What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• Options
    rexsterxrexsterx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha make sure they tell you once you buy your game will crash un-regularly and un-excpected or not on patches but on play time lol good luck all of you that may waste your money
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rexsterx wrote: »
    haha make sure they tell you once you buy your game will crash un-regularly and un-excpected or not on patches but on play time lol good luck all of you that may waste your money
    Let me guess, server crashed while you were waiting for the queue, and since you have no natural way to deal with emotional disappointment you decided to come to a forum and try to make others feel as bad as you do right now?

Trust me, it's going to be OK. 6 months from now you'll never even remember this incident happened. Really, really. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The current payment options is awkward, since you have to use a third party company to purchase the packs. I failed to understand why direct Credit Card purchases are not accepted and why the need to use PayPal and Skrill.

Also payment confirmation via email, for some people, has not been sent, are there any issues regarding this?

I am concern that during the Rommie launch date, May 21st - some players may be out of luck in regards to the Legacy Pack, I refer to those who have purchased the LoR pack having to go through PayPal or Skrill without actually using their services. I am referring to Money bookers.

Who do we contact? if we are not able to access the Legacy Pack after it has been prepurchased.

I am mistrusting of 3rd party companies like PayPal and Skrill since many folks, including myself, had issues with them. Least for me it was PayPal.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    izanagi16994izanagi16994 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one, and this is bugging the hell out of me, am wondering how long this discount offer extendes for. I want to buy the Legacy pack. but will not have the money to do so until the 31st of April (Thanks monthly wages), So i would be really dissapointed to see the price raised ridiculously higher than i can afford, and only just missing the launch by 10 small days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I can't see them ending the offer quite yet ; just an assumption, but let's face it - it doesn't make good business sense.

I assume that they'll leave the offer open for a least a lshort time into the actual launch of the expansion. There will likely be players who didn't play the open Beta on Tribble and will decide to buy the pack based on initial experience of the new content.

Furthermore, the Dev's must be aware that a good number of people are paid monthly, at the end of the month, and may be (like yourself) holding out until payday before making the purchase.

But to emphasise - this is only an assumption.

Your assumption makes sense. I would agree with it too, but there always is that little bit of doubt. One can only hope you're right.
  • Options
    niihainiihai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your assumption makes sense. I would agree with it too, but there always is that little bit of doubt. One can only hope you're right.

Well, there's that, and the fact that these are people who work for a gaming company... If there's one thing constant in the universe, it's that people who work for gaming companies rarely do things that make sense to anyone else but them.

Come to think of it, that's not just people who work for gaming companies... That's practically everyone. Someone remind me how we got to and manage to stay on top the food chain on this planet...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    niihai wrote: »
    Well, there's that, and the fact that these are people who work for a gaming company... If there's one thing constant in the universe, it's that people who work for gaming companies rarely do things that make sense to anyone else but them.

Come to think of it, that's not just people who work for gaming companies... That's practically everyone. Someone remind me how we got to and manage to stay on top the food chain on this planet...

I just hope that they realise the amount of money they can still gain post launch by eaving the offer on until next month. People are obviously gonna be less inclined to buy it when the price of it goes up.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still on the fence myself, but mostly, I'm on the side that says, don't buy it now.
    Without the Hirogen playable race, I lost my motivation to play the faction.
    And I don't know if that decision is ever going to be reversed.

If I knew for sure it would be, then I'd buy the pack and save it for the right time.

No point spending all that money when I'm not actually going to play the faction and will be unable to claim the items.

I'm hoping the pack stays available, even at a higher price for quite a while, so I have the luxury of time of seeing if the playable race I want will come out.

Since that is what is affecting my decision to buy the pack, it could be a long time coming!

niihai wrote: »
    Someone remind me how we got to and manage to stay on top the food chain on this planet...

We invented guns.

And before that, we used swords and other sharp metal weapons.

Besides, when was the last time you had to go out gathering plants and kill your dinner?
    Or fight off wild animals and invading armies?

And top of the food chain really means "we farm plants to harvest and tame animals to kill so we don't starve!"

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I'm hoping the pack stays available, even at a higher price for quite a while, so I have the luxury of time of seeing if the playable race I want will come out.
    As has been stated several times, and is in the FAQ, the Packs aren't going anywhere. The only thing that changes is their price.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jonpark020979jonpark020979 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got the 125 one and i cant wait for it,

LOR is what STO needs to keep going this rocks
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly more likely that they'll end the "Pre-Order Discount" when the Expansion fully comes out. So, May 21st is likely when it will be ended.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Honestly more likely that they'll end the "Pre-Order Discount" when the Expansion fully comes out. So, May 21st is likely when it will be ended.

If it does, i dread the price it will become. Hopefully, they don't end it yet.
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That Scorpion fighter, can we get a Word on its cockpit? Is it going to have its own private Little cozy reccaro-seat, or will it have the feel of the Tuffli freighter?
    /Floozy
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd assume they'd put a countdown on the amount of days the discount price stays up. Similar to what they did with the Jem'hadar fighter and whatnot. Putting it on the launcher. The fact that it states that they don't have a date on the discount price ending yet leads me to believe that it might after launch
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To support Cryptics new and nice work I purchased the Legacy pack,
    but I was wondering if the shipslots for all the c-store ships I will be
    able to claim will be delivered together with the package?!

Or do I have enough slots as a lifer anyway?

Thanks for a reply captains!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    To support Cryptics new and nice work I purchased the Legacy pack,
    but I was wondering if the shipslots for all the c-store ships I will be
    able to claim will be delivered together with the package?!

Or do I have enough slots as a lifer anyway?

Thanks for a reply captains!

I can't sure for sure if you get slots with them but the ships will be claimable via the c-store when you hit the rank the ship requires.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no idea if a Lifer has enough slots, since I've barely looked at them myself.

I have collected a fair amount of ships though, just for fun, so I suppose, theorectically, you're covered for ship slots.

I just wouldn't go claiming them all at once until you reach the maximum level and have done all missions that grant you ship slots, because you will have a lot of them then due to one kind of unlock or another.

And if you run out, I just recommend you save your stipend and buy some more ship slots.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On most of my newer toons, ship slots is not an issue as I never claimed any promotion ships at all, instead preferring to just use my store versions. Only thing which scuppers me at higher levels are the mirror ships as they are not so replaceable.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    neurodopamineneurodopamine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, now I am super excited.
  • Options
    jtollinchijtollinchi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of the $124.99 listed price? (119.99 euro=157.83 USD)
  • Options
    jtollinchijtollinchi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I found my answer.

Since I'm not in my proper region, I'm getting changed what ever my current ISP is located. (or getting routed thru).

Think I got a work around too...
  • Options
    anubisdeltaanubisdelta Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its because of VAT for EU and UK regions.
    Member Since June 2009
  • Options
    daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sad really, I have a sum of steam cards at my disposal but I really want to buy the Legacy pack which I won't do in any form of credit card since I have run into many problems in the past with it...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, you can't. But in 3.5 days you can buy all the pieces you want directly from the C-Store - and you'll probably do so with Zen you didn't spend money on too. :)
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sad really, I have a sum of steam cards at my disposal but I really want to buy the Legacy pack which I won't do in any form of credit card since I have run into many problems in the past with it...
    I have never run into any form of credit card problem in the past and I did some strange things with it...
    My wife had her Second Life account TRIBBLE once a few years ago were the hacker made an insane purchase of Linden Dollars with give or take 200-300 (real) dollars which was approved by the game company (while officially this is not allowed due to daily/weekly/monthy purchase restrictions) and after the ingame coin was transferred her account was suddenly banned from game. The CC company however gave back all the money we lost while the developers of Second Life never acknowledged guild for what happened.
    In general the credit card companies are cool and you are insured for a lot of things that could happen, but the gaming companies whom you pay for something have to be carefull with your info as well.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello All,

I bought the Starter Pack for LOR about a month back and last Friday I decided to grab the Legacy Pack has well.

I put a ticket in on the 15th of this month asking what would happen to the $19.99 that I spent on the Starter Pack if I did in fact buy the Legacy Pack and I have yet to get a response to it.

Since the Legacy Pack contains everything that is in the Starter Pack I'm hoping to get a refund of my $19.99 or at the very least its equivalent in ZEN added to my account.

Is anyone else in the same situation has me and if so was your issue resolved?

Thanks for your time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    errab wrote: »
    Hello All,

I bought the Starter Pack for LOR about a month back and last Friday I decided to grab the Legacy Pack has well.

I put a ticket in on the 15th of this month asking what would happen to the $19.99 that I spent on the Starter Pack if I did in fact buy the Legacy Pack and I have yet to get a response to it.

Since the Legacy Pack contains everything that is in the Starter Pack I'm hoping to get a refund of my $19.99 or at the very least its equivalent in ZEN added to my account.

Is anyone else in the same situation has me and if so was your issue resolved?

Thanks for your time!

Reply back to the automated email you received when you filed your ticket :) Billing should be able to assist you once they get to your ticket.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    slipshottyslipshotty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the title suggests, when I attempt to make a payment through paypal, I'm charged in Euro rather than in US dollars. As I'm from the UK, this means I'm effectively paying more for pack. Can any Dev chime in and explain this? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They're not going to let you pay in dollars if you're not in the US. That way your country can get their VAT tax too.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As Thecosmic said, we get VAT added to most items here in the UK, and actually, it is Paypal who is adding the vat on, not Cryptic....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

This discussion has been closed.