have tried it over and over with a minute increase in speeds for a few seconds then just freezes up. Please smack some sense into these archaic severs Cryptic is running.
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa! Hella fast now. Thanks!

... or at least it was briefly. Now it's blocked up on the very last 7MB...
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Thank you Brandon, running much faster now :D

He meant if you do it now, they fixed the issue you need to restart to update your launcher...
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    restarted launcher and :( good night, morning or afternoon where ever you are and GOOD LUCK,,,,,,,
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yea, no... all that did was erase the progress I had so far. Well guess I'll see you now all in about 6 hours now. Going to go watch Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness again. By my estimates I'll still have about an hour to go...

Edit: Now it wants to patch 2 more MB of data on top of that...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Clarification: Your % will go back to 0%, but the total data to patch is smaller as it's already received/ patched data.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • saladinbobsaladinbob Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Confirmed as untrue. Exited at 7%, restarted at 0% with a download speed no faster than it was before. I appreciate you're only the community manager but perhaps you should ensure the Devs aren't talking TRIBBLE in future before you end up with egg all over your face.
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

No, it did not. It still wants to patch the same amount of data it did on the first launch.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saladinbob wrote: »
    Confirmed as untrue. Exited at 7%, restarted at 0% with a download speed no faster than it was before. I appreciate you're only the community manager but perhaps you should ensure the Devs aren't talking TRIBBLE in future before you end up with egg all over your face.

oh come on man ,u did not lose u have less to patch...only % rested
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice it patch a lot faster now :) rest works
This discussion has been closed.