test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account issue, Support response time?

Hey Guys

I used to be a subscriber when it was purely cryptic.

I thought I had linked my account so clicked no on the linking question stupidly. But when I logged in my character was gone. Perhaps it wasn't linked after all.

I've sent a support ticket but haven't heard anything. It will be 24 hours this afternoon I think.

Do any of you guys know if there is another way to link the accounts, I tried logging in with my cryptic account and it doesn't recognize it to prompt anything.

I've got the twitch and want to come back! Yes the film had a part to play lol.

Thanks

Arc
Post edited by arcangelslay on

Comments

• Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as the ticket, you need to be patient. It can take several days before they answer if they are busy.

Guess you've been gone for a while since you haven't linked until now. But completely forgot any and all things considering the account linking process. So can't really help you there.

All the best of luck.
  • Options
    arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks!

I'll just be patient :)
  • Options
    nenwenenwe Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting for my ticket also about account linking also 4 days and counting...

(support is one of the slowest of any game i have ever played)

(i just want to link my account to cryptic one before i buy legacy pack lets hope they answer before release and i lose the change to buy legacy)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I'm on over two days wait now, I'm eager to re-sub.

I'm quite surprised there is such a slow response.

Other games I've played you'd be hard pressed to wait 4 hours. Its probably just down to the volume of games all supported by the same office probably.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well still it is too slow be the volume of tickets whatever basicly hire more people since this is not not good at any level basicly it hurts cryptic since people are not getting the support they need at timely fashion and i still plan on buying the legacy pack but this slow support response is making me think twice if i want to spend more money on STO...

(i wanted to join Tal Shiar with my romulan captain but oh well cannot have everything hehe)

and still i wait for response
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Guys

I used to be a subscriber when it was purely cryptic.

I thought I had linked my account so clicked no on the linking question stupidly. But when I logged in my character was gone. Perhaps it wasn't linked after all.

I've sent a support ticket but haven't heard anything. It will be 24 hours this afternoon I think.

Do any of you guys know if there is another way to link the accounts, I tried logging in with my cryptic account and it doesn't recognize it to prompt anything.

I've got the twitch and want to come back! Yes the film had a part to play lol.

Thanks

Arc

So yeah did some digging for you and found the original post BranFlakes made when account linking became mandatory and it outlines all the step and everything for it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    So yeah did some digging for you and found the original post BranFlakes made when account linking became mandatory and it outlines all the step and everything for it.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201

Well in my case that is not possible (goes into gategory something went wrong so contact support) (So that is what i have done)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you voicesdark,

I did follow this the other day as I try to sort stuff myself as best as possible.

I tried again just in case I made a mistake but it just rejects my cryptic account. And I get no prompts from my perfect world account..

I started the ticket midday on the 9th. Its now over four days.

I'm going to put it down to the weekend on the off chance but I'm disappointed in the response to be honest. I don't want to email or enter a new ticket as that might set me back again.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    My 7th day of waiting starts in 2 and half hours. Getting annoyed so do i need to make conclusion that "STO is great game but if you have a problem dont expect to get any support in timely fashion."

I did send email to see if they answer the email massage more readily than ticket. (including the reference number of my ticket and explaining the issue once again)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok

found cryptics login if it helps anyone. It appears to be a mirror of perfect worlds.

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/startrek/menu

I can also log into the game with either my cryptic or perfect world login and both have no characters.

I'm rather confused as to whats going on, but it appears this may be a missing character issue not an account linking issue. all the same I'm still going to have to wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This is getting Ridiculous OK mister PWEBrawnflakes i call you out here to do your job WHAT is going on with Support? (slow, holidays, incompetent?)

Over week gone no answer not even acknowledgement that support have read my/hes support message?

You are our relations person start poking around WHAT is going on? (asking for you to do your job basicly sorry it has come to this but i expect to get certain amount of customer service especially when i hopefully will be able to buy still the legacy pack)

Customers cannot be happy with this. (atleast i am not)
  • Options
    almightybobbyalmightybobby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also waiting for this. It won't let me merge my accounts. Guess I shouldn't hold out hope of it getting fixed this week.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're having issues getting through support, you could try getting extra awareness for your issue by going onto the Perfect World support forums and posting about your issue:

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

I've also read on Champions Online forums that there are a lot of Neverwinter support tickets piling up that are slowing them down a bit, not that I'm try to justify why they are being so slow helping you guys, just trying to offer something to help.

From personal experience, they (support forums) have helped me before when I had issues with my account on Champions Online. Good luck and welcome back to STO.:)

Dear lord I sound like a shill....:(
    Thanks Defalus I've given it a try.

I posted on a similar thread there Nenwe, suggest you add to it or make your own.

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=17451

From reading this thread I suggest we dig in and do something else for a few weeks. Sad I know.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You'd think they'd be VERY quick to handle account problems like these because that's potential purchases right there. If you can't play the game you're not gonna spend money in the cash shop.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep you would think they would take care of the account issues fast but seems that is not the case.

Also i did twitter mister brawnflakes directly and he just told me to twitter him again when support contacts me.

Not sure what good that will do but oh well (when and if the support contacts me they most likely are able to link my PW and Cryptic accounts together and hopefully i can then finaly buy Legacy pack)

What happens if i buy legacy pack now before my account is linked?

arcangelslay i did join you on the forum post you linked added few words there.

What i would want from Brawnflakes is public statement and reassurement everything is taken care for but with long waiting time this silence serves no one i would wish him to be asking from PW what are they going to do about this when it is resolved does it serve Cryptics interests to let customers be in dark basicly we had to go completely different forum to find out that there seems to be lot of Neverwinter support tickets and that is what causes delay (would have been great to hear that from mister Brawnflakes)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok mister Brawnflakes was able to help me through twitter Solution was to make completely new PWE account and relink the cryptic account not exactly happy with the solution but you take what you can get i think

And he promised in twitter that he will make forum post about the support situation tomorrow

So in total time to solve my issue somewhat took 8th days

I hope you will get support fast Arc goodluck
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks Nenwe.

Glad you got a fix even if it wasn't the best way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not gonna be making a new account. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for your patience as our GM team works to answer your tickets -- please note that tickets are answered in the order received, but the time for response varies depending on how many tickets are ahead of yours. We appreciate your patience as they work through each one, and apologize for the increased response time we're currently experiencing.

If you're running into account linking difficulties, please read our support article here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4134/

Regarding helping nenwe create a PWE new account, this is because they had already logged in to STO with the PWE account they were trying to link, which makes it ineligible for linking to a Cryptic account -- this is because, upon first log in to the launcher, if you don't link it to a Cryptic account first, it creates a "new" linked Cryptic account for you on that PWE account (you don't access that Cryptic account for anything, but the game recognizes it -- that's how you have an in-game @handle). Our GM team would be able to assist with unlinking that PWE account and linking it to your old Cryptic account (you'd need to file a ticket and wait for a response), but if you made any characters on the PWE account, they'd be lost as your old STO characters would override them.

Creating a new PWE account and linking it to your old Cryptic account via the steps in the above linked support is a method to use if you don't want to wait for support to get back to you, but should only be done if you don't use the current "ineligible for linking" PWE account to play other PWE games, have not bought any ZEN/ Legacy Pack, don't mind starting over your forum account, etc. It's really best to wait for GM help in unlinking the account and linking it to your old Cryptic account, though, as you shouldn't need to create a new account -- you'd just need to wait for a response to your ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    unc0mmonerunc0mmoner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been waiting over a week to see if my TRIBBLE account can be restored... While I appreciate that support is a busy, and largely thankless, role my patience is wearing pretty thin.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This whole linking thing is nonsense anyway. I had to create a LESS SECURE password to fit the maximum length for a PWE pw.
  • Options
    beencompromisedbeencompromised Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unc0mmoner wrote: »
    I've been waiting over a week to see if my TRIBBLE account can be restored... While I appreciate that support is a busy, and largely thankless, role my patience is wearing pretty thin.

Same thing here... Just kiss your account goodbye.. they changed the darn email on mine so I cant even log into my original account on the website. Apparently there was a HUGE influx of it since NWNO is going to launch and a lot of us were caught in the crossfire. I think PW got compromised they just don't want to admit it yet.

hey what about my account getting TRIBBLE 2 days ago... I can't even log into the stupid website to check my support ticket because the email address my account was attached to was changed without my permission and the stupid protection thing did not work. =)

Any word on when I might get a response? Considering they probably deleted my account and drained it of all my dillithium and zen? you know.. only a lifetime subscriber since release and all.. NO BIG DEAL.
  • Options
    moontemplemoontemple Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am having issues linking my old Cryptic account. Put a ticket in days ago. Probably seeing the same error many of you have "cannot link because it's already linked to another account" or something like that.

Got to BG5 back in the day when PvP was pretty much the only way to level for the KDF. Came back of course, like others, over the new Romulan addition. Also I wont drop any money until this issue is resolved (if ever).

I hope that the problem is resolved before the weekend but seeing that some players have been waiting a week or more has me depressed :(
  • Options
    variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Today makes it one week for me waiting on a response as well.

In my case my old STO account is still with Cryptic as I never moved it but forgot the password or it won't let me log into it because of the move to PW. I asked them to move that account onto this one and gave them a PILE of personal/credit info only I can get.

I'm also unwilling to start a new account since that account is flagged as a Lifetime Account. I wanted to get the Legacy pack before release but I'm starting to think it won't happen. I just feel like they don't seem to have any sort of escalation process in place for dealing with account issues like ours and we get piled behind all the other people who will never drop a dime on their free MMO yet here we are and some of us have dropped hundreds already and waiting to drop more but nope.

Not impressed.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    variise, I know how you feel, its been 8 days for me.

I can log into both accounts using the client, in both cases my characters are gone. I'm presuming a linking issue.

You're right cases should be filtered depending on the category sub type that is selected, cases that stop you playing the game completely should be prioritized, as should TRIBBLE accounts and currency issues.

I understand the issues they are having due to NW, I'm just a little surprised the wait time is so long across games.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    defalus wrote: »
    If you're having issues getting through support, you could try getting extra awareness for your issue by going onto the Perfect World support forums and posting about your issue:

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=348

I've also read on Champions Online forums that there are a lot of Neverwinter support tickets piling up that are slowing them down a bit, not that I'm try to justify why they are being so slow helping you guys, just trying to offer something to help.

From personal experience, they (support forums) have helped me before when I had issues with my account on Champions Online. Good luck and welcome back to STO.:)

Dear lord I sound like a shill....:(

No you sound like an exploitve haxxor :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unc0mmonerunc0mmoner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is still in beta, isn't it? No way a support ticket from a beta should outweigh one from a production title.
    I've pretty much given up hope on getting my account back, now i need to decide if I want to play through 95 character levels and spend 7500 zen to get back what i had.
  • Options
    moontemplemoontemple Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would hope that's the way it worked but they are already getting cash from people buying things for Neverwinter. Don't think they are doing any character wipes from this point on so effectively it is like a release.

I am with everyone here thinking that the linking problem, causing many of us not to be able to see our Cryptic STO characters, is game breaking and a non-trivial. So why this isn't a more important issue I don't know :/

Day 3 for me :( and still no answer. Hey Branflakes, knock some heads and get some folks working on a solution to the tech problem you outlined above.

Like others I am not dropping any money into STO, or NW for that matter, if this is the way PW handles issues.

I don't have a Twitter account. Can someone with the same linking problems, and has a Twitter account, go over there and make more noise about this issue? Pretty bad that it's taking so long for many players. I know, it sounds pretty lazy on my part. For me, maintaining a Twitter account, Facebook account, G+ account is too much work. I already have too much RL work :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I would appreciate something like a ticket ticker.

I know what ticket number I am so it would be nice to know how close you were to being helped.

Its the not knowing