test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Everyone just needs to relax. For whatever reason there has been a HUGE misconception on many players' part that you need to buy one of the Packs or you can't play as a Romulan in the game. I have literally posted about this in reply to someone over 100 times since the 18th.

Whether this is due to bad marketing or bad phrasing or bad reading doesn't matter. Many Gold members believe they need to buy something to play as a Romulan next month - and because of that belief many are upset that they need to spend more more to get something they feel they should get as part of their Gold status. That's an understandable feeling. Unfortunately it's a misconception.

Romulan play is FREE TO EVERYONE, whether LTS, Gold, or Silver. The Legacy and Starter Packs are just C-Store bundles. Buy them, don't buy them, buy parts part of them individually later. None of that will change the fact that Romulan play is FREE TO EVERYONE.

Personal Foul - Unforumlike Conduct - Using Logic/Reason to Try to Stem Irrational Forum Panic/Aggro - 15 minute penalty - 4th Down

:-P
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any chance for people who got the Legacy Pack bundle to be able to claim our Master Keys now? I'm only a bit disappointed that there was nothing that carries over to our other toons on the Fed/KDF side, like being able to claim the Reman Lib Borg Tac BOFF or somekind of title. Rest of the stuff I'm really looking forward to when LoR comes out, what I've seen looks really good.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been listening to all these moaners on pod casts about the new rom pack,!

$125...

If you can't afford it then don't worry, there are other ships too fly..

so for new members coming into the game..

enjoy and relax.

as to those Lifers who expect something for nothing.. and moan!

if you lot want this game to be here in 10 years time, it's now the F2players and micro management keeping this game alive.

work this out..?

10,000 zen = ?75/$100 per year...! thats less that 2 Xbox/PS3 per year.

get a grip..

?100 per year is not much to pay for a great game.

Khan.
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you can't afford it then don't worry, there are other ships too fly..

One ship at T5. That's "an other ship" to fly, not "other ships".

Just sayin'.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The breen cruiser we fly and earned, in winter wonderland is fantastic..

with the Birthday ship 3rd.. of the Ambassador v Kamarang..

both very nice ships..

I'm sure I will get slatted soon..!
  • relic289relic289 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $124.00 a $181.00 dollar value, ok...! Does it also come with a free steak dinner and a bottle of bloodwine?:P
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok

since cryptic decided to choose the worst possible payment services for getting the legacy pack with the pre orders and its only 20 days left.

anyone know a place or a method to get this legacy pack from a better payment service than cryptic failed with ?

skrill and paypal is out of the question.

Steam would be lovly but cryptic seems to dont wanna sell it there with all pre order bonuses.
    i would be willing to pay a little extra if anyone know a good source ?

aslong as the pre order bonuses are there i dont care where i buy it from aslong as its a decent payment service.

Steam origin or world of tanks both got very good payment systems why cannot cryptic have this ?

anyways if anyone know a place where to get the legacy and the pre order bonuses let me know asap please.

and as always NO paypal or SKRILL ( former moneyscammersbooker )
    ( they dont work and is banned in my country for scamming their customers. )
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it might be coming to steam soon.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    honvik wrote: »
    Has anyone found a way to purchase the legacy pack in $ instead of Euro's? problem I'm having is I use the gold old British ? and the euro conversion rate is shocking when I try to go through the process!!

Cheers

Ask your government to change the law they passed making that illegal, and I'm sure PWE will be happy to oblige.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • narclusnarclus Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can someone who has bought a pack please tell me how you know it was successful? I tried today through skrill but can find no evidence when I log in. How can ya tell?
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as topic says.

current payment options makes me unable to buy legacy pack 120 euro.
    timer is ticking out for the pre order goddies " nemesis costume and Titles "

when is this comming to steam with all the good stuff as on the homepage ?

this has been requested SINCE the day you posted the legacy pack on the homepage.

Paypal and skrill is banned in many countries better payment options IS NEEEDED.

not only are costumers loseing out on this.

but you are loseing revenue as well!

cryptic please act fast!

*world of tanks has like 30 payment options *
    * steam got 6 payment options but their main one is super good *
    * Several other mmo have 10 or more payment options for their expansions *

there is no reasons what so ever that you do not sell legacy pack on steam with all pre order stuff. charge extra if you need to to coop witht he steam charge.

even the older credit card charge that cryptic had loooooooong time ago when i bought life time was better than skrill and paypal........ why ? THEY ARE BANNED FOR A REASON.

fix this please.

if need be i give you my credit card O.o
    just get the damn legacy pack on my account ty ;)

moderators please dont move this topic where the sun never shines.
    developers needs to see this and act faster. time is running out for titles and costumes! and duty officers.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the developers have nothing to do with payment options. What country do you live in that banned PayPal ?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    What country do you live in that banned PayPal ?
    Neither is banned in his country. If you've seen his other posts on the subject he just refuses to use either service. That's his choice.

His options are to wait for the items to go to the C-Store. All he will lose is the Titles and the Doff pack. Everything else will be in the C-Store on the 21st.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't think of it as losing a Legacy pack, think of it as saving 120 euros. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SteamDB seems to think the legacy pack will/might show up on steam, so you can wait and hope on that.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    The thing I find best about this is that if you pony up the $125 for these ships you get nine ships but no free ship slots. So if you want to use all nine ships you'll have to purchase more slots which will likely net even more money in Cryptic's pocket.

And there is no information released on the ships themselves other than their consoles... and their consoles really suck in tier 1 to 4 ..and there is only one tier 5 console imo that is worth getting...but not for that dinky ship its in..and its locked to the ship since its tier 5.

Aside from that.. titles, and junk benefits.

I seriously wonder why people would buy this thing. Its just lame and expensive.
  • darkelfofficerdarkelfofficer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously wonder why people would buy this thing. Its just lame and expensive.

Conspicuous consumption and/or fanaticism.
  • d3viantoned3viantone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys are actually trying to promote this with the servers down yet again?

Daily service outages are probably not the best marketing tool on the planet.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question, will the $120 pack always be available?

Or is it a limited time offer?

I'm considering buying it, but there is one thing holding me back from doing so.

Because Cryptic didn't implement the playable race I wanted for the faction (Hirogen), I decided I was not going to play it at all.

I reasoned it's a waste of $120 dollars to buy something I'm never going to use, ever!
    So, I'm just saving myself money at the moment by not buying it.

If Cryptic revise the decision on that playable race later, then I'll be happy to outlay the money involved.

But that may be a long time coming, if it ever does.

And in the remote possibility I do buy it, I would prefer to do it via Steam.
    I just don't like PayPal (bad experience).

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Question, will the $120 pack always be available?

Or is it a limited time offer?

I'm pretty sure that the title of the Thread says PRE-ORDER.

Is this your first time in forum in the last 30 days?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That phrase has no meaning for me.

I've seen it enough that alleged pre-orders were just made available later.

My understanding is that it's only $120 when you preorder.
    When you purchase it later, it will be $180 dollars.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    That phrase has no meaning for me.

I've seen it enough that alleged pre-orders were just made available later.

My understanding is that it's only $120 when you preorder.
    When you purchase it later, it will be $180 dollars.
    From the FAQ:
    Q: How long will these packs be available for?
    A: We currently do not have plans to remove this pack for purchase, but their current pricing is available for a limited-time only. Once we have a date solidified for when the pricing will adjust, we'll be sure to communicate it.

As such it would seem the Packs will always be available, but prices will be higher when the pre-order sale is concluded.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • willuk23willuk23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi I don't know if this goes in here but can anyone tell me how much the legacy pack is in UK pounds (devs please help) as i'm thinking of buying but don't know the price from US to UK any help will be great as it will help my decision thanks
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    willuk23 wrote: »
    Hi I don't know if this goes in here but can anyone tell me how much the legacy pack is in UK pounds (devs please help) as i'm thinking of buying but don't know the price from US to UK any help will be great as it will help my decision thanks

Hey, mate -

Based on the exchange at present, it's 80.89 pound, but that's without VAT - which I don't know for sure whether or not applies to electronic purchases.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
    edited May 2013
    thanks that helps me a lot will deffo buy how does it work do I get all the stuff at launch or do I have to re buy them at discount price ?

and capricas revenge that a fleet in sto I love battlestar galactica clannmac
    edited May 2013
    willuk23 wrote: »
    thanks that helps me a lot will deffo buy how does it work do I get all the stuff at launch or do I have to re buy them at discount price ?

and capricas revenge that a fleet in sto I love battlestar galactica clannmac
    When LoR goes live the items you pre-ordered will be available for you to use, just as the current items work in the game: ships will be under Ships, etc.
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the help
  • vaylikvaylik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the pack going to be available on steam?
  • rexsterxrexsterx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha make sure they tell you once you buy your game will crash un-regularly and un-excpected or not on patches but on play time lol good luck all of you that may waste your money
    edited May 2013
    rexsterx wrote: »
    haha make sure they tell you once you buy your game will crash un-regularly and un-excpected or not on patches but on play time lol good luck all of you that may waste your money
    Let me guess, server crashed while you were waiting for the queue, and since you have no natural way to deal with emotional disappointment you decided to come to a forum and try to make others feel as bad as you do right now?

Trust me, it's going to be OK. 6 months from now you'll never even remember this incident happened. Really, really. :)
This discussion has been closed.