What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does the game launcher load for you guys ?
    It does not for me and I even rebooted ... . :confused:
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    that'd be nice
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know the Romulans have an old saying: "Don't turn your back to a Breen"

Maybe Cryptic should adopt the policy of: "Don't turn your back on the servers"

Darn Hamsters can't do their jobs right, time to get a Gerbil or a Guinea Pig....oh wait

the Community is already a Guinea Pig, so go Gerbil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's the REALLY funny thing...as SOON as the servers go back up Tribble will get bombarded AGAIN and this will probably happen AGAIN
  • Options
    thebert55thebert55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like I have to play outside today...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mdsmith1mdsmith1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any other business in the world with this kind of reliability wouldn't last two weeks. And just in case anyone thinks I'm just ******** and whining for the sake of ******** and whining - I've been through SIX outages in the past two months before I even bothered posting in the forums about it. You've got literally hundreds of people in here all saying the same things - what's it going to take before you guys do something about it? Boycotts?
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patience, everyone. ;)
  • Options
    gholendhorgholendhor Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just when I was thinking about buying the Legacy pack,well I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere
  • Options
    johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Obvious troll is being obvious ^^^^

Obvious virgin is being obvious!
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is great time to spam the forum and increase the post count to grow bigged internet cucumber.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

I wanted to tell you that in the years of some almost 2 decades of me on MMOs I have seen others die a moe honorable death like this and never come back. Superpoke pets and like ten other MMOs have had similar issues and never got maintained like STO. The guys at the office are probably trying to accomidate the overswell of traffic. They just didn't expect the gaming community to swell so fast and they got caught off guard. In the reality of things, The beta will fly because of people like me that understand the testing phase and want to see the game to the end. I am happy about the expansion and my husband and I are already looking to go gold. We are looking to later get lifetimes, however it won't be until all the content is in and updates are finalized. That being said, the servers are not going to get up any faster with you complaining and griping. It does no good to tell them how bad of a job they are doing. If I were in the office, I would just take my time longer. Just saying. As for the larger servers, for those that complain, the gold accounts maintain and upkeep the server. Lifetime is good for a one time bang of cash, but it is the regular gold monthly that is the heart of the payment. If you want less crashes... go gold. *smile* Logic wins. I have 20 some years in customer service and business management. That is why I know the servers take a long time to come in... they probably ordered them and they got delayed. If you work with them, they may give you better results. They need to hear they are doing a good job so they keep their spirits up and keep the game online!
  • Options
    kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is happening at the studio:https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7405805568/h99B806D9
  • Options
    questar333questar333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the weekend server crash and social hour. Enter the how many pages is this server down post contest and other fun activities by Cryptic. Along with the how quickly can this thread be buried with the odd dozen or more treads.

Fun..Fun..Fun.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woo just finished a replay for a Subspace Field Modulator - just in the nick of time!

Maybe I'll go watch an episode of Star Trek ;) Not the same, but it'll do.
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF! All servers down for the umpteenth time this week! And I was just about to get on Tribble to mess around some more on my new Romulan character! :mad:
  • Options
    necrolancerxznecrolancerxz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dang it cryptic, why don't you guys invest in some cannibal tribbles to stop them from wrecking the servers so much?
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Obvious virgin is being obvious!

No I do not have my cell with Virgin Mobile anymore. I did not like their service.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    deadheralddeadherald Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dang it cryptic, why don't you guys invest in some cannibal tribbles to stop them from wrecking the servers so much?

Better yet, invest in better servers and competent IT staff.
  • Options
    rexsterxrexsterx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yet again they are working on the original game server problem again since it was never fixed right , cool maybe we'll all just sit and wait patiently to tell us all in a day or so that its fixed there should be no more problems , you all got teeth your lying threw or lips that sink ship noises ? which ever it is heres a clue ???? really really fix them and if you dont dont tell us they are say there barely temporarily going to hold out untill the duct tape blows its fibers again lol , I salute to total lack of accomplishment you do , Toast !!
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    questar333 wrote: »
    Welcome to the weekend server crash and social hour. Enter the how many pages is this server down post contest and other fun activities by Cryptic. Along with the how quickly can this thread be buried with the odd dozen or more treads.

Fun..Fun..Fun.

Last Sat. crash we almost broke 200
  • Options
    kesak13kesak13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No I do not have my cell with Virgin Mobile anymore. I did not like their service.

lol's were had.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which Private Investigation bureau is currently investigating wht is going on, if I may ask ...
  • Options
    tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey look you people are the morons that just keep letting this happen. It's like ordering a pizza with hardly any cheese or toppings on it cause they want to save food cost. You bet your TRIBBLE you wouldn't be happy.

And fyi I played baseball in high school. So more like the jock bat to the nerds head!

Whoa, look out guys - this dude was totally badass in high school! Better get the Star Trek Online servers fixed so this guy who is totally-not-a-nerd can play Star Trek Online again!
  • Options
    burning1990burning1990 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    like what you say trekinvt
  • Options
    zetttooozetttooo Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omfg cryptic. how long does it usually take for their trained monkey techs to get the server back up?

if i failed so completely at my job - again and again - id be long fired.
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hate it soo much that it's making me reconsider my subscription!
  • Options
    andoriansrusandoriansrus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is getting tiresome.... I mean seriously all 3 games crash at the same time... sounds to me like they need separate server banks for each game... might actually work... but then again this is PWE/Cryptic we are talking about that costs $$$ and they want to spend as little as possible who cares if one game crashes surely the other two will keep running..... or at least they SHOULD
    Major Xi'Zzin
    I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
    Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
    I have never trusted humans, and I never will
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They are in the game already.....
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    buckmastergenralbuckmastergenral Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to make the point that these server issues are still talking place and there are 10 days until the scheduled release of LOR. Cryptic/PWE, How can you expect to handle the server stress when the new content hits holodeck if you can't handle it prior to its release. I don't know if the server crashes are being caused by faulty coding, hardware issues, or any other array of issues, but you as a team need to get hot on a permanent fix for these issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rhysdeltarhysdelta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to the MMO checker its all back online
    Rhys Delta
    Head of Technical Services
    TaskForce Atlantis
    www.taskforceatlantis.com
    STO Forums Join Date: August 2009
This discussion has been closed.