Install Arc
Options

Pre-Patch Freezing

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kakarot069kakarot069 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what, exactly, have people done to download this entire thing?
    i still have yet to get this things downloaded and updated
  • Options
    starshockerstarshocker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant patch the game so I delete and did a new install
    I first get a download of 3615kb than I have to login and when I log out the patcher auto starts
    trying but before 1% of the new patch the patcher crashes .
    When I try to patch again I get the 3615kb again and after that the latest crashes again before 1 %

Basic iam stuck in a patch loop of doom :eek:

Looking forward to a fix :P
  • Options
    hezediahhezediah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are making it a lot farther than I appear to be. I have a craptacular (sub 1.0mbps) DSL connection, so this was going to take days to begin with... I've tried letting it run overnight multiple times and never gotten past 4% without it crashing. It even gave me a crash message once.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What will be done about this? Seriously, a LOT of players have launcher crashes just recently, me included. The patching is now faster than before, but the launcher still crashes, and not just once, but every time at a certain amount of data retrieved. This is NOT our end of the connection, and it's not our fault! Please do something about it, if it has to be, make the launcher version before this one re-available to us, so we can get that version and try the download again. This problem started to appear only in the last few days (I think 16th or 17th of May).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    rujoking99rujoking99 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get at most 15% of the patch before it restarts from the beginning. Disabling on-demand patching results in the same only with the added bonus of not allowing me to actually enter the game. It also doesn't free up the disk space used by failed patches, which as of this morning was a good 6 gigs. Neither renaming nor deleting the prepatch folder helped at all.
  • Options
    kaiwrenkaiwren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'Disable On-Demand' patching helped me get a full pre-patch download, but it seemed to want to continue to download a huge pre-patch even after getting one. This pre-patching was so bad, with constant re-downloads, that it can't be that way for everyone, or they would have fixed it, IMHO. Perhaps those who installed to the default location pre-patched without issue?

I had hoped to get a new launcher today, but it looks like I did not. I'm just hoping for the best, now that we should be getting patched, no longer pre-patched.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Of course I only play the game without on-demand patching, as I don't like waiting minutes between maps. And up to last week, there were not many problems (except slow patching now and then) ... butt full crashes from the launcher, this is definately new.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    gavspe5gavspe5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anyone having problems with the 8.5 update, keeps saying severs are down??????