test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

Comments

• empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey ****tards! Increase the hardware budget you dumb ****s. You aren't investigating a god damn thing. You know exactly what's wrong don't give us your lines of bs anymore.

I think someone needs to relax a bit :)
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • razorx1971razorx1971 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes because Blizzard and EA can do a better job :)

They can and do a better job. Even SOE never had the downtime issues that STO has had since day 1. I've played this game on and off over the past 3+ years now and I swear this game has the absolute worst random downtimes.

I never had these issues with WOW, Star Wars Galaxies, SWOTOR, and any other MMO I've played over the past decade+.

They do something different in how they handle the network in STO that's been a thorn in their side since day 1.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    anyone heard from branflakes yet telling us they are working on it or do i need to check twitter for updates again? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I where thinking about going lifetime. Short after that they announced the LOR-packs. After that the Server crashed so many times, i can do better with my Money to not be able to Play STO.

Well done Cryptic. Get new Hardware.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Game Servers keep on crashing...
    Don't know what I'll play tomorrow...

>.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • rexsterxrexsterx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dudes your freaking messing up the game real good congratulations for your low quality server accomplishments , you all should go on a beautiful vacation :) then be locked up in little hot box with fire and brimestone to get your attitudes straighten out whern you come back and have 1 day to fix or you should all get some axes and duel it out to see who is to blame for all this :)
  • gm1911gm1911 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even get my STO launcher to open. This IS kinda disappointing.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here we go AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howmany Hours now huh!!
    JtaDmwW.png
  • darkkindness2darkkindness2 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alexmavros wrote: »
    Why this things like server down are not informed with 1-2 hours like this: we're going down for maintaince.

Because it's a server crash; this is not a scheduled maintenance and they did not know about it in advance.

Ah, the perils of testing events when all of the shards share the same login and authentication resources, right?

In regard to hating Star Trek 2009:
    kain9prime wrote: »
    IDIC fail.
  • mbilbreymbilbrey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If my server farm had 0.01% of the issues yours does id be looking for a new job! Every time i log in its the same thing. Several "server not responding" and today its just all the way down. Get your TRIBBLE together! Or hire me to fix this mess! Its not that hard to keep a cluster up under load. For what you charge in game for virtual items, you can afford bandwidth, load balancers, and beefy servers and above all else, an Admin that can do his/her job! Someone should be fired for the mess that STO has become!
  • selenablonderselenablonder Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is SOOO Annoying!... I had JUST Finished a Mission and KAPOOF! Server Stops Responding! and Doesn't Fix!...
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    razorx1971 wrote: »
    They can and do a better job. Even SOE never had the downtime issues that STO has had since day 1. I've played this game on and off over the past 3+ years now and I swear this game has the absolute worst random downtimes.

I never had these issues with WOW, Star Wars Galaxies, SWOTOR, and any other MMO I've played over the past decade+.

They do something different in how they handle the network in STO that's been a thorn in their side since day 1.

This happens every time before a major release comes out, not to mention they have a fraction of the staff and money that Blizzard and EA have. That being said, if EA or Blizzard came close to this game I would close my accounts.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • kaelgorkaelgor Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would seem that all of Cryptic's games are down. Even CO was affected.

Unless of course, their ISP is rejecting other ISPs again.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry was happy to soon. Now I see on the screen: retrieving list of maps. And nothing further happens. Then after a while Connection to the login server timed out.

Also the text says, I have to Press the Support button for additional help. Then a browser page opens saying waiting for www.startrekonline.com...
  • mouertemouerte Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting ridicules with all this crashes plz fix it not good for the game
    don't want ppl to start to leave :(
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems pretty typical, really.

Anyone else remember "Headstart" where those of us who pre-ordered were supposed to be able to have 3 days of playtime before launch, only to have the servers be down more than they were up (literally - the servers were offline over those three days longer than they were available - not kidding); and then Cryptic issue the insane mea culpa of "We didn't expect so many people would want to play" about the biggest science fiction IP to ever exist?

Like it would have been possible to overestimate how many people would wanted to play then - or today on Tribble.

Just wait'll "Legacy of Romulus" goes live. These forums will brighten the night skies with their fires when people can't get on Holodeck.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think someone needs to relax a bit :)

No bro you just sit back and accept the big **** in your ******* and let them continue to be cheap.
  • kheldornkheldorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and down they went.
    I can't connect to either sto or neverwinter. It looks like all cryptic games are down again.
    That whole same chat on all games is nice, but if you crash all your servers if 1 crashes that might not be the best idea...
  • innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I knew with the release of Never Winter Nights the servers would have issuses , now they are running testing for tribble , which i bet is on the same server as the other games , and servers go down again , wondering if pwi will stop being so dam cheap and buy new hardware and keep there games on seprate servers , and have seperate servers for testing , like this is getting so dam old , i just pre purchased for romulan and am high debating canceling that CC transaction as these people cannot keep a game up and running for more or less 6 months with out major crashes , this is just so dam stupid
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rayduhz wrote: »
    count me in, kicked mining dil :(

was 4-manning KASE; right gate down left 20% :(
  • oldspyguyoldspyguy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have also been thrown off the server and am unable to get even the launcher up at this time. :(
  • boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Upate?!? This is more like a freaking overhaul of the game THIS is the way it should have been when it FIRST launched
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey gang isn't wonder to be back together again these are great community bonding moments.... who am i kidding. AHHHHH!!!!! this has been my 4 try at finishing the borg and still it crashes!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why would someone pay a monthly fee for this when the game is free.... i do not see the reason to pay to play this anymore with all the server crashes.i do not mind buying cryptic points but i cannot see the need to pay to crash.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    LOL

Sorry Captains! Our Engineers are investigating the server not responding messages you are seeing. Updates to follow as available

3mins ago on twitter
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least i played more than one hour on the tribble...

But it's ridiculous that ALL the Cryptic games have to go down if the server goes down.
    That makes no sense at all.
    Champions - Neverwinter - STO - STO Beta... All down.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The server hasn't crashed, from what I can tell, the server is actually up and running. The network is apparently shot, though, and the problem may be occurring upstream of Cryptic's servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Coolant leak on the servers! The magnetic serverlocks have been ruptured! Lets go! Everybody out of the server! 5 minutes from a server core breech! There's nothing I can do to save the hamsters! Evacuate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN001iUenmU
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got disconnected from Tribble and now the launcher gives all kinds of funny errors. Don't know if the game server is down too or just login and patcher. Any ETA on this?

launcher doesn't load, tries to update and opens a blank IE window with res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm instead
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kirk: "Bones, is it..."
    [McCoy scans the server, stops, folds Tricorder]
    McCoy: "It's dead, Jim."
    XzRTofz.gif
This discussion has been closed.