test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    They're not going to let you pay in dollars if you're not in the US. That way your country can get their VAT tax too.
    Of course if you don't like having to pay what you think are unfair taxes feel free to throw your tea in the Thames.

I don't think its tax he is referring to; just that why do people form the UK have to pay in Euro when we don't use Euro. And also the exchange rate is changing all the time. So its not exactly a fixed price we pay for anything that is bought for STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think its tax he is referring to; just that why do people form the UK have to pay in Euro when we don't use Euro. And also the exchange rate is changing all the time. So its not exactly a fixed price we pay for anything that is bought for STO.
    That's an issue for Skrill, as they're the UK-based company demanding it be paid in Euros.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last I checked the the UK isn't a part of the United States.

Neither are we apart of the European Single Currency. My currency is the Great British Pound Sterling.

Are you an American by any chance....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    That's an issue for Skrill, as they're the UK-based company demanding it be paid in Euros.

That is true. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SEEE! Even the real world has too many dang currencies to keep up with! ;)
    edited May 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    SEEE! Even the real world has too many dang currencies to keep up with! ;)

We may all end up paying in Energy Credits one day.... :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mwgacy1mwgacy1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013

All the options that I've used charge in Euro's rather than Sterling, not just Skrill.

I'm not sure what the actual issue is, the exchange rate doesn't change that much so it's not like the effect is huge and even if it was, the exchange rate between USD and Sterling changes all the time anyway so you'd have the same problem unless they charged in Sterling. Seeing as the population of the E.U. is 7-8 times that of the U.K. I can see why they charge in Euro's rather than Sterling as they'll be getting a lot more E.U customers than U.K.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neither are we apart of the European Single Currency. My currency is the Great British Pound Sterling.

Are you an American by any chance....

Last I checked, we (The UK) are part of Europe in all but currency ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Last I checked, we (The UK) are part of Europe in all but currency ;)

Would you care to read my post again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is why Britain isn't known Great Britain anymore. It's Rip Off Britain...the country is a fkin joke! Believe it or not, I buy my films on Amazon US than I do in the UK because I refuse to pay for vat TRIBBLE.

The only thing I won't be able to buy and get away with VAT is the PS4. I'll be charged with the vat once it's in the UK.

How come films from US don't get charged vat when it comes to the UK to my address from Amazon?

Sorry to be off topic here.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last I checked the the UK isn't a part of the United States.
    Sorry to say, but this is BS answer... If you know not to answer, please don't
    They're not going to let you pay in dollars if you're not in the US. That way your country can get their VAT tax too.
    This is sorry to say also an answer that is worthless to the OP.

Gold subscriptions are charged in:
    - US Dollars
    - Canadian Dollars
    - British Pounds
    - EU euro's
    - Danish currency

Then why can this player not be charged for the Legacy Pack in British Pounds?
    Cryptic and/or Perfect World are just lazy in setting up the normal international payment methods also used for Gold Subscriptions.
    Don't blame VAT for this.
    edited May 2013
    mwgacy1 wrote: »
    All the options that I've used charge in Euro's rather than Sterling, not just Skrill.
    Payments now go through Skrill. If you buy Zen from PWE with your CC, it goes through Skrill, etc. Skrill is PWE's official transaction provider. Those of us who live in areas where Skill isn't licensed, such as Illinois, learned that the hard way.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Funny enough, My visa debit card was and still has been declined when I pay directly to cryptic. My bank said they block it for my safety...pfft! Yeah right! They are making us pay for this by Paypal or Skrill in euros.... so no matter how we pay for it, we still being forced to pay in euros.

UK is basically saying shut up and slapped you silly with the vat TRIBBLE.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Gold subscriptions are charged in:
    - US Dollars
    - Canadian Dollars
    - British Pounds
    - EU euro's
    - Danish currency

Then why can this player not be charged for the Legacy Pack in British Pounds?
    Cryptic and/or Perfect World are just lazy in setting up the normal international payment methods also used for Gold Subscriptions.
    Don't blame VAT for this.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. They can do it if they want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the topic that was merged here had nothing to do with the fact that Legacy Pack is on Pre-Order... More the lack of payment methods, that is a problem and seperate.
  • mwgacy1mwgacy1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Payments now go through Skrill. If you buy Zen from PWE with your CC, it goes through Skrill, etc. Skrill is PWE's official transaction provider. Those of us who live in areas where Skill isn't licensed, such as Illinois, learned that the hard way.

Unless of course you use PayPal (or one of the other 4 options, not including Skrill themselves) which is paid directly to Perfect World. As the email notification usually states Perfect World B.V they're likely based in Holland, probably the reason for the charge in Euro's rather than Sterling.

ETA: Although some of the options go through Skrill there are still two other options that have nothing to do with Skrill.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Paypal charge in Euro's as well. Not sure why, but it is what it is....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited May 2013
    mwgacy1 wrote: »
    Unless of course you use PayPal (or one of the other 4 options, not including Skrill themselves) which is paid directly to Perfect World. As the email notification usually states Perfect World B.V they're likely based in Holland, probably the reason for the charge in Euro's rather than Sterling.
    Yeah. Brandon's going to be working out of the Amsterdam office for 6 weeks.
  • slipshottyslipshotty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was my post merged here? It's barely relevant to the pre-order as it affects any large purchase I want to make. AFAIK I would be facing the same issue with the lifetime sub.
  • nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please I am begging when you price things on the website can you at LEAST put the correct dollar price for those of us in the UK....

I have just bought the LOR pack imagine my suprise when I realise it's not $124.99 dollars for me it's actually $153.62....

So instead of the ?82 pounds I had actually budgetd for it was ?105....Now I went ahead and gave you the money this time anyway.

I thought long and hard about it though, and really I don't mind if your honest, but this just seems like a shoddy way to treat your customer base...

Why is it ?23 pounds more for those of us in Europe anyway, and why isn't this mentioned anywhere....

Sarah
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
  • gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    little thing we gotta pay called tax >.>
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Checking my office booklet for international taxes, works the same basic way in the UK as most states in the US: The buyer is responsible for knowing applicable taxes, the stated price is only required to give the base price before taxes. Unlike most states in the US, the seller *may* list the tax in the price of the item instead of as a separate item, but it is not required for most types of purchase.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its the tax that we pay in europe. slightly different for different countries.
  • xblade7703xblade7703 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    called VAT sorry u live in a country and dont understand ur own laws.
    edited May 2013
    What you've been hit with is your country's VAT tax. In the US prices listed don't include taxes. So if you buy something for $10.00 here when you pay for it it might be $11.00 with all the sales taxes. In Europe most places would just list the cost as $11.00 - they build the tax into the final cost.
  • nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And this is not mentioned ANYWHERE on the page?, why....

Come on it takes a little time to say look you in Europe must pay TAX...., however please tell us, in only has to be a side note at the bottom...

How you have done this, well it's just dishonest, can't you put the EU price on it as well?, does that take too much...

This seems like a much better deal than it is on face value, just be honest in future thats all I ask...

Sarah

As for the wags who have put know your tax laws why would I need to if everywhere else has it included. However this could be avoided in future by cryptic advertising correctly.

Or is STO primarily a game for the US?. Most times whenever I buy anything if there is going to be a difference between prices for countires it clearly states and it doens't take a genius grade to realise why, prior to purchase...

However this doesn't thats my problem, not that it charges, just that it does not give you the correct price which is could so easily...
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
  • joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For a long time now, PWE has been charging for Zen in euros for British players.

They claimed, at the time, it was forced by a tax decision as they were legally required to pay 20% vat on the transaction.

As PWE Europe is based in the Netherlands, this might be the case for countries that use the Euro.

However, there is a legal grey area because Britain uses GBP, not the Euro, and PWE are forcing us to convert currency, charging for it, then adding VAT.

It would be interesting to see this challenged in the Law Courts.
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • xblade7703xblade7703 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know about it as i play some EU games. AND I HAVE TO PAY IT IN THE USA!!! so to say ur playing an american game and it dosent list that U have to PAY your taxes is kind of silly. we all pay taxes on things. if u dont end up paying for it then smile. otherwise its standard business. i dont really see what u are even complaining about. try playing EU games with USD. each month the price of the game varies, talk about fun.
  • stonelokistoneloki Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With certain states in the US we don't pay online taxes, whatever the price says is what you pay, partly my fault here for telling a fleet mate what a good deal it was when I did not understand her Tax system or that she would have to pay that much extra.

Sorry for the confusion gilry.

Loki
    2p1n3_by_rainrivermusic-d6fyhfm_zpsemwlec9g.gif
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nimshae wrote: »
    And this is not mentioned ANYWHERE on the page?, why....

Come on it takes a little time to say look you in Europe must pay TAX...., however please tell us, in only has to be a side note at the bottom...

How you have done this, well it's just dishonest, can't you put the EU price on it as well?, does that take too much...

This seems like a much better deal than it is on face value, just be honest in future thats all I ask...

Sarah

they arent really being dishonest. being that its US based its highly unlikely they know the VAT laws, as im sure each country does it different, and would have to constantly change it based on exchange rates.
This discussion has been closed.