test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account issue, Support response time?

2»

Comments

• moontemplemoontemple Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just curious, when did PW take over STO? Been away some time. I am pleased to see that they are adding Romulan content. I'd like to see my old ships again too, I guess that is "IF" PW can get their act together and get this linking issue resolved.

I really don't want to have to restart all over and lose everything (ships, bridges, etc, etc). I have pondered whether just creating another PW account and trying linking to that. Seems a shame to have to do that though.
  • arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure exactly when they took it over, was it late 2011?

I'm very eager to get back in, I'll re-sub because I have loads of ships and gear unlocked that I'm worried about loosing if I'm not a gold member. I don't think silver users can use all the ship slots and bank slots.

Can't wait! :D

Just so bummed, I can't link my account because it has a ghost cryptic account assigned I think.
  • arcangelslayarcangelslay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a thank you to support for sorting my issue!

Hope you all get sorted!

I'll see you in space!:D
  • variise1984variise1984 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I did finally get an initial response which is good. What they plan to do is way confusing and contradictory. After reading it I just gave up and told them I don't care if they wipe the account just get it working. Too much.
    4kDVOG9.jpg
    edited May 2013
    I hope its a trivial fix. I am still waiting on them to fix my linking issue. Still pending :( Day 4 for me today.
  • unc0mmonerunc0mmoner Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    9th working day and 11th calendar day... Customer "service" indeed.
    edited May 2013
    Wow,

I was hopeful after hearing others got some support but 11 days?? Come on PW, your new expansion for STO releases in what 4 days? You expect gamers to put down cash with customer support like this?

I am even holding up on buying NW items due to this. What if I ran into an issue there?
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    moontemple wrote: »
    Wow,

I was hopeful after hearing others got some support but 11 days?? Come on PW, your new expansion for STO releases in what 4 days? You expect gamers to put down cash with customer support like this?

I am even holding up on buying NW items due to this. What if I ran into an issue there?
    Something that has to be asked... Are you a 'Gold' Subscription Account, or a F2P 'Silver' Account ???

As according to to the F2P Feature Matrix, 'Silver' accounts only have 'Limited' Customer Service support...
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    edited May 2013
    I'm a f2p member but the auto-response says to expect a reply in "3-4 business days" not "3-4 business days, please double if you don't pay us"...
    If they try to use that as an excuse for craptastic support I'll most likely tell them to take the ticket and choke on it. "Limited" is a very broad term, and useless unless you define said limits. It's not a get-out-of-shame free card.
    edited May 2013
    Just a note on how I solved my issue:

I was receiving an error that stated :

"The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account. If you feel you are receiving this in error, please contact customer service. "

This effectively prevented me from linking my Cryptic account to my PW account under the same e-mail.

I have another e-mail account so step one was to create another PW account. I know this isn't the optimal solution, but given the very slow to lack of interest by PW Support, but I decided to try it.

Once you have that new PW account, log in with your Cryptic account name and password on the PW STO website (not the STO client).

You will recieve the message that this Cryptic account email matches one on PW (or something to that affect). It will ask if you want to link the accounts, select "Yes."

Enter the new PW account information and select "Link."

I was able to "Link" my account successfully this way. However I will note I have not logged into STO yet to see if my characters/ships/premium items are there. On my account page it did correctly reflect STO pre-order, etc. So we will see tonight.

One note I have seen. The PW site has a character limitation on its passwords while the Cryptic site does not. I had to change my Cryptic password length match the limit on the PW side for it to work. Otherwise PW site would refuse your credentials.

I hope when I log in all is ok. I will post an update tonight, when I can get online.

Update: It seems my characters and ships seem to be ok. I can't for the life of me remember how to check for the paid content from the past. It will require some research on my part.

Main complaint at the moment is the client is real fragile. Log into a character it crashes or server times out. Could be the update. So many things have changed since I was gone. It will take time.

On the issue of checking tickets, I checked my support ticket each day for the past 4 days and nada. Got the canned e-mail response like others, so i just decided "F" it and went with a new account.
    edited May 2013
    Glad to hear that you've figured things out. I'm still waiting for a response, I've emailed their support inbox to see if that will speed things along. When that fails I'm just going to give up and write this game off as a loss.
  • almightybobbyalmightybobby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CHECK YOUR TICKETS! Got mine fixed but didn't get an email about it. I've had this happen with other company's support systems so I check the tickets every few days just in case. Wouldn't have known otherwise.
  • ikedateramusaikedateramusa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here, 72 hrs waiting, no response. I was hoping they'd be faster. I bought HotN from them. I bought a CE STO back in the day, I ponied up for CO and subs. I'm CLEARLY a customer. (heck, I have $40 in Zen sitting on my desk)

But I feel like I'm being ignored (even if I'm not). 72 hours is unacceptable and they're about to start their weekend (which we all deserve). Now, I can't play this weekend. That sucks.

Reference: 130514-003415
    edited May 2013
    Anyone hoping for a prompt response from customer support can forget about it. I sent an email to them asking what the delay was and the response I received was (probably automatic...)

"Your question has been received. Due to high ticket volumes at this time, we will respond to your question as soon as possible."

That after waiting almost 11 days for support... gotta love it. I'll finish my Romulan character on Tribble, but after that I'm probably done with this bull####
  • beencompromisedbeencompromised Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6 days here outside of the autoresponse when you form a ticket. Nothing
  • dingl3bethdingl3beth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    going on day 6 myself. I wanted to by a life time and a legacy pack. But at this rate, I will probably never get access to my old account. Looks like they favor losing money over having a stable support system for tickets.
  • thatkyddthatkydd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is day 6 for me too without any reply, logged in last week to get ready for the new update and all my characters were gone and I don't have access to any of my pre-order items. I'm inclined to believe that since I don't have an active subscription at the moment they're not too interested in helping.

Edit: I'd like to try moontemple's solution but my cryptic and PW accounts have identical logins and there's no way to choose between the 2.
  • ikedateramusaikedateramusa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 days here.. no response.
  • derfling74forumderfling74forum Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here... Only 2 days so far, this is really disheartening...

I can even identify the CD Key I got for the lifetime sub, and all the account names and logins - they are all linked to my email address...

If I had 10 minutes alone with that database, I could identify all of the mismatched accounts and probably fix them too...

I like to get all the bells and whistles, and I dropped this game because of work, I now want to pick it up again and I cant access the lifetime sub.
  • thatkyddthatkydd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok here's a good one 3 1/2 weeks since I submitted my ticket, yesterday they changed the status of my ticket to solved but haven't fixed anything. WTF?
  • felkin#7853 felkin Member Posts: 1 New User
    3 years later, they still seem to be that slow...
  • cadoforcadofor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I played STO for awhile stopped cause computer died.
    Got a new one some time latter (like a year) Installed everthing onto new computer was really wanting to hit the newer content up due to it being released a week after my computers death.
    I was a subscriber and continued paying for it even after my computer died(to build up Zen).
    Finaly get everything done and log in and to my disbelief i had nothing no characters nothing.
    Help me or give me all of my money back...