test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Patch Freezing

thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Keep trying to download the pre-patch to lor. It froze at 47% now freezes almost instantly. Is it just overloaded or could there be another issue? Anyone else finding this problem ?
I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
I'm in a really bad mood.
Post edited by thoksta on

Comments

• Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try login once to the game and logout for the patch to start (this worked for me, with patch on demand disabled).

Download were everything but fast though.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    buf0rdtjust1cebuf0rdtjust1ce Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thoksta wrote: »
    Keep trying to download the pre-patch to lor. It froze at 47% now freezes almost instantly. Is it just overloaded or could there be another issue? Anyone else finding this problem ?

Mine froze at 46%, even though the launcher is still taaking up a ton of memory and using an awful lot of CPU power. I don't know whether to kill the launcher and try to restart it or whether that would brick my game altogether. Anyone have experience with what to do after the patch freezes?
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Me too and it took forever to get that far
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    ansyxansyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tried 3 times.. login.. logout.. start patching.. after "an hella time" stuck/frozen at 46%.. You're kidding! ..and every time it restarts from 0.. i mean 5gbs and if it fails it restarts from zero!?!?

Set up a torrent file.. that would make things way easier.. or try to divide the patch into smaller parts (1gb each) at least if it freezes we won't waste all the waiting time.

for now i give up on pre-patching.. asking for a 5gb patch download.. meeh.. i'm speechless :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just submitted a support request and got a ticket number -- I'll let everyone know in this thread what answer I receive, if any. I know the game is free-to-play, but this is ridiculous, considering how much hype they put behind the Legacy of Romulus...
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The patch is freezing please fix Crpytic

Thanks

(theirs nothing else to say of that effect)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Here's the reply I got from Perfect World:

Hello!

Please try the following suggestions first. They are common solutions to issues with the game, and also in doing so, it helps us narrow down the possible cause of your issue.

In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.

**You may also need to close programs such as Teamviewer, DisplayFusion, and Mumble

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.

If the above does not work, please respond with answers to the following:

1) What exactly did you try from the above, and what were the results? (If you have tried them already, let us know exactly which you have tried)

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team

I'll post an update if any of this works...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, I closed the launcher without changing any of its options, restarted it and it downloaded about 4MB of new data, then I got into the game as usual, no problems. I wonder when (if) the launcher will download the rest of the pre-patch for LoR... Did notice a post on the forum that STO servers will be down tomorrow morning for shard maintenance. Maybe they'll fix all these pre-patching issues with that. Keep your fingers crossed!
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine is frozen at 46% as well.

Completely disgusted with this as having to start the download over from scratch is not an option for me for a couple of weeks on my internet plan due to the file size. I saved bandwidth all month just to be able to grab this.

Seriously considering uninstalling the game altogether. You people had exactly the same thing happen during the big patch on Tribble and you have it happen AGAIN when it goes live?

Just seething mad.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is funny, as soon as i started to read this forum my launcher froze trying to ore-patch. You guys made it farther then me, im froze at 32%. im problly just not gunna pre-patch at all untill actual launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    asches1asches1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem here. no other program is running. no problem with firewall. logged in as admin. everything (hardware, etc) is up to date. enough space available. freezes always at other percentage. tried with EU proxy for the patch and tried with disabling on-demand patching. nothing works. please fix.

and:

always start from 0? has to be a bad joke!
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the lancher is not frozen all...it's just one BIG A@@ patch....don't expect to patch over 5 gigs of data in 2 minutes....more like a few hours lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    the lancher is not frozen all...it's just one BIG A@@ patch....don't expect to patch over 5 gigs of data in 2 minutes....more like a few hours lol

Ugh... the progress % and kb patched gets FROZEN. The guys are not talking about slow progress. It doesn't take a detective for anyone to know a massive update takes long to patch. But the pre-patcher gets stuck. Me? Stuck at 47%. Exiting, logging in and then out for the pre-patcher to activate again doesn't do anything. It counts again, but freezes after a few seconds. Restarting the pre-patcher AGAIN shows no new progress on kb patched.

This utility is utter and complete FAIL.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    badkrisswolfbadkrisswolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same error, patch freezing at 46%

Quit / relaunch STO again and now it's all ok
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the reply I got from Perfect World:

Hello!

Please try the following suggestions first. They are common solutions to issues with the game, and also in doing so, it helps us narrow down the possible cause of your issue.

In the Launcher, go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.

You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.

You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Stop any processes that may be interfering with the networking and causing issues with your connection.

Remove/Uninstall any unnecessary programs such as toolbars or Pando Media Booster.

**You may also need to close programs such as Teamviewer, DisplayFusion, and Mumble

You may need to uninstall the game, making sure to remove any excess files, then re-install it.

If the above does not work, please respond with answers to the following:

1) What exactly did you try from the above, and what were the results? (If you have tried them already, let us know exactly which you have tried)

Regards,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team

I'll post an update if any of this works...

This looks like one of those messages when tech support has absolutely no idea what's going on, much less fixing the issue. Simply a quick message to throw at you in hopes of getting you off their backs if only for another few minutes so that someone else deals with you.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    willdathri11willdathri11 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This looks like one of those messages when tech support has absolutely no idea what's going on, much less fixing the issue. Simply a quick message to throw at you in hopes of getting you off their backs if only for another few minutes so that someone else deals with you.

I tried this, and now instead of getting stuck at 46% i am stuck at 0%.
  • Options
    ansyxansyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll just wait the official launch and see what it will happen.:cool:
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The pre-patch worked fine on my main CPU where I also had Tribble installed, but on my Laptop it froze and won't progress any further.

There was a similar issue on Tribble with the patch that introduced all the new textures - it just froze on one file and wouldn't move forward.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please just give me some spot to download the patch every time it breaks. and I have 100mb connection tribble patches fine.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at 47% while windows task manager showed one cpu core at constant 100% usage (or 4 cpu cores at constant average 25% usage).

Restarted the launcher and it is patching again, starting from zero. :(
    Even though I have a SSD and 100mbps internet, it is still going slow.

Edit: Second patching attempt is successful. Qapla!
  • Options
    martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this possible to prepatch while having a server maintenance, although my patch freezed at 46% before starting the maintenance? Is the patch loaded from the patch server? I am not so familiar with all that stuff.

Mh, do we really have the maintenance at the moment? All servers are on:
    http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »

Thanks for wasting everyone's time but it is freezing. I left mine for over 90 mintues stuck on 46%.

Try actually reading about a problem before posing a LOL next time and you won't look nearly as foolish.

• Options
    ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mine froze at 56%, had to restart it and it restarts from zero. really? the launcher wasn't designed with a resume feature for patch downloads? really? it has to start from zero???

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stuck at 46%. Waited for 10 minutes - not a single byte downloaded. Closed the launcher and tried to log in - the game starts patching (not pre-patching, regular patch). Why?
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mine has also frozen at 46.5%. So thats nearly 2GB of my broadband allowance down the drain for this month. Cheers Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    We're around a day from pre-patching being opened and not even an acknowledgement of a problem yet from Cryptic?

Really?

This should have been addressed publicly within the first hour.

• Options
    badkrisswolfbadkrisswolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    my bad, the pre patch had freezed
    all again >.<
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pre-patching doesn't work. It freezes at 46% and then loads up one CPU core with 100% load and just sits there like that. I left it for some hours today while I was out hoping it would somehow get over this freeze but it was still frozen loading 1 cpu core as I left it.

The launcher is crashing half the time and constantly saying cannot establish connection to game server.

The launcher upon first opening also wants to patch 4MB of data over and over, what is that?

You call this getting ready for a major expansion? Weeks and weeks of crashes and glitches, server outages, lag issues, rubber banding complaints galore and denials it has anything to do with putting another game onto the same server hardware as STO, COH?

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber and feel ripped off.
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also here, with you guys.. not patching.

I also got frozen at 47%, waited overnight with no luck.
    Now every time the launcher starts, it does a mini patch and logs me in.
    I log out, and frozen at 914kb.

Does this thing have a cache file to clear?
  • Options
    klaituklaitu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh okay, here we go..

In the Star Trek Online folder, there is a subfolder which is (unimaginatively) called "prepatch"

Rename that sucker and try prepatching again. It worked for me. Your results may vary.